News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WTF ???? Went to buy my dog a doggy bone and it says "MADE IN CHINA"????????

Started by skip68, February 17, 2013, 12:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

:flame:   The other night I was at the store and was going to get my dog some of his rawhide chew bones and noticed they were from China....    :flame:   So as I look at most all of them they all said China.....   I even saw a real bone and it was from China.   WTF?   Do we not have anymore cows or pigs in this country for scraps for pets?     :brickwall:    I didn't get him anything there.   Just a little rant that's all.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ram07

Is there any farmers in Las Vegas? They would be rare I would imagine....if ya want pigs feet, left over cow bones, stuff like that, let me know!

All made in Canada...shipping might be a bi*ch!

71ChallengeHer

Just go to the meat counter at the grocery store . And see if you can buy some bones there .

charger490

skip just go to a butcher shop and get a bone there is 44 of them there in your city

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Fred

Things are crook in Toollarook!   Our Australian Police Force is running around in uniforms made in China.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Old Moparz

Dogs will ingest their own turds so why would they care if they eat Chinese treats?   :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Fred

adauto

I've read some nasty things about dog treats from China. I try to avaiod it, but you cant always tell.
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Fred

Quote from: adauto on February 17, 2013, 10:45:15 PM
I've read some nasty things about dog treats from China. I try to avaiod it, but you cant always tell.

AND NOT JUST DOG TREATS EITHER!   :eek2:

adauto

How true! A friend of mine forwarded something to me last week about you can tell by looking at the bar code. As I recall something like if it begins w 900 to 965 its China, but I have no way to verify that.
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

A383Wing

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 17, 2013, 12:52:02 PM
Just go to the meat counter at the grocery store . And see if you can buy some bones there .

that's what we do for our dog...then have our neighbor smoke them

Bryan

Fred

Quote from: adauto on February 17, 2013, 10:52:39 PM
How true! A friend of mine forwarded something to me last week about you can tell by looking at the bar code. As I recall something like if it begins w 900 to 965 its China, but I have no way to verify that.

I knew all about the barcode thing (someone sent them to me) but I'm not sure where it's at so I can't help you. I did find though when checking it out back when........it wasn't really accurate.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Cooter

At least they didn't have fake "Made in USA" tags on them. At least they didn't "Switch the numbers" for a quick profit Skip.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

BrianShaughnessy

Go ahead and google chinese dog treats and you'll find a number of stories linking a number of dog deaths to chinese made jerky treats and the like.   

If your pets are important to you then you might want to avoid buying cheap azz chinese import crap....  but then again most stupid people just buy cheap azz chinese import crap for everything anyway.     :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Dino

If you want to be sure that the food that you and your family eat, pets included, is good for you I suggest you not only ignore the made in China stuff but you may just want to stop shopping where the bulk of people go and try to grow your own food as much as possible. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

sunfire69

There are a lot of dog treats and foods made in the US....a lot of them are made in factories that are kept at the same standards as a human quality packing facility...we have a local "pet boutique"...the owners spend a lot of time researching and finding US made cat and dog treats and foods...most of what they have is all naturel yes it cost a little more but it's way cheaper to feed better quality foods than the vet bills.....

Old Moparz

It isn't just dog treats or pet food, it's food for kids, too. My wife has been working on & off in the school district for about 8 years now. She started in the kitchen serving food at the high school, moved up to be an aid in an autistic class after she got her certificate, but now back in the kitchen after being out of work for some time due to some huge layoffs in the entire district. Just a couple of weeks ago she told me that some of the bulk food coming into the school for the kids is labelled "Made in China" right on the package.

I can't speak for all school districts, but ours runs the cafeteria in the exact same manner as they bid construction contracts. The district goes with the low bidder, a privately owned company, to supply the food & all the cafeteria workers & their salaries. The schools have a budget they can't go over & a minimum standard for what they are required to serve the kids by law. The low bidder's job is to get the maximum profit while meeting those requirements. Just like a lot of companies do to stay in business, you buy the cheapest thing you can.

The problem of getting garbage products or tainted food from China is due to a combination of reasons.

The majority of people never want to, or able to, spend more for something.
Companies try to compete by keeping prices low & import their products.
Lack of knowledge or interest about the product's country of origin.
Failure to specify where the product must come from, or where it cannot come from.

Sadly there are more reasons, but to be more any more detailed about it will make it political & I can guarantee that it will get this topic locked.

By the way, my daughter brings her lunch to school & my wife won't eat anything there.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Bob T

Good on you for reading the label and deciding not to get it Skip, barcoding country of origin i.d's are on the net, just google it .       2 years ago there was a food tampering court case where a chinese subsidiary of a local NZ well respected company ( Fonterra ) got busted for adding melamine to infant formula to boost and probably cheapen out the ingredients for making it. Babies died and an inquiry was held, the net result was found that some local farmers were adding it to their milk supply to gain a higher reading for some trace element and get paid more for their milk. I think they got put to death and the CEO of the subsidiary company went to jail.          I think the way to go is buy locally sourced products for as much of everything that you can
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."