News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rat muscle "daisy" build

Started by cbrestorations, January 25, 2016, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

Quote from: cbrestorations on October 09, 2016, 10:26:43 PM
ha...lennard, thats 1 person who likes my charg-ero spoiler lol  :nana:

I like it, the way you made it looks great, all the molded ones seen look like crap.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JR

Quote from: cbrestorations on October 11, 2016, 01:55:54 PM
Quote from: JR on October 11, 2016, 06:17:38 AM
This is so awesome cb.

Apologies if I missed it earlier in the thread, but what engine/trans are you putting in this?

I think I'd actually prefer a lightweight small block for better weight distribution if it were mine.

For now big block, I have an aluminum ls2 I'm going to use soon

That'll be awesome. Less than 500lbs on the nose. You'll probably have room to set it back some too I'm guessing.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

cbrestorations

bought a fuel cell for it and just modified it to how i want the dimensions. it was a 20x10x18 now it is a 20x6x26. i also added baffles in for fuel slosh. gotta make the fuel cell cage so it can bolt on to the chassis.

cbrestorations

these are the wheels im thinking of for daisy...17x9.5 front and 17x11 rear minilites. they are really expensive but wheels can make or break a car. i want the vintage style roadrace look and i think these will set it off.

Troy

I love Minilites! But often wonder if they'd look right on a car as big as a Charger.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

JR

Quote from: Troy on October 14, 2016, 10:50:29 AM
I love Minilites! But often wonder if they'd look right on a car as big as a Charger.

Troy

Well, if Dajibans can pull them off.... :icon_smile_big:

Troy

Quote from: JR on October 14, 2016, 11:12:32 AM
Quote from: Troy on October 14, 2016, 10:50:29 AM

Troy

Well, if Dajibans can pull them off.... :icon_smile_big:

It may have them but I don't think it looks good...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

cbrestorations

started making my fuel cell cage but i ran out of aluminum. the fuel cell and its cage is still lighter than a stock gas tank and sits 1" higher.

cbrestorations

just ordered my wheels and tires, was soooo hard to press the final button to order as it was $3,000. oh well...wheels will make or break a car so just got it over with. 17x11's in the rear and 17x9.5's up front. 5" backspace on both

WHITE AND RED 69

Excellent choice on wheels!  :2thumbs:  I've been wanting to get a set of those for a while but can't justify getting rid of my current ones.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

cbrestorations

the lowest point of the fuel cell is the same height of the stock tank

RCCDrew

I really like the tank setup!  :2thumbs:

alfaitalia

Lovin' the Minilites....a very nice touch of British class !
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Lennard

Quote from: alfaitalia on October 20, 2016, 11:46:54 AM
Lovin' the Minilites....a very nice touch of British class !
What!? British class on American muscle?  You need different wheels Chris!!  ;D

alfaitalia

Don't forget the 440 big block was the lump powering the very British Jenson Intercepter FF ..the four wheel drive version....from the seventies. So nothing wrong with a bit of a US/British hybridization now and again!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

JR

I LOVE them! The stance is killer!

VegasCharger

JR

Quote from: VegasCharger on October 20, 2016, 10:01:34 PM
Stance??? On jack stands???

I'm assuming weight is on the suspension, and that's pretty close to how it will sit.

VegasCharger

Quote from: JR on October 21, 2016, 12:07:16 AM
I'm assuming weight is on the suspension, and that's pretty close to how it will sit.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Charger_Fan

Dang, those do look good! :drool5:  So does the rest of the car too, keep at it! :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RCCDrew

I'm interested to see the brand and type of tire going on those wheels.

cbrestorations