News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Boat" Tona - Time for a new caretaker

Started by maxwellwedge, November 12, 2015, 11:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwellwedge

Hi All. I really need to cut some cars loose. I am at the point where I have way too many and they are starting to control me.....and that's just not fun anymore.
Regrettably - One of the cars that needs to find a new home is Boat-Tona.....the car Doug and his family had forever.
I have done a lot of work to the car mechanically.....it runs and drives perfectly.

Hey AB (aka) Troy........sorry - no trades!!  :lol:

Here is a link to it.............   http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/634169/1969-dodge-daytona-charger-4-s#Post634169

moparstuart

Dad you promised  one to me   :icon_smile_big:   send it here    :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

No problem Little Stew......I'll be happy to take care of the freight! 

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 12, 2015, 11:55:01 AM
No problem Little Stew......I'll be happy to take care of the freight! 
great just take the rest out of my inheritance  :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Beep Beep Dave

Wow cutting some cars loose, that would be an incredible tough decision in your case and that is a really neat one to start with.

Good luck...if anything say F6 becomes available let me know ;)

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Hemi Runner

5,000.00 contact Stefano for more info and details. I'll take it!  :yesnod: :rofl:

500Jon

The hardest part is setting the PRICE...
Second hardest is finding a good HOME...
Third hardest is putting a Honda in the parking space where the Tona used to be... :brickwall:
5J
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

odcics2

Quote from: 500Jon on November 13, 2015, 04:10:19 AM
The hardest part is setting the PRICE...
Second hardest is finding a good HOME...
Third hardest is putting a Honda in the parking space where the Tona used to be... :brickwall:
5J

Who could be such an idiot to drive a foreign car???    :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Mytur Binsdirti

You wouldn't happen to have a 68 Charger R/T with factory  air that you need to get rid of, do you?   :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 12, 2015, 11:38:40 AM

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at things, the trade-thing to give up my current Daytona, now that I have the Hemi in it, has set sail.......... If the 426 wasn't in it, I would seriously think of selling it to get Da-Boat.........  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 13, 2015, 06:41:34 AM
You wouldn't happen to have a 68 Charger R/T with factory  air that you need to get rid of, do you?   :2thumbs:

No.....I don't have one - did you own one once and wish you still had it?

nascarxx29

Sometimes a big collection is all maintence gas stabilizer battery tenders a locked in regiment to keep them in tune  :Twocents:
.Ive also noticed Bob Malcolm was selling a Daytona Brett Torino selling off rare cars out of his collection aswell
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 13, 2015, 07:42:53 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 12, 2015, 11:38:40 AM

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at things, the trade-thing to give up my current Daytona, now that I have the Hemi in it, has set sail.......... If the 426 wasn't in it, I would seriously think of selling it to get Da-Boat.........  :2thumbs:

Everyone - Mark this day in your calendars!!    :lol:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 13, 2015, 11:49:49 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 13, 2015, 06:41:34 AM

No.....I don't have one - did you own one once and wish you still had it?

No, I just want one.    :icon_smile_big:

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

nascarxx29

Came across a 68 rt charger ac and more option when in tx.And where it ended up.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,9629.0.html
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Mytur Binsdirti

Ho dare you tease me with a nearly 10 year old thread!   :yesnod:

500Jon

As much as I want a Daytona, there has to be a reality check for most Folks.

I have three, yes Three French cars here in the UK...(50 mpg not 5 mpg...)
I worked for a French car maker and I also worked at Warwick Wright Chiswick (was Rootes, now Peugeot)!
In case you don't know, they imported the 'Euro famous', RHD Barracuda's in the late 60's!!!

Viva la France and all her current problems... :pity: :pity: :pity:

Stop teasing Maxwell and give us a PRICE!!! :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

held1823

there is a price on the linked ad for the car.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Beep Beep Dave

'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Ghoste

I need to stop in and see the collection before it's reduced lol.  (and I just spent the last couple or so weeks in the GTA so shame on me because you know exactly how many times I made the effort to call)

500Jon

Thanx BeepBeep!

As the prices grow and grow, the chances of 'normal' Folks owning a Real WING-CAR become less and less. :rotz:
I now realize thats the case for me and many others, we had our chance to get one, but not any more.
Once we come to terms with that fact, we can move on... :slap:

Good luck with the sale and I hope she finds a good home.
5J

moparchris

I know it must be hard to come to grips with the concept of thinning the herd.  I hope you are successful and are in a good place.
I have a feeling that we are going to be seeing more and more long-term owners starting to part ways with their cars.  The next five years could be a really good time to be a younger buyer putting together some funds.

Ghoste

For the future of the hobby and the preservation of the history, I think that would be a not so bad thing at all Chris.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on November 15, 2015, 01:37:34 AM
I need to stop in and see the collection before it's reduced lol.  (and I just spent the last couple or so weeks in the GTA so shame on me because you know exactly how many times I made the effort to call)

Yes you do...  :yesnod:

There will be "Boat" and 2 other cars at the MCACN show this coming weekend. "Boat" and another officially for sale....and one going through Vintage Certification.....it is not "officially" for sale