News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1 million dollar '68 Charger R/T?!?!?

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, February 10, 2013, 10:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1974dodgecharger

come on now 69 this has been posted 3x time now  :icon_smile_big:

though it is 68 I would understand those dont exist in your book or the 70  ;)

johnnyseville

Hope he gets it, since mine is a Hemi, I can then ask 2 million, since it was the car McQueen and Bisset had sex in the back.  I have the condom to prove it, for an additional million.  :yesnod:
too many to list!

Ghoste

At least you can actually prove yours is what you say it is, that's gotta be worth an extra million right there.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 10, 2013, 10:29:26 AM
come on now 69 this has been posted 3x time now  :icon_smile_big:

though it is 68 I would understand those dont exist in your book or the 70  ;)

Figured it must have been but was too lazy this time to search!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

freddyd02

Baldwinvette77

"It is a matching number, Hemi 4-speed, 440,...."

Im not an expert but do "hemi 4-speed" and 440 go together? O.o

six-tee-nine

I think they wanna say that it comes with a 18 spline input shaft gearbox..... however that probably does'nt sound expensive enough. Everybody knows when you say Hemi and vintage in the same scentence the price goes up significntaly.....

I think Asking 1 million and having to settle with hubcaps is really pushing it ::)
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Baldwinvette77

Plus it's missing the hard to find headrests  :lol:

polywideblock

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on February 10, 2013, 03:58:48 PM

thought all 18 spline HD 833 were "hemi" 4speeds   ;)   brewers etc call them hemi 4 speeds

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

Yes, that's the nickname they have had for many years.

Baldwinvette77

six-tee-nine

Quote from: polywideblock on February 10, 2013, 08:59:52 PM

thought all 18 spline HD 833 were "hemi" 4speeds   ;)   brewers etc call them hemi 4 speeds

I've been told once that when you ordered a 440 (R/T) with manual trans it also received the 18 spline trans (and a Dana 60 rear) so the 18 spline tranmission was not exclusively for the 426 engine
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Cooter

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on February 10, 2013, 09:47:46 PM
IM LEARNING! :yesnod:

Since your screen name is kinda Chebby, It's like a M20 Muncie, VS the M21-22 "Rock crusher" Muncie..Didn;t mean it was any stronger, just sounded like there are rocks being crushed inside when driving in 1st,2nd,3rd....Same with "Hemi" 4-speed, when there was a "Badasswedge" 4-speed as well.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

billfury

Baldwinvette77

so i guess it's like saying "ls6 454 4-speed"  :P

JB400

Not hardly.  Sounds like your talking about a 70 Chevelle.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

BB14404SPD

My 68 came this way and original triple black and stripe delete

Cooter

My '69 GL came LS6-L88-"Rock Crusher" A833- 4-speed, with the VERY rare 440 Hemi, and Dana 9 1/4 option. With cruise control of course.
There was this cast into the side of the block so I know it's the badass version too. "High Perf."...

My 440 Hemi came through with the "Oval Port" heads that were aluminum and "pop up" pistons. Came from the factory with the VERY rare twin 750 Holley's on factory Tunnel ram. Yep, ordered it that way. I know the dude that bought it brand new. Ain;t got but 400K miles on it.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Baldwinvette77

Cooter

Without full documentation, PROOF that Steve McQueen farted in the seat, concieved his kid in the back seat (With pics and video/Audio), The actual camera that was mounted in the back with McQueen's sigfnature and photo of him signing it, It's a fake IMO.

1BAD68

and even with all that proof, there will still be doubters

Homerr

1.  Find old production photos of a Charger.
2.  drill holes in Charger, set outside to rust.
3.  Take pics
4.  Restore Charger
5.  $1 million profit!

I believe this car probably really was used on Bullitt.  But all that is offered is circumstantial proof.

Dino

Quote from: Homerr on February 13, 2013, 11:06:05 AM
1.  Find old production photos of a Charger.
2.  drill holes in Charger, set outside to rust.
3.  Take pics
4.  Restore Charger
5.  $1 million profit!

I believe this car probably really was used on Bullitt.  But all that is offered is circumstantial proof.

There is definitely a good chance that this is THE car.  However, he needs actual proof to claim it as such and even IF he can do so, where the heck does he get the idea that it would be worth anything close to that price?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.