News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger with amnesia build

Started by Baldwinvette77, March 27, 2013, 10:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 27, 2013, 02:34:30 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 27, 2013, 02:29:15 PM
A sheet metal brake would help you out a bunch, even if you went to HVAC place and had your pieces bent. :Twocents:

I know, hell i theres an autoshop across the street (literally) i could take it to and build the whole thing, but my boss would likely have a heart attack if i showed up with this thing , especially without wheels, so, i'll spare him the trouble... for now  :D
dont let the nay sayers get you down , keep up the good work   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: moparstuart on March 27, 2013, 02:50:39 PM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 27, 2013, 02:34:30 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 27, 2013, 02:29:15 PM
A sheet metal brake would help you out a bunch, even if you went to HVAC place and had your pieces bent. :Twocents:

I know, hell i theres an autoshop across the street (literally) i could take it to and build the whole thing, but my boss would likely have a heart attack if i showed up with this thing , especially without wheels, so, i'll spare him the trouble... for now  :D
dont let the nay sayers get you down , keep up the good work   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Will do  :cheers:

dyslexic teddybear

I like it.

Saving a Mopar is a wonderful thing.

Doing it with skill and very little $$$$.....even better. :2thumbs:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on March 27, 2013, 03:02:05 PM

I like it.

Saving a Mopar is a wonderful thing.

Doing it with skill and very little $$$$.....even better. :2thumbs:

I like the way you think  :yesnod:

And for a dyslexic Stuffed animal you are pretty good with words  :rofl:

dyslexic teddybear

Thanks to spell-check and proofreading. :yesnod:

A lotta [expletive deleted] proofreading.

Old Tired Rebel

Oh this is going to be great to follow.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Old Tired Rebel on March 27, 2013, 04:18:49 PM
Oh this is going to be great to follow.

are you actually interested or are you just hoping something terrible is going to happen?  :lol:

Daytona R/T SE

Just a tip:

Before doing any more welding/patchwork on that car, I'd get it all leveled up and sitting straight with the world...

And bolt the doors on and get them fitting right.

Just a tip from a guy who has saved rusted junk that should have been mashed :Twocents:

Homerr

Have you checked out what your state requires to get a VIN?
Have you checked if you can insure this car with more than just collision?
:Twocents:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 27, 2013, 05:18:45 PM
Just a tip:

Before doing any more welding/patchwork on that car, I'd get it all leveled up and sitting straight with the world...

And bolt the doors on and get them fitting right.

Just a tip from a guy who has saved rusted junk that should have been mashed :Twocents:

I know, i was gonna get to that eventually, but before i throw the doors on i need to fix some rust spots on them, which i was actually going to start tomorrow, after that, ill fix some cracks in the glass fenders, bolt on the trunk,fix a rust spot on the trunklid, fix the caster wheel mounts, etc.  ::)

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Homerr on March 27, 2013, 05:30:25 PM
Have you checked out what your state requires to get a VIN?
Have you checked if you can insure this car with more than just collision?
:Twocents:

I have checked about the vin requirements, if you're interested you can check it out here http://www.canadianrodder.com/features/fyi/registering.htm

Or you know what here ya go:
Rebuilt Vehicle:
Constructed using various main component parts (body, chassis or frame) obtained from other vehicles or from auto wreckers, dealers or manufacturers, and whose vehicle identification number (V.I.N.), make, model or model year has been affected by this reconstruction. Rebuilt vehicles are registered in Ontario as:
V.I.N.: Of body of the vehicle (CHASSIS/FRAME V.I.N. is not used). If there is no longer an existing V.I.N. on the dashboard, you may request the licence issuing office to provide you with a ministry - assigned as RBT V.I.N., which you should affix to the dashboard. A V.I.N is needed before you can obtain a Safety Standards Certificate.
MAKE: Manufacturer of body of the vehicle (CHASSIS/FRAME manufacturer is not used)
MODEL: RBT
MODEL YEAR: Year that the motor vehicle car was rebuilt and registered with the ministry

about insurance, no, it's hard to get insurance quotes for a car that technically doesn't exist, but i'll defiantly research it  :o

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 27, 2013, 02:31:42 PM
Quote from: Indygenerallee on March 27, 2013, 02:25:52 PM
Your not Moparmanjim are you????  :lol:

Depends, is he awesome, if so, totally am, if not... totally not  :lol:

I'd stick with "totally not" if I were you.    :lol:    :2thumbs:

Darkman

This looks like it will be a creative and custom build.

Can't wait to see the results!  :2thumbs:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Darkman on March 27, 2013, 06:45:37 PM
This looks like it will be a creative and custom build.

Can't wait to see the results!  :2thumbs:

Me either, Who knows what it will be! :lol:

And who is this moparmanjim guy? sounds like an urban legend  :popcrn:

Fred

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 27, 2013, 06:48:57 PM

And who is this moparmanjim guy? sounds like an urban legend  :popcrn:

Believe me when I say............in this case, ignorance is bliss!  :icon_smile_big:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Fred on March 27, 2013, 07:04:12 PM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 27, 2013, 06:48:57 PM

And who is this moparmanjim guy? sounds like an urban legend  :popcrn:

Believe me when I say............in this case, ignorance is bliss!  :icon_smile_big:

Yup, urban legend  :popcrn:

NHCharger

Wow. I have to say us Charger guys are gluttons for punishment when it comes to saving Chargers. Here's to saving another one  :cheers: :cheers:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: NHCharger on March 27, 2013, 07:16:15 PM
Wow. I have to say us Charger guys are gluttons for punishment when it comes to saving Chargers. Here's to saving another one  :cheers: :cheers:

:cheers: won't be a showroom correct example, but it will kick ass all the same  :yesnod:

Patronus

Dad gum! You gots some pieces going on there! Keep account, n' plenty o wire. Gonna be some tappy-tap.  :notworthy:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Patronus on March 27, 2013, 07:31:48 PM
Dad gum! You gots some pieces going on there! Keep account, n' plenty o wire. Gonna be some tappy-tap.  :notworthy:

I can almost smell it  :drool5:

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 27, 2013, 07:40:15 PM
Quote from: Patronus on March 27, 2013, 07:31:48 PM

I can almost smell it  :drool5:

Amazing

Darkman

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 27, 2013, 07:21:20 PM
won't be a showroom correct example, but it will kick ass all the same  :yesnod:

Just between you and me.....who needs another showroom build. They are getting boring  :stirthepot:

We need more like you that aren't afraid to make a car the way they want and laugh off the criticism  :2thumbs:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Darkman on March 27, 2013, 07:59:24 PM
won't be a showroom correct example, but it will kick ass all the same  :yesnod:

Just between you and me.....who needs another showroom build. They are getting boring  :stirthepot:

We need more like you that aren't afraid to make a car the way they want and laugh off the criticism  :2thumbs:

I appreciate that   :cheers:

Fred

Quote from: Darkman on March 27, 2013, 07:59:24 PM

:2thumbs:  Dead on.  It's your Charger, you need to do whatever makes you happy.