News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how do i put a pic under my profile

Started by mikepmcs, April 16, 2006, 08:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

I see that alot of ya'll have a pic under your call sign.  how do i do that or lead me to the thread that tells me how to do that.  I tried to update my profile last night and added a pic from my desktop but it didn't work.
thanks
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Telvis

You mean an avatar under your name right? Click the profile tab above. Go to the forum profile section. You can direct it to a URL or upload an image. You might need to experiment a bit. It's easy to figure out. Good luck.

mikepmcs

ok i see the word avatar alot, what the heck does that mean??
and i'm an electronics tech in the navy, DOH!!
i'll try again, thanks
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

let me try this. testing 1..2..

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

mikepmcs

ok, could use the stock pics that are offered on the site but can't upload my own "avatar"
mine is only 74kb so shouldn't be a problem but i'll keep trying. ??? ???

Troy

It's too big in dimensional size - not file size. Usually people get it wrong the other way. If you want to use that picture that you just uploaded you need to shrink it to less than 200 pixels wide (it's currently 640 pixels wide and 480 pixels tall).

More info on the subject:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,27.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,46.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,8517.0.html

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

71superbee

71superbee

mikepmcs

email the pic to me and I'll try to hook you up

RMDracing@adelphia.net

v/r
Mike

71superbee

THANKS MIKE   I HAVE EMAILED YOU

RICK

mikepmcs

Rick
You live right up the road.  I'm in readfield.
hope that's what you wanted.   let me know if you need anything else.
if you want it a little bigger, i'll give it a shot so you can read both your names.
v/r
Mike

71superbee

THANKS MIKE !!!!!!

THAT'S WHAT I WAS TRYING TO DO !!!   I APPRECIATE THE HELP !!!     DID I SEE YOUR CAR TODAY AT VIP SHOW SHINE AND DRAG ?   THERE WERE 2 GL'S BESIDE EACH OTHER AT THE CAR SHOW TODAY AND THEY LOOKED GREAT.   ALSO WERE YOU AT OUR FIRST ANNUAL ALL MOPAR CAR SHOW THAT WE HELD AT BLOUIN MOTORS LAST SEPTEMBER ?     UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE NOT HAVING A CAR SHOW THIS YEAR .
WELL, I AM THE PARTS MANAGER AT BLOUINS AND IF I CAN HELP YOU OUT,DON'T HESITATE TO GIVE ME A CALL.   THANKS AGAIN !!

RICK

mikepmcs

Rick
NO SHOW! Dang.  Anyways, yes, that was me and Jimshine(also on this board). It was a good contrast, because Jim's is more correct for the TV show and mine is more correct(getting there anyways) for the 2005 movie version.  You saw Jim's last year at the All Mopar show. 
I'll pop in and say hi someday and bring up my car so you can check it out if you like.
Too bad no show, I was really looking forward to it.  Jim gave me a video of last years.
have a good one.
v/r
Mike

JimShine

Oh man, no show? I was really looking forward to it. I hope you guys do it next year.

Here is a hosted version of Mainlely Motorsports video of last years show. Seeing it again makes me kind of sad for John. But I hope he is okay in time for the next Augusta show.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/augusta/0/8F167EC6-E60E-4953-AC28-FD2B661B2F83.htm

More pics of our cars from the Show Shine and Drag. I didn't get many as the cars were mobbed most of the time.

SeattleCharger

Here is a great photo working free program that I downloaded maybe two years ago, it works great and there were no catches or spamming or bugs, etc., from the free download.  Its Serif Photoplus 6.0.  They give away this version hoping you will buy newer versions in the future, have gotten one email once every two or three months at most.   You can do many of the things photoshop can do, and has huge file storage of your modified pics.  Has a directions index and table of contents, seems a little complicated at first to figure out manual/directions, but once you start figuring out the first things, it is easier to figure out other things, very well worth the time spent.  Main benefit is optimizing photos, which is changing the file size without changeing the width and height of photo, especially if you download digital pictures a lot, they go right into this program if you want, and you can resize them, resize the megabytes of them to under 200K, then export them to your misc. email files or whatever.   You can crop, flip horizontally,vertically, rotate any degree, combine pictures, layer pictures, touch up paint pictures, do photochops, change lighting and contrast to high degrees, do animation, etc., have any questions just ask.  I am not associated with this software at all, just sharing my good luck finding this:

http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/default.asp

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.