News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GYC in hot water over Rex's lime green 70 Charger.

Started by Cooter, September 22, 2014, 06:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman69

chargerman69

Someone posted this on his page, he didn't comment on it
Rex , what I don't get is why don't you just let mark take car back and make it right? I'm not taking any sides here . I have never seen car prior to accident I have heard it was a rough car. If he fixes the car make him do it until your happy. You took car from him and never looked at it ?
You seem to be finding all these problems now but you did not see them at time of delivery. I just keep seeing u need 25k and you don't have a car to drive. You have a collector car that u have to drive everyday? And not a daily driver.
Like I said some things just seem weird

chargerman69

He posted this about his car,

Posted this 2 weeks ago
I also got rid of my attorney and contacted Mark's to let her know that it will now take $25,000 dollars to settle this bullshit. Fucking Mother Fuckers.

His page is called 'Don't trust your Mopar to the graveyard.' If anyone wants see the crap he posts daily.  There's too mach to post on here of the things he's saying

6spd68

Didn't he swap the auto for a 4-speed?  The 'Appraisal' is wrong then.

Chargerman69, where do you fit into this equation?  Do you know Rex?  Did you sell him your car?  :scratchchin:  The plot thickens
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

r4daytona

I don't understand why rockers and doors are being brought into this - they were never touched as far as I know.  Also, I'd like to see an itemized list that Rex was suppose to get and never did.  From what I know, Mark sent Rex money to go get an itemized list on what needed to be redone.  Rex went and got something that was not a list, just a general statement about poor quality work.  Was it GYC's or the previous work .. or a mix??  Anyway, Mark agreed to pay it regardless from what he told me - but as we see, Rex wants $25K -- or -- as Mark told me Rex said "he's going public".  Extortion in my book.

As far as filler on the car to make it straight - yes, mine also has a thin skim coat to get all the lines straight, but I personally saw the chunk from Rex's car -- I don't call 1/2 to 5/8 thick a skim coat.  IT was a piece almost the size of a small dinner plate !!

Did Rex overpay for this car - apparently so - but won't ever state that
Did GYC do sub-standard work - yes - and Mark admits to that
Has Mark tried to resolve this - yes
Does Rex want to resolve this --  NO -- lets face it, he likes the attention and being the martyr.  It's giving him and identity and he enjoys being the Pied Piper with all his followers.
:Twocents:

TUFCAT

In the past few months I've seen all the Facebook postings.  Rex and his car are a perfect match now.  His internet personality and lack of professionalism have done more harm than good, and he too gets a diminished value appraisal in my opinion. ::)

Aero426

Quote from: r4daytona on November 05, 2014, 12:59:07 PM
Does Rex want to resolve this --  NO -- lets face it, he likes the attention and being the martyr.  It's giving him and identity and he enjoys being the Pied Piper with all his followers.
:Twocents:

I agree.  It is also pretty clear that Rex does not have the financial resources to resolve it through legal channels (I fired my lawyer).    His only option is to stir the pot.   I don't believe that will lead to a successful outcome in terms of the car.   

chargerperson

Good luck to Rex if he ever tries to sell that car....

TUFCAT

Quote from: chargerperson on November 05, 2014, 05:29:00 PM
Good luck to Rex if he ever tries to sell that car....

I don't think it matters much. With the daily driving and thousands of miles per year its destined to deteriorate into a piece of shit anyway (regardless of how it started out).  Its being constantly exposed to sun, rain, snow, salt, stone chips, rock chips, door dings, and accidents .....(been in two already)  :eek2:

Like Jay Leno says "I like to restore my cars to 100 point show cars, then drive 'em down to 70, and start over again".  :P

Well I can assure you Rex is no Jay Leno.   I don't know if he's even qualified to work in Jay's shop!  :D

Grm2159

Sad thing is mark offered to fix car at shop of Rex's choice. He won't accept that and now wants money for his trouble. Would never get that in court. He is losing supporters fast. He really doesn't know how to handle any type of criticism except by cursing at everyone. He said he will fix it himself and at the same time drive it daily. He must be quite the talented guy if he can do all he says needs to be done and still drive it every day.

TylerCharger69

This Rex dude is a moron.....to make that car absolutely perfect, it probably would've been in the 6 figure range....Hell...if that was my car, I'd be pleased that it was made driveable again...especially for that price.  Be happy!!!  Everyone else would have just totaled it out!!

hemi-hampton

I like this Quote below :scratchchin:

Whoever did the paint and body really knew what they were doing."

Yeah, They really knew what they were doing because they sure knew how to make a POS look good & fool everybody into thinking this was a nice car :shruggy:

Grm2159

TUFCAT

What's the door striker attached with.....wood screws?  :scratchchin: :D
Seriously, using bondo to reconstruct a structural part of the unibody...how didn't this stuff crack off?  :badidea:

Obviously it took a hard enough impact to squish the door jamb pillar so you have to believe the inner and outer rocker panels had to be pulled, which means the floor took some impact as well.  This "repair" doesn't even qualify as amateurish.  

No wonder it twisted like a pretzel after it got rear ended.

moparnation74

Man are they building a clay model?  Serious, bondo talent

Grm2159

I think rex knew he bought a car with tons of bondo and other problems. Guess he felt getting rear ended would get him a complete restoration. It even had a truck rear in it.

Charger-Bodie

Ha know every one is piling on on again. If this thing was such a pos then Mark should not have went forward with the repairs. Once he started the repairs he inherited the problems that came with it. People can say what ever they want ,but personally I would have eatin twice the cost of the repairs before turning out the results seen in the pics.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TUFCAT

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on November 05, 2014, 09:09:33 PM
Ha know every one is piling on on again. If this thing was such a pos then Mark should not have went forward with the repairs. Once he started the repairs he inherited the problems that came with it. People can say what ever they want ,but personally I would have eatin twice the cost of the repairs before turning out the results seen in the pics.

No question about it....you're 100% right.  :yesnod:  The first problem was accepting a job sight unseen with just a few pictures.

When the perfumed pig accident repair on the left door/quarter reared its ugly head...GYC (or anybody else for that matter) should have stopped, re-grouped, and started with a new plan prior to taking anything apart.  Big mistake, which Mark must certainly regret considering the outcome.   

chargerman69

Quote from: 6spd68 on November 05, 2014, 11:01:54 AM

Chargerman69, where do you fit into this equation?  Do you know Rex?  Did you sell him your car?  :scratchchin:  The plot thickens

Nope i don't no him, i just happin come across this stuff and thought to share

472 R/T SE

For those of you in the Winged Warriors/B body owners association that didn't know.  This is Jerry Moore's former car.  Moore was responsible for some of the meets that were up in South Dakota.

It's a bonafide 1 of 1 car having cruise control with an A34 Dana all backed by the broadcast sheet.

It may have been a basket case but all those "previous repairs" would have been done right had I bought the car.
I mentioned something to Rex last year about what a cool, rare ride he had & wished I could have saved it from him personalizing it.  He responded sarcastically & I don't blame him.  It's none of my business.

Robin & Kori know this car well.  I avoided telling Kori my plans' as last we talked about it, he said the owner who sold it to Jerry was wanting to buy it back.

Also, anyone that was at the 1st DC.com meet will remember the car.  Jerry trailered it there. 
Jerry & I parked by each other the next day @ Remilinger Farms for the Mopars Unlimited/Seattle show.  Mopar Action was there & did a 4 page shot.  The main pic was on the 1st 2 pages & showed our cars' parked on the end of the row, my only claim to fame.   :icon_smile_big:  I was on the end so I got the profile.  Neither one of our names were mentioned but that didn't stop me from buying out Barnes & Noble.   :smilielol:

At one time I was working hard on purchasing it.  Jerry sold the sublime car & a 3rd gen Charger to a flipper.  This car sold for $35k & said flipper took it to BJ where it sold for high $50k's.

6spd68

Quote from: chargerman69 on November 05, 2014, 09:52:32 PM
Quote from: 6spd68 on November 05, 2014, 11:01:54 AM

Nope i don't no him, i just happin come across this stuff and thought to share

Gotcha, looking back it appears I read your quotes and interpreted them as direct posts...  My bad  :cheers:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

wingcar

Just my two cents, but it appears as if this topic has run it's course and perhaps should be "locked-down" as another topic was.  It would save server space and everyones times.  Bottomline: if you post something bad about a vendor, and they make an effort to make things right, but you are unwilling to work with them.....then keep your attitude to yourself.  You'll find no support here for a lousy attitude.   

*Disclaimer: Just my opinion, and not necessarily the opinion of this site or it's members......
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

moparnation74

Quote from: wingcar on November 06, 2014, 12:46:19 PM
Just my two cents, but it appears as if this topic has run it's course and perhaps should be "locked-down" as another topic was.  It would save server space and everyones times.  Bottomline: if you post something bad about a vendor, and they make an effort to make things right, but you are unwilling to work with them.....then keep your attitude to yourself.  You'll find no support here for a lousy attitude.   

*Disclaimer: Just my opinion, and not necessarily the opinion of this site or it's members......
Stated perfectly :iagree: :iagree:

billssuperbird

mightywing7

I concur......   :iagree:

Let's move on to more positive things.  Life's too short to be so negative all of the time.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI