News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don's 69 Charger Rust Belt restoration

Started by mopar4don, September 01, 2013, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 06, 2014, 06:28:04 AM
holy sheit, you are essentilaly build this car brand new!!!!
I still blown away with the amount you're doing.I know i would have sold it or junked it.

Homerr

Quote from: lexxman on January 06, 2014, 10:40:38 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 06, 2014, 06:28:04 AM
holy sheit, you are essentilaly build this car brand new!!!!
I still blown away with the amount you're doing.I know i would have sold it or junked it.

Sometimes it's about the journey, not the destination.

Bobs69

Quote from: CornDogsCharger on September 09, 2013, 05:55:32 PM
Looks like you're making great progress!  Keep up the great work.  I love seeing rough and rusty cars getting saved and put back on the road!  The rustier they are, the more I appreciate the work that goes into saving them.  

Justin
"CornDog"

Very nice.  looks like you are enjoying life.  Where are you getting all the free time?  Are you retired and/or just really passionate?

I just quickly looked threw the thread and you obviously are a methodical individual.  you must have patience and good organizational skills?   I wouldn't attempt it only because I got a big mess in my own shop I'm not too sure what to do with!

mopar4don

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 06, 2014, 02:17:02 PM
Quote from: CornDogsCharger on September 09, 2013, 05:55:32 PM
Looks like you're making great progress!  Keep up the great work.  I love seeing rough and rusty cars getting saved and put back on the road!  The rustier they are, the more I appreciate the work that goes into saving them. 

Justin
"CornDog"

Very nice.  looks like you are enjoying life.  Where are you getting all the free time?  Are you retired and/or just really passionate?

I just quickly looked threw the thread and you obviously are a methodical individual.  you must have patience and good organizational skills?   I wouldn't attempt it only because I got a big mess in my own shop I'm not too sure what to do with!

Thank you Bobs69, and no I'm not retired, just decided I needed a "project". Patience.... mmmm, yeah I suppose anyone would have to have patience to restore a car.
I know I would like to have a bigger garage.... my wife is not happy having to park outside in the snow! (Hey it's not my fault the snow blower keeps breaking) :shruggy:

mopar4don

It's a good thing I have my Grandpa's 1968 Allis Chalmers Lawn tractor with snowblower as a backup!

mopar4don

Cause it's like -5 degrees right now and we have approx 2 1/2 feet of snow on the ground!

mopar4don

Alright back to the project.....

Now you see it....

mopar4don

Now you don't

Homerr

Wow!   :o  Most sheet metal ever replaced on a charger?  You doing the roof skin too? 

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

timmycharger

:sick: Holy Hell!! Unreal man, keep up the great work :cheers:

MoparManJim

Are you repairing OR chopping the car?  :o

mopar4don

Quote from: Homerr on January 07, 2014, 09:49:31 PM
Wow!   :o  Most sheet metal ever replaced on a charger?  You doing the roof skin too? 

Thanks homer, Yeah maybe, The roof skin does have problems. I am undecided at this point.
Stay tuned......

Quote from: timmycharger on January 07, 2014, 10:08:28 PM
:sick: Holy Hell!! Unreal man, keep up the great work :cheers:
Thanks timmy

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 07, 2014, 11:33:57 PM
Are you repairing OR chopping the car?  :o
At this point you really cant tell can you?

Baldwinvette77

I said it before, i'll say it again, with amount of steel youre cutting out of that charger, you could have really started with anything  :lol: This by far the coolest rebuild i've seen  :2thumbs:

gers1968rt

And I thought I was a sucker for punishment. :icon_smile_blackeye:
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

bakerhillpins

Um, like, er, you basically took the entire car apart. :faint:    :o

Fun to watch indeed. You are doing a wonderful job.   :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

mopar4don

Quote from: gers1968rt on January 08, 2014, 08:22:57 PM
And I thought I was a sucker for punishment. :icon_smile_blackeye:
Hey Ger, I sometimes feel the same way! Only I have two black eyes!

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 08, 2014, 10:04:44 PM
Um, like, er, you basically took the entire car apart. :faint:    :o

Fun to watch indeed. You are doing a wonderful job.   :2thumbs:

Thanks bakerhillpins, you know it goes....... you start on this, which leads to that, and then you get the mindset that as long as I have it apart I might as well do it right...... before you know it, it's compleatly apart! But thats why I am on here, to get help and encourgement from you guys!

fy469rtse

Oh my god watching this thread with disbelieve, fantastic effort, that last shot there's more jig and bracing then there is car :popcrn: :popcrn:, I'm betting that your good with five thousand piece jigsaws of a sunset,
Keep at it can't wait to see car appear again

bakerhillpins

Quote from: mopar4don on January 09, 2014, 06:40:35 AM
Thanks bakerhillpins, you know it goes....... you start on this, which leads to that, and then you get the mindset that as long as I have it apart I might as well do it right...... before you know it, it's compleatly apart! But thats why I am on here, to get help and encourgement from you guys!

I hear you... That's how I ended up where I am with my house renovations.  :brickwall:  I have to say though, when it's all completed and you look at what you have done, there is quite the sense of accomplishment.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

green69rt

I thought I was replacing a lot of my car but you have me beat by a mile!!

mopar4don

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 09, 2014, 08:39:37 AM
I hear you... That's how I ended up where I am with my house renovations.  :brickwall:  I have to say though, when it's all completed and you look at what you have done, there is quite the sense of accomplishment.

That's one good reason, another reason why I do EVERYTHING myself is the cost. I figured out a long time ago, that as a rule of thumb, you can do about anything for 1/2 the cost that you would pay someone to do it! And a lot of times it's more than 1/2 the cost! (I used that savings to buy more tools! And what guy does'nt LOVE tools!) :yesnod:
By doing, I also learned and gained the experience and confidence it takes to tackle that next big project!

You are absolutly right about finishing a project, and being proud of what you did!

Quote from: green69rt on January 09, 2014, 09:09:08 AM
I thought I was replacing a lot of my car but you have me beat by a mile!!
Thanks green69rt

fy469rtse

Nah Mitch you've done the same amount, he just did it all at once , you two related ? I like his jig though, pins to locate holes and dimensions in chassis
Can't wait to see that front clip go back in, hoping he mocks it up and trial fits all sheet metal for fit before everything is fully welded

green69rt

Quote from: fy469rtse on January 09, 2014, 09:22:07 AM
Nah Mitch you've done the same amount, he just did it all at once , you two related ? I like his jig though, pins to locate holes and dimensions in chassis
Can't wait to see that front clip go back in, hoping he mocks it up and trial fits all sheet metal for fit before everything is fully welded

Yeah, I'm jealous of the jig!