News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

two tone 68,69,70 charger

Started by sardillim, July 22, 2013, 09:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sardillim

Has anybody seen a 68,69, or 70 Charger two toned?  If so I would like to see some photos to get an idea were the two colors meet

JB400

Most of the two tones that I've seen have followed the body line at the top of the fenders and quarters.  Sorry, no pix

maxwellwedge

If it is like most Mopars the second "tone" would be a painted roof. It would be painted exactly where a vinyl roof would be, and would include all the vinyl roof moldings.

sardillim

the two tone scheme I want to do would follow the peaks of the quarter panels and fenders,  not sure what to do when I get to the doors

bull

If Foose did one I can pretty much guarantee it's a two tone. ::) But anyway, tons of 2nd gens are two tone if you count the vinyl top. :nana:

I've seen a few, and IIRC that shortened 2nd gen that people keep trying to sell for gobs of money is a two tone. Gold on black maybe?

Here's a 69:

fy469rtse

I've seen one over here along top body edge line, and I think with a zed following the change over in body lines on the door, was a two tone silver over dark grey

jaak

Although not a factory paint scheme, I have seen a couple painted similar to the photoshopped pic below.
There used to be a 68 here locally that was black, but was painted this way down the sides with silver, and the tail pan was also painted silver....I thought it looked good.

Jason

Dino

Quote from: bull on July 23, 2013, 09:25:53 PM
If Foose did one I can pretty much guarantee it's a two tone. ::)

You beat me to it.   :smilielol:

I saw one once that I really liked.  68 or 69 with the roof in a different shade.  It wasn't done like a top though as the color continued over the top of the quarters and doors to end at the door indents.  Very nice.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Nacho-RT74

I hate "Foosed" ( two tones ) Mopars
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 24, 2013, 07:23:09 AM
I hate "Foosed" ( two tones ) Mopars

I see a lot of us agree on this :)

Two toned has been overplayed thanks too Foose. Its rare i see one i like anymore.

Ghoste

Me too, even Foose has overcopied Foose.

maxwellwedge

sardillim

I like the red and black scheme

WHITE AND RED 69

Here is a silver and black 69 from popular hot rodding.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Dino

Not a huge fan of that car in particular, but I do like the paint scheme.  I think it would look real nice when you use two different shades of the same color and omit the pinstripe.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

sardillim

i like it    interesting what he did in the middle of the door

Patronus

That's clearly the best line to 50/50 off.. I think it would be better with a gloss/satin scheme
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

K9COP

Sorry I'm late to this. But I bought my car like this:

Those wheels had to go.....  :yesnod:

I'm not a big fan of the paint over all, but especially the door treatment of the 'colour meet' That silver/black car looks wayyy better on the door (and everywhere else!) and that's my plan, to change the door colour line to that style.

CS
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

sardillim

very nice!   any chance you could post a picture of either door?

Thanks

K9COP

Hey buddy, not sure if you mean one or the other, or both, but given all the pics I have of my car, this one from the first night it arrived is the only one I have that really shows the door pattern. It does show the differentiation between the two colours on the doors. Driver' side is the same, just goes behind the mirror, but the line is the same. I can take pics of what ever you want me to on the car, but she's covered up outside right now and it's dark. I have other pics of the other panels if you need them urgently though..

CS

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

sardillim

K9COP

:cheers:

You're welcome. Let me know if you need anything else.

Cs

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)