News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My free 69 charger R/T ....

Started by Pat1973charger, January 26, 2015, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat1973charger

small update, I got the roof skin off the R/T (in pieces) and started dismantling the xp29 I had bought last summer which is now a parts wreck.

she is quite rotted under the roof skin even thought the skin was pretty decent, the xp29 skin was rotted bad but structure was better (not good) but better then this  :shruggy:

here is the xp29 or what was  :o the huge amount of snow we had this winter here crushed it in on itself some.

anyone need a quarter skin?  :rofl:

Baldwinvette77

I wish i was there to help, that looks like fun  :drool5:

Dino

Hmmm that package tray still looks decent...and mine is all hacked up... :scratchchin:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Pat1973charger

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on July 15, 2015, 08:48:24 PM
I wish i was there to help, that looks like fun  :drool5:

I wish you were here to help Baldwin, I could use it!

Quote from: Dino on July 15, 2015, 08:51:52 PM
Hmmm that package tray still looks decent...and mine is all hacked up... :scratchchin:

You picked that out dino, I think that may be the only complete panel from the entire car without a Hole in it :-\

Pat1973charger

I put the roof structure and firewall from the satellite on my hoist to make it easier to work on. I removed the right hinge pillar  as it was rusted badly and the panel behind it needed patching. I orderd new hinge pillars this week.

Baldwinvette77

6spd68

I think many will be proud of you once this resto is done...   :o

I think I could lift your shell with one hand at this point.  Keep at it, and don't give up  :cheers:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Pat1973charger

Quote from: 6spd68 on July 31, 2015, 07:56:52 AM
I think many will be proud of you once this resto is done...   :o

I think I could lift your shell with one hand at this point.  Keep at it, and don't give up  :cheers:

Thanks! When I look at it sometimes it gets discouraging but I jut have too look at one piece at a time and not the big picture.

bigblockbryan

hey the rear end still hanging in there not fair lol

Pat1973charger

The original sure grip was in it and it actually had a hole rusted in the housing

rt green

in the housing? that's some serious rust.
third string oil changer

Pat1973charger

Yup, at the top of what would be the diff cover on one with a bolt on cover. The trunk floor was rotted and the water was dripping directly on that spot.

Pat1973charger

here are a few pics of mocking up the door posts I picked up.

I also ordered all of my parts from AMD to finish up the rear. Two new full quarters, tail panel, rear valance, valance corners, trunk extensions, and a roof skin.

Baldwinvette77

Pat1973charger

Hey Baldwin, any luck with boxes for those parts lol ;)

Baldwinvette77

Huh? oh. ohyeah.. sure i... yeah  :leaving:

Pat1973charger

It's not like I am in dire need of them yet lol

Pat1973charger

today was like christmas! :icon_smile_big:

anyone ever hear of this place?

Baldwinvette77

68pplcharger

Wow... I have to say that will be a sweet car when it's done. My car was destroyed from rust when I got it, but yours beats mine. At least you didn't have to pay for yours and that more than pays for the AMD parts. Coming along very well so far.  :2thumbs:

Pat1973charger

Stevearino

Lookin' good my friend. Another one about to be brought back from the brink of non existence but shear determination. Keep up the stellar effort. :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

I don't see pics, just red X's? LEON.

Baldwinvette77

Nice, even opted for an invisible passenger quarterpanel  :popcrn: james bond would be envious  :coolgleamA:

Pat1973charger

Thanks guys, Leon, I tried it on my computer and my phone and the pics work both places.  :shruggy: