News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

67 Charger Restomod Complete - Model Shot and Video Link Added 4-2

Started by chargerperson, March 31, 2015, 10:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerperson

After 12 months the restoration of my 67 Charger is complete.  Car went in with 78 400 in need of repair.  Decided to go with restomod for HP and handling.  Car has 6.4L, 6 speed, RMS suspension, Wilwood brakes, vintage air but otherwise tried to retain the original look where possible.  Generally restored original parts along with a few NOS parts (most notably the taillights).  Big exception were the tires which had to be at least 17" due to the brakes.  Restored gauge cluster by instrument specialties.  Went with original 4 speed shifter purchased from a member here.

Car is at NY auto show 4/3-4/12 along with a partially complete 69 Charger with same setup (engine, trans, suspension, brakes) for the most part except for custom interior, shaved door handles, paint TBD.

chargerperson

another WIP photo

chargerperson

headers

chargerperson

Bottom

chargerperson

chargerperson

Transmission

chargerperson

engine with only one cover...two of the same side were sent originally.  Now corrected

chargerperson

NOS taillight and WIP vintage air

chargerperson

Interior photo - old console (automatic console) fits with the 6 speed.  Top plate for the console was changed

Car didn't come with a clock but one was added - Tony's Parts has a bunch of 67 Charger NOS clocks

chargerperson

Car finished!  Some photos from the restoration shop's photoshoot.  Brochures for New York Auto Show

chargerperson

gauges and shifter

skip68

:cheers:  
Simply stunning.  Tastefully done.   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

chargerperson

2 more photoshoot photos.
On the way to NY auto show
Set up for show.  I didn't know until now, but there are 2 media days before the show opens to the public on Friday. So the setup is complete today.

chargerperson

JB400

Your car turned out real nice.  Enjoy :2thumbs:

stripedelete

Yes, very tastefull.  I like it!
:2thumbs:

Road Dog

If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

Ghoste

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

FJ6N96

WOW!   :coolgleamA:

Gotta love that Instrument Cluster! 

bill440rt

Looks like one REAL nice car!  :drool5:

Great event to have it showcased as well.  Congrats! :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

wingcar

All I can say is WOW............................... :2thumbs:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

keepat

The car looks awesome! and the color highlights all the body lines! Best Charger dash made IMO!
Thanks and good luck at the NY show!
Pat 

Homerr

Nicely done.  Thank you for not bastardizing one of the best interiors ever put in a car.

chargerperson

Gentlemen
Thank you for your kind remarks