News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F8-4life

It's definatly rough out there for young guys or really anyone trying to enter the hobby on a budget and is trying to find an affordable mopar muscle car, especially a 68-70 charger.
This thread sucks in that sense.

marshallfry01

Quote from: F8-4life on December 22, 2016, 10:08:06 PM
It's definatly rough out there for young guys or really anyone trying to enter the hobby on a budget and is trying to find an affordable mopar muscle car, especially a 68-70 charger.
This thread sucks in that sense.

I couldn't agree more! I've been wanting a 69 for 18 years. I was 4 years old when I started watching Dukes. I wanted a charger as soon as a saw it slide around the corner. I was 10 years old in 2004 and had $200 to my name maybe. When the prices sky rocketed in 2005 I knew it would be a long long time before I could afford a decent car. I worked as much as I could to try and save money to buy one that would run so I could drive it by the time I was 16. No matter how hard I tried I never could save enough. They kept inching up in value. I was a day late and a dollar short every time I found a fair deal. Fast forward to 2012 I graduated high school and went to college that fall. I majored in Aviation as a professional pilot. It costs $60,000 to earn all of your ratings in the plane. That does not include tuition for classes. Every summer, weekend, and holiday since 10th grade I've worked to save money for college. I found a really good deal on (2) 1970 chargers summer 2015. Way too good of a deal to let pass. I had just enough money saved and I bought them and they have sat under my dads shed ever since I brought them home. Last week I graduated with my Bachelors of Science degree in Aviation. I am completely debt free. Never took out a student loan. Now I can finally start saving up to restore my charger. Hopefully these last 7 years of busting my ass will pay off.

Sorry for such a long post, but F8-4life is exactly right. It's super hard to get into this hobby in today's time when you're working your way through school or just starting out.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

VegasCharger

Quote from: marshallfry01 on December 22, 2016, 11:15:20 PM
I couldn't agree more! I've been wanting a 69 for 18 years. I was 4 years old when I started watching Dukes. I wanted a charger as soon as a saw it slide around the corner. I was 10 years old in 2004 and had $200 to my name maybe. When the prices sky rocketed in 2005 I knew it would be a long long time before I could afford a decent car. I worked as much as I could to try and save money to buy one that would run so I could drive it by the time I was 16. No matter how hard I tried I never could save enough. They kept inching up in value. I was a day late and a dollar short every time I found a fair deal. Fast forward to 2012 I graduated high school and went to college that fall. I majored in Aviation as a professional pilot. It costs $60,000 to earn all of your ratings in the plane. That does not include tuition for classes. Every summer, weekend, and holiday since 10th grade I've worked to save money for college. I found a really good deal on (2) 1970 chargers summer 2015. Way too good of a deal to let pass. I had just enough money saved and I bought them and they have sat under my dads shed ever since I brought them home. Last week I graduated with my Bachelors of Science degree in Aviation. I am completely debt free. Never took out a student loan. Now I can finally start saving up to restore my charger. Hopefully these last 7 years of busting my ass will pay off.

Sorry for such a long post, but F8-4life is exactly right. It's super hard to get into this hobby in today's time when you're working your way through school or just starting out.

I like hearing stories like this one. More young teenagers need to take a page from this one. Hard work, dedication and perseverance. Student loans are the evil for the hopes of young adult men and women entering the work force. Doing it how you did you don't have that weight of the student loan gorilla on your shoulders. Good hard work and now rewarded moving forward. You're so much ahead of the "Normal" crowd and in a good position to be set for life with your way of approaching it.

Good luck to you and good luck to your 1970 Chargers.  :cheers: :cheers:  

Mike DC

Give it another 15 years.  Zillions of baby-boomers will be passing out of the hobby.  Their kids & grandkids will end up dumping a lot of decent-condition older restorations onto the market.  That will drive down prices.  The dollar figures won't come down but that's the hidden effect of inflation.  The actual values will be lowering. 

Granted, 2nd-gen Chargers will be some of the least/last affected by this.  They have too much cred among younger people.   

Mytur Binsdirti

I've been wanting a 69 for 18 years.

Obviously, you've been married for quite a while.

marshallfry01

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 23, 2016, 06:52:57 AM

Nope, I have never been married. I'm 22 right now. Between high school and college it has been super hard to save up for a decent charger. I couldn't imagine saving for a charger if I was married.  :eek2:
1969 Charger 383/auto

Kern Dog

Some people REEALLLY do not get the joke!
Marshall....Do a google search on the term 69. Not 69 Charger, JUST the number 69.    :smilielol:

TPR

Too funny. He walked right into that one.
Not everybody has a Dirty mind like you Turbin.
:smilielol:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

marshallfry01

:lol: :lol: That flew right over my head. Usually I can catch stuff like that. Lol
1969 Charger 383/auto

Ryan.C

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 23, 2016, 01:48:24 AM

Give it another 15 years.  Zillions of baby-boomers will be passing out of the hobby.  Their kids & grandkids will end up dumping a lot of decent-condition older restorations onto the market.  That will drive down prices.  The dollar figures won't come down but that's the hidden effect of inflation.  The actual values will be lowering. 

Granted, 2nd-gen Chargers will be some of the least/last affected by this.  They have too much cred among younger people.   

:yesnod: or at least that is what I am banking on!
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: TPR on December 23, 2016, 11:22:12 PM

Too funny. He walked right into that one.
Not everybody has a Dirty mind like you Turbin.
:smilielol:
TPR

Dirty mind? I'm just your average normal male.  :yesnod:

AKcharger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 23, 2016, 01:48:24 AM

Mike DC is right! I plan to sell mine within 10 years to avoid the "dump"

My question is people are ASKING these prices but are they getting them??? I just looked on Ebay for "1970 charger" haven't looked for parts for a while and was floored by what they want for parts! same question...are they getting that much for parts?

Oh, my contribution
$13K for non-running rusty parts car

https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/5921536567.html

alfaitalia

Go into advanced search when looking for Chargers and click on the completed sales...that way you will see what they actually sold for rather than silly asking prices....makes for more realistic reading!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: alfaitalia on December 26, 2016, 02:43:30 PM
Go into advanced search when looking for Chargers and click on the completed sales...that way you will see what they actually sold for rather than silly asking prices....makes for more realistic reading!

Never seen such stat report on any site.

MoparMotel

How about this '68 general lee that is barely driver quality for $85,000

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/5936201098.html
1968 Dodge Charger

MoparMotel

1968 Dodge Charger

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

MoparMotel

Quote from: Dino on December 31, 2016, 12:27:34 AM
$140K???? WTF is he smoking??

That's what I'm saying. I watch L.A. Craigslist quite a bit since it is only a couple hours away from me and tend to see a lot of ads like this.
1968 Dodge Charger

1974dodgecharger

Tilar

Quote from: VegasCharger on December 16, 2016, 04:22:06 AM
Back to the thread topic........ :popcrn:

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5906833696.html

That one is a prime example of an oxymoron...
QuoteThis car is all original with under 40,000 miles, original 400 engine has been bored n stroked to 512 ci, trans was rebuilt with Mopar racing clutches, valves, and bands, w stall converter

So much for the "All Original".
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Tilar on December 31, 2016, 06:58:38 AM

That one is a prime example of an oxymoron... 

No, he's just a moron.

chargerboy69

Quote from: MoparMotel on December 31, 2016, 12:24:50 AM
Or this R/T 440 for $140,000?

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5927686527.html

I actually made the guy a offer a few days ago.  Well, his ad said to make an offer, so I offered $37500.00.

I received two e-mails back telling me what I could do with my $37500.00. I took that as a no on a deal.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

chargerboy69

Quote from: Dino on December 31, 2016, 12:27:34 AM
$140K???? WTF is he smoking??

According to him its worth every penny.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford