News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: mauve66 on March 14, 2013, 07:56:49 PM
as soon as you start makeing them for the rest of us i will figure out a way to buy the sixpak throttle bodies and we will be golden..................... :2thumbs:

That's actually pretty easy to do...       run an IAC on the center throttle body, fixed linkage (easier to tune than progressive) and enjoy
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Homerr

Has anyone in research on EFI systems ran across a post/blog/article comparing a B/E body with a 440 before and after adding it - dyno, drivabilty, mpg?  I've seen some posts like 'It runs great now!', but I'm looking more for actual data.

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

redmist

Some more fun today....

Finalized the bracket on Crank, and started logging the tooth pattern while cranking.

Here is an example while just cranking. The missing tooth is obvious from the large single spike. The humps between the spikes are the compression stroke of each cylinder slowing down the timing of the log. This is what the MS3X sees as an input.

And this is what the MS3X converts it over to as a usable digital signal:

I also ordered a $50 RS232 to Bluetooth adapter and got it all setup on my phone. I was able to walk about 80 feet away from the unit and still log what was happening real time on the MS3X. This will prove to be a valuable tool while under the hood checking sensors, and tuning the car. The phone, or tablet can also be inverted and placed on the dashboard of your car. It will then shine back at you off the front window as a HUD or heads up display. I will post a video of the phone logging after it is done uploading.

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

redmist

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Rolling_Thunder

redmist

And a small video of the Crank, and MAP sensors being tested on the running car. so far so good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB8eOmcsMNk

Vainglory, Esq.

mhinders

Quote from: redmist on March 17, 2013, 06:41:13 PM
And a small video of the Crank, and MAP sensors being tested on the running car. so far so good!

Hi Redmist, I think I met you in another forum, I'm doing the same as you (MS3X, D-585, Siemens Deka 82 lbs injectors etc), but you are ahead of me! My engine block is since 2 months in an engine shop for line boring the mains due to new billet steel caps...seems that we nowadays have a lot of the "manana" mentality here in the snowy north...

Impressing stuff with the Android phone, I may need a bigger screen in my tiny Android phone ;)

I too have to use the distributor as the cam trigger, time and space doesn't allow me to do the triggering on the cam gear itself. I plan to strip the original Mopar distributor of most of the internals, fabricate a cap where I mount the Hall sensor and just have something very simple revolving in the distributor.

If you allow me to post a few small pics in your thread I can show you my induction system etc...

Will follow your thread with keen interest !
Martin, Sweden
Martin
Dodge Charger 1967, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition and injection

redmist

Yup... Go ahead sir! As much info as we can add, the better I think.

mhinders

OK, thanks, I'll add a few pics.

I chose to modify a Mopar M1 single plane intake, just because I had one! I'm Doing all work with the simple tools that I have at home. The injector bungs still remain to be welded, and setting up the throttle and kickdown linkage for the correct operation...everything has to be modified of course...

The ring type 36-1 tooth wheel is going to be welded to the crank pulley, and all fasteners etc. home made.

The throttle body is an Accel 1200 CFM with the Holley footprint. Adapter plate is home made.

I'm using the 383 engine as a test mule in the last picture.

Now if I just could get the engine block from the machine shop so I could start building the engine...I have everything except for the pushrods (the needed length is still unknown).

Cheers,
Martin
Martin
Dodge Charger 1967, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition and injection

redmist

Awesome!

This is a great thing to have added to the thread, as I went the ridiculous expensive route. (Still cheap compared to kits)  Modifying what you have is another way to save a boat load of money.

redmist

Today was good progress!!!

I finished all the things i wanted to check on the running car using Tuner Studio, and decided it was time to strip the car down.

After getting most of it out, I ran inside and grabbed my CPS Bushing, and Jeep Cam Position Sensor. I have been waiting to see how well this turned out, and it dropped right in and engaged the drive on the oil pump! The stock hold down works great, and I added two little indents on the outsides to self center on the CPS to keep it uniform in how it holds the whole thing down. It hardly sticks up at all, and I think it is a much better solution than using a stock distributor assuming you have a lathe to work with.

I then put my valve covers on and checked those. Clearance by the brake booster is close... About 1", but that will change when I switch it over to Hydroboost. You can see just how compact the Cam Position Sensor is in the old location of the distributor in this shot also.

And finally I set the new intake, and injector setup on the engine!! As you can see I will need to get a different thermostat houseing that is at a 90deg, or 45deg angle in order for the upper radiator hose to clear the throttle body.

It looks wicked so far!!

Paul G

I am really looking forward to seeing this finished. It will be interesting to see what happens with the power potential, and fuel economy.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

68CoronetRT

Awesome build!!! We run a megasquirt on a 22rte (Turbo) and it runs awesome!

We are planning a similar build to this except doing dual 4 barrel TB's and building a custom intake to look like old cross ram from the factory.

Very cool to see a megasquirt in a car like this!!

Are those the 440source valve covers? I like the polished look with Chevy LS packs on top.

redmist

Correct, 440source covers... they are NICE! Honestly, and made in the US.

Rolling_Thunder

WHITE AND RED 69

Looks killer!  :2thumbs:   Might have to pick up a set of those valve covers.  :scratchchin:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

mhinders

Martin

mhinders

A glimpse into my activities...injector bungs ready to be welded in the M1 intake...started fitting the coils...
Martin

redmist

FLG

NICE setup!

Redmist, would you be able to help me out. I run MS1 v3.0 in my BMW drift car and really want to setup launch control/2 step for my turbo setup. I have NO idea how to do so, or what board(s) i need to add....if you can assist or build it for me, of course id gladly pay.

Thanks!

mhinders

Quote from: redmist on March 26, 2013, 11:58:52 PM
Mhinders,

What are you using for a ECU?

Nice work, looks great!
Thanks, I'm using the MegasSquirt MS3X with full sequential control of ignition and injection.  :2thumbs:
Martin

redmist

Update:

I got the Intake, Valve covers/coils, Throttle Body, and Plug wires all mounted.

I went ahead and added a fresh set of plugs. I used my existing MSD wires and cut them down. I purchased the LS Style boot for the other side and added some heat socks. It looks awesome!!

I also added an intake. This is a temporary setup, and next winter I will relocate my battery, and build a cold air box for the intake.

Ignore the wiring on the firewall, i started digging through it so it looks terrible.

More later!

Rolling_Thunder