News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingdustin

richf

1968 Charger 318/904 project
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Poor college student

comet_666

Wow!  This thread is great! This is coming along so nice!

chargerperson

keepat

Welded and filed the drivers door gaps. I set the sides at 5/32" leaving room for primer, sealer, base coat, and clearcoat. I had to weld a rod across the bottom of the door to close up the large factory gap that varied between 5/16" and 21/64. Now the bottom of the door is a consistent 7/32. Next up is the passenger door.
Thanks
Pat

moparnation74

Perfect work on the door gaps....Man what amazing skills :2thumbs:

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

Dans 68

Quote from: keepat on March 29, 2017, 09:16:24 PM
...I had to weld a rod across the bottom of the door to close up the large factory gap that varied between 5/16" and 21/64....

What rod did you use? Nice idea....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

birdsandbees

Looks like ER70 or 80S...

Beautiful work Pat!  :2thumbs:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

six-tee-nine

I have to admit, I am at about the same point as you with my 69 and I spend ALOT of time fitting panels and aligning doors, and getting the gaps acceptable. And thats not by 2017 standards but still alot better than the factory had it in 1969.
I think I have already several hours alone in the proces of getting the rear window trim flush with the sail panel. My wife says I am far to anal about that stuff and want it too perfect.... Glad to see others here being in the same boat and going trough all this kind of hassle also....
I really dare to say it out loud, the body work of the Charger is really grabbing me by the throat and I need to stay focused as good as I can but the day this thing returns from the painter I really gonna have one of the better days in my life....

BTW Pat awesome job as always.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

keepat

Quote from: moparnation74 on March 29, 2017, 10:56:47 PM
Perfect work on the door gaps....Man what amazing skills :2thumbs:

Perfect is the work that you are doing on your father's car, very cool build!
Thank you
Pat
Quote from: Dans 68 on March 30, 2017, 12:19:04 PM
Quote from: keepat on March 29, 2017, 09:16:24 PM
...I had to weld a rod across the bottom of the door to close up the large factory gap that varied between 5/16" and 21/64....

What rod did you use? Nice idea....

Dan

Dan,
Birdsandbees  is correct I used 1/8" welding rod (ER 70S-3) which is about the thickness of the bottom door edge.

Thank you gentlemen!

Quote from: six-tee-nine on March 30, 2017, 01:09:03 PM
I have to admit, I am at about the same point as you with my 69 and I spend ALOT of time fitting panels and aligning doors, and getting the gaps acceptable. And thats not by 2017 standards but still alot better than the factory had it in 1969.
I think I have already several hours alone in the proces of getting the rear window trim flush with the sail panel. My wife says I am far to anal about that stuff and want it too perfect.... Glad to see others here being in the same boat and going trough all this kind of hassle also....
I really dare to say it out loud, the body work of the Charger is really grabbing me by the throat and I need to stay focused as good as I can but the day this thing returns from the painter I really gonna have one of the better days in my life....

BTW Pat awesome job as always.

It can be challenging to stay focused and motivated when you're doing the body work especially block sanding.  All the real fun starts after it's painted.  Good luck with your project and keep pushing ahead!
Thank you
Pat

keepat

Passenger door gaps took a little more work. I had to add metal rod along the bottom edge and 1/2 of the front edge.
Thanks
Pat

Fitz73Chrgr

Wow.  Love this build. 

I'm sure you posted this elsewhere, but do you still have your silver '68?
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

BDF

keepat

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on April 06, 2017, 09:22:48 PM
Wow.  Love this build. 

I'm sure you posted this elsewhere, but do you still have your silver '68?

I'm sorry to say I sold the silver Charger 7 years ago. Not long after that sale, I promised myself that I would not sell another car that I restored.
Thank you
Pat

MxRacer855

You never fail to impress Pat!  :drool5:

RIDELIKEHELL

WOW! Pat she is a wicked build....btw We got the bump stops installed on my car...thx again  :cheers:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Charger_Fan

Great work on the door gaps, they look straight as an arrow! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Back N Black

Crazy skills and attention to detail is top notch.  :2thumbs:

keepat

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 07, 2017, 06:45:39 AM
WOW! Pat she is a wicked build....btw We got the bump stops installed on my car...thx again  :cheers:

That's great to hear you were able use the parts that I cut off my Charger and was about to throw away when I decided to put on this site for sale.
Thank you
Pat

Ryan

This thread needs to be made into a book.  Great job on the door gaps. 
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: keepat on April 07, 2017, 07:30:25 PM
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 07, 2017, 06:45:39 AM

That's great to hear you were able use the parts that I cut off my Charger and was about to throw away when I decided to put on this site for sale.
Thank you
Pat
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

keepat

Still working on the bodywork but took a little break from the block sanding and made a filler between the grill mount and radiator support. I borrowed the idea from another member. I need to weld a small plate around the hood latch and install a few fasteners before I paint it.
Thanks
Pat

Baldwinvette77