News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

That seller is an uneducated asshole that should be sterilized and NOT allowed to vote.

VegasCharger

AM LOOKING FOR A TRADE I WOULD LIKE TO TRY A 68 CHARGER BUT IT HAS TO BE A VERY NICE ONE 440 RT

Yet your Charger is NOT very nice at least $45,000 nice. LMFAO  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Yea let me come over and have a conversation lol. Probably a bunch of screaming kids, barking dogs, yelling wife and a bunch of jacked up nosy neighbors.

Polygon

After reading quite a few pages here, I think I did good with my 70.
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

Barfyspitz

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 01, 2016, 07:51:03 PM
That seller is an uneducated asshole that should be sterilized and NOT allowed to vote.
Is  it wrong to want to flood his email and voicemail with low ball offers from the ENTIRE Dodge Charger forum membership to try a give him and other sellers like him a clue?  So to make sure I understand him correctly, he wants to take an unfinished 69 383 car that he probably can't afford to finish restoring and trade even up for a completely  restored 68 440RT charger correct?  Sounds like a great deal...for him lol

Brian in GA

This crazy bastard lives just a few miles from where I work.  

http://macon.craigslist.org/cto/5549442429.html

and if that isn't bad enough, he's got a 68 sport satellite you can clone into a roadrunner: (and apparently make megabucks)

https://macon.craigslist.org/cto/5601536058.html

At least he has a motor to throw in with this one, but it is of questionable shape at best.  Has little or no rust--but there's a replacement floor pan just sitting in there, and it looks like the whole bottom half of the quarterpanel is gone. 

I don't know where these guys get these prices.  If they bothered to look at the cost of a few AMD replacement panels, they'd realize what it costs to restore a car in that kind of shape.  Frustrating, to say the least.  

Barfyspitz

Too much watching Barrett Jackson is what I think causes this. I had one paint guy tell me my car would be worth $70,000 LOL

Dreamcar

Quote from: Brian in GA on June 02, 2016, 03:56:20 PM

and if that isn't bad enough, he's got a 68 sport satellite you can clone into a roadrunner: (and apparently make megabucks)

https://macon.craigslist.org/cto/5601536058.html

At least he has a motor to throw in with this one, but it is of questionable shape at best.  Has little or no rust--but there's a replacement floor pan just sitting in there, and it looks like the whole bottom half of the quarterpanel is gone. 

I don't know where these guys get these prices.  If they bothered to look at the cost of a few AMD replacement panels, they'd realize what it costs to restore a car in that kind of shape.  Frustrating, to say the least.  

The price of the charger seems more out of sorts than the Plymouth. No dash (therefore no vin) is what makes it a parts car for me.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

crj1968

Quote from: Brian in GA on June 02, 2016, 03:56:20 PM

From the ad: I have a 1970 Dodge Charger no motor no trans no front clip no dash no seats good doors good fixer upper.

Sounds like a pretty simple little "fixer upper."

Challenger340

IMO, I dunno if all of these guys are THAT delusional or not ?
Granted,
many might be asking alotta dough for basically junk ? nonetheless, some recent "offers to purchase" I've witnessed on fine R/T examples, albeit still non-Hemi cars, and they are approaching six digits !
Canadian peso's mind you.... but still makes me think of starting a Delusional BUYER's thread !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Mike DC

If all the sellers are asking "too much", and all the buyers are paying "too much", and sales are happening . . then it's not too much anymore. It's the accurate value.   

That makes us the delusional ones for insisting they are all wrong. 

ws23rt

^^^ agree    The real delusion is that money has the value we feel or think it has.

The market place tells what the value of money is.

crj1968

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 02, 2016, 08:48:42 PM

If all the sellers are asking "too much", and all the buyers are paying "too much", and sales are happening . . then it's not too much anymore. It's the accurate value.   

That makes us the delusional ones for insisting they are all wrong. 

true that

cbrestorations

Ehh...I duno, there's a few cars on the market where they are just shooting for the moon on price because they saw one sell of the same year on Barret Jackson for 100k. But they are too dumb to realize that was a rare model and probably took 60k to get it to be worth 100k

6spd68

Quote from: Barfyspitz on June 02, 2016, 04:30:51 PM
Too much watching Barrett Jackson is what I think causes this. I had one paint guy tell me my car would be worth $70,000 LOL

I'd have to agree...  I was even told that my 318 shell was worth 25K as it sits, and finished it would be worth over 65  :shruggy:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

crj1968

Quote from: 6spd68 on June 03, 2016, 07:42:26 AM

I'd have to agree...  I was even told that my 318 shell was worth 25K as it sits, and finished it would be worth over 65  :shruggy:

Call that guy back and get that $25K!   :icon_smile_big:

Mike DC

QuoteEhh...I duno, there's a few cars on the market where they are just shooting for the moon on price because they saw one sell of the same year on Barret Jackson for 100k. But they are too dumb to realize that was a rare model and probably took 60k to get it to be worth 100k

Everybody has been saying this for years.  But that's just it - the big-time TV auctions have been going on since the early Bush/Cheney era.  This isn't a temporary thing.  We wouldn't call something a brief temporary inflation of prices if it had occurred from 1964-1976.

There is no law saying a project car's value must be low enough to make it a practical resto.  If project demand is high enough that 1/3rd-finished cars are selling for 2/3rds-finished prices, then so be it.  That's the accurate project value.    

1974dodgecharger

I have tested the waters many times to see what my car fetches on the market when I feel tired of the charger I want to sell and leave it up for 2 to 3 weeks.  I want to say NO WAY IN HELL those junkers r selling one bit which makes em delusional sellers. I sell my stuff pretty cheap and fair...at roughly 50 percent what I bought it for....I had no takers at 30k not even 20k on my car...sometimes I say I want to go get a house and uee charger as down payment and hell majority of folks want to give me 10k max.
Point of story is these sellers are delusional not the buyers. ...we tried to do a delusional buyers thread and it wasn't that good..........

Mytur Binsdirti

58 large for a hack job 318 car with a 2 foot puddle under the engine?  But hey, he says that it's completely restored.     ::)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-Base-Hardtop-2-Door-/262464185657?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3d1c15a539:g:jx8AAOSwepJXTzC-&item=262464185657

Mytur Binsdirti

And another..........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-R-T-/231967880055?forcerrptr=true&hash=item36025cf377:g:EwMAAOSwzJ5XUu-c&item=231967880055

"This vehicle has over $80,000 invested and was restored for a charity raffle and won by a elderly gentleman who elected cash instead of the car this vehicle"

Smart man I'd say.

Mike DC

When I say 1/3rd finished cars are worth 2/3rds finished prices, I'm talking about sub-$15,000 2nd-gens. 

People shopping with $20k+ are a different group of buyers looking for a different kind of car. 

1974dodgecharger

lmao...man comic relieve when I feel down  :icon_smile_big:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 05, 2016, 03:28:23 AM
58 large for a hack job 318 car with a 2 foot puddle under the engine?  But hey, he says that it's completely restored.     ::)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-Base-Hardtop-2-Door-/262464185657?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3d1c15a539:g:jx8AAOSwepJXTzC-&item=262464185657

drove it 50 miles to make sure it was 'PERFECT'!!!!  :rofl:

VegasCharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 05, 2016, 03:33:44 AM
And another..........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-R-T-/231967880055?forcerrptr=true&hash=item36025cf377:g:EwMAAOSwzJ5XUu-c&item=231967880055

"This vehicle has over $80,000 invested and was restored for a charity raffle and won by a elderly gentleman who elected cash instead of the car this vehicle"

Smart man I'd say.

What, he didn't like the map pockets on the door panels.

426 Hemi clone? Not with those badges.

Badges, we don't need any stinking badges.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Homerr

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 05, 2016, 03:28:23 AM

You guys don't understand, it's got teh Foooooooooose!