News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best wiring Harness

Started by darkfiire5000, November 29, 2014, 08:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkfiire5000

Am looking to replace the wiring from the front to the rear of the car. Best place for this with an option to add stuff like electric fans etc.

Mopar Nut

What year of car is it?

YearOne sells most factory repo harnesses made by M&H and then you can modify it.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

RoscoePColtrain

twodko

M & H seems to be the gold standard.
I bought a front lights harness for my '69.
Perfect in every way to included vac lines.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

garner7555

I have been trying to decide on wiring and I think American auto wire looks like one of the best to me.  :Twocents:   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

70Tom383

I'm currently in the process of putting an ez-harness in my 68 charger, and it's not really easy... I'm running a mopar electronic ignition, powermaster 1 wire alternator, keeping the stock keyed ignition and some of the switches too. If I had to do this all over again, I'd only buy an ez if they had better directions...I emailed them with some questions regarding the directions but they never got back to me. I have a post right near this one where someone very awesome is helping me figure out what goes where, and the directions are on there too if you want to take a look and see if it looks like something you want or don't want. Good luck on a choice, I'd like to know which direction you choose!
1970 Charger SE(sold)
1968 Charger R/T

72Charger-SE

After some research and checking reviews I just 'now' purchased the KwikWire 22 Circuit Wiring Kit.  I like the built-in coil 'kill switch' concept as well as 'Made in the U.S.A!  $332.00 with shipping.  It will be a few weeks/months before I can say it was a good choice or not as the car is out for finish bodywork & paint.

https://www.kwikwire.com/

comet_666

Just got my Ron Francis XP-777 kit in the mail and it looks great... One of the things I like about this kit is that the fuse block is not pre-wired, meaning it wont have tons of wires going nowhere , only the ones that I need. Now to hook it up to my Dakota Digital dash!!

TexasStroker

Quote from: comet_666 on February 03, 2015, 10:53:54 PM
Just got my Ron Francis XP-777 kit in the mail and it looks great... One of the things I like about this kit is that the fuse block is not pre-wired, meaning it wont have tons of wires going nowhere , only the ones that I need. Now to hook it up to my Dakota Digital dash!!

Sweet man...That is the RF piece I was looking to pick up!  Please post back with updates of how you are liking it.  Very little first hand feedback on the aftermarket options.  I pretty much decided to go that route last fall, but I have held off buying it until I get a few more things back together.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

fizz

Dakota digital dash is easy. One constant hot and one keyed hot from the fuzebox and then wire in supplied senders. Wiper switch easy, hot from fuzebox to wiper switch and then wiper switch to wiper motor and easher motor. Turn signal switch wire in from fuze block flashers and light switch then I routed to a relay center under battery tray for headlights and headlight doors. Ignition switch and light switch not so much. My suggestion is wire as much as you can, and call chris @ ron francis. I would post how I wired mine after I install the dash and test. Not willing to share until I test, don't want to steer in the wrong direction.

Dreamcar

I'm definitely going to follow this thread. Someday I'll have to decide if it's worth spending the money for an M&H system on my numbers matching, non-RT 69 with many original panels having been replaced. Those after-market kits seem quite nice and the prices are great.

:popcrn:
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Ghoste

If you are going after a correct resto on a numbers matching car etc. then you really should not even consider the diy kits.  :Twocents:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Dreamcar on March 19, 2015, 10:52:05 AM
I'm definitely going to follow this thread. Someday I'll have to decide if it's worth spending the money for an M&H system on my numbers matching, non-RT 69 with many original panels having been replaced. Those after-market kits seem quite nice and the prices are great.

If you don't want headaches, the M&H wiring with a 30% off is the best way to go.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

timmycharger

Been waiting on my tail light harness from Year One since January, called them today and was told they are on back order until May!!!  :brickwall:

Dreamcar

Quote from: Ghoste on March 19, 2015, 12:40:22 PM
If you are going after a correct resto on a numbers matching car etc. then you really should not even consider the diy kits.  :Twocents:

I hear you. It s just that a non-RT is only worth so much. So how much value added is a reproduction harness vs a modern harness. Plus, I plan on upgrfading the brakes and adding some chassis stiffening and moderate bolt-on suspension upgrades too. Plus, at least 50% of the sheet metal will be replaced. Something for me to think about.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

VegasCharger

Quote from: Mopar Nut on March 19, 2015, 01:35:57 PM

If you don't want headaches, the M&H wiring with a 30% off is the best way to go.

Such as now at Year One. 30% off until Sunday midnight (3-22-15). Grab it and save about $142.00 :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: timmycharger on March 19, 2015, 01:41:04 PM
Been waiting on my tail light harness from Year One since January, called them today and was told they are on back order until May!!!  :brickwall:

Cancel it and get an Evans harness from this seller on eBay. I did and installed it yesterday.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151612614620?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

VegasCharger

4 days shy of 4 months to get my rear tail light harness from Y.O. but my underdash arrived in 8 days from Y.O. :shruggy:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: timmycharger on March 19, 2015, 01:41:04 PM
That just shows you how popular they are and well worth the wait.

Charger-Bodie

The Evans one I just installed was the first harness I've used that wasn't m and h . The Evans harness was just as good or better.

Year one just don't order them until they have a certain amount of people's money first. Imo.

M&h makes a nice quality harness. It just sucks that you have to get it from year one.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Mopar Nut

Quote from: VegasCharger on March 22, 2015, 08:35:43 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on March 19, 2015, 01:35:57 PM

Such as now at Year One. 30% off until Sunday midnight (3-22-15). Grab it and save about $142.00 :cheers:

psst! Looks like the code - MAD15 for 30% off is still working!

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 23, 2015, 12:08:38 AM
The Evans one I just installed was the first harness I've used that wasn't m and h . The Evans harness was just as good or better.

Year one just don't order them until they have a certain amount of people's money first. Imo.

M&h makes a nice quality harness. It just sucks that you have to get it from year one.
Wow, did I see the price correctly, it's over $100 more.

Charger-Bodie

Or best offer. Plus .supply and demand. I'd rather pay a little more for part a and have it three days from now. Than save 75.00 and get it who know when. Could be a year.

timmycharger

The quality of this harness from Year One is pretty good, as stated, its an M&H. Came in earlier than last quoted too!