News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MAX AVATAR SIZE...

Started by TruckDriver, July 18, 2005, 05:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I have found out if you want your avatar to fit on the left so it is easier to see, down size it to 98 X 98 pixels if it is a perfect square picture. Other numbers that are smaller the 98 X 98 pixels work too. So if the pic is like 98 X 72 pixels, it will still look good. I did see a few other a bit bigger then that, but 98 X 98 seems to be a safe bet. I can down size them for you guys if you dont know how. ;D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70sixpkrt

How do you post an Avatar?  Also, how do you show a picture at the end of a post or reply? Mine just shows up as words.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

TruckDriver

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on July 18, 2005, 06:09:12 PM
How do you post an Avatar?   Also, how do you show a picture at the end of a post or reply? Mine just shows up as words.

Go thru your profile settings. It will say where to put the link for your avatar. If yours is not off another web site, post the picture here in one of your posts, the right click on the picture, select properties, then copy the URL that it shows. Then go back to your profile settings, and put that URL address where it asks for the avatar link in your profile settings.   As for the second half of your question, there is a box where it says you can put your "signature". If you have a picture off another web site, put the address for the picture in that box in between... > img]http://picture web address here.com[/img
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

yellowcuda

Going for Avtars

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

Recharger

For what its worth, it looks like you can go up to 140 pixels wide x 230 tall... somewhere beyond that the little scrollbars start showing up.   

To add an avatar, click your screen name over there to the left, then click "forum profile information" under the modify profile box.   The first line says "I have my own pic."   Make sure that is selected, then cut & paste your URL in the box to the right.   There are several sites availabe to host avatar pics for free, I use www.tinypic.com...pretty simple to use.   As for the sig line, I think if you change the [image] tags in your sig line to [img] that might do the trick for you.

TruckDriver

Here ya go. See how these look. I redid Bulls too ;D I wish we could use  the bigger pics though.
PETE

70sixpkrt

I think I got my sig. How do I resize it to be smaller?   How do I resize my Avatar? I used www.tinypic.com

yellowcuda

Thank you dodgechargerguy!  You are the sweetest and bestest and coolest. :P

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

TruckDriver

Quote from: yellowcuda on July 18, 2005, 06:58:32 PM
Thank you dodgechargerguy!   You are the sweetest and bestest and coolest. :P

Awwwww shucks......

here's 70sixpkrt's
PETE

ChargerBill

I believe the old size was 125 X 125. Personally I hope that we don't start seeing 250 X 250 avatars again...that get's kind of old. I also think there should be a max height and width for signature pics. maybe 200 max height and 600 max width?
Life is a highway...

yellowcuda

I can't figure out how to get a pic in the signature part...anyone help a girl out here?

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

TruckDriver

Quote from: yellowcuda on July 18, 2005, 07:30:10 PM
I can't figure out how to get a pic in the signature part...anyone help a girl out here?

Gotta put the in the box for the sig pictures and a web addy other wise post the pic here on one of you posts, then use that addy of the pic
PETE

TruckDriver

here strat...

PETE

Drache

I hated people having these huge avatar and sig pics. Sometimes when an avatar pic was too big you would have to scroll the whole page to the right just to continue reading a message.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

70sixpkrt

Thanks DodgeChargerGuy. Now how do I make my sig pic smaller?

TruckDriver

How small?

here's one for Paul..
PETE

70sixpkrt

A little (not much) bigger than yours.

TruckDriver

Like this...
PETE

Troy

The scrollbars are an effort to keep people from posting massive pics in their avatars - at least now the big ones don't break the pages. There is software I am trying to add that will automatically resize any pic that is too large but it's not up yet.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Big Lebowski

<--- I reduced this Big Lebowski pic to 25% then saved it as a jpg on my you got pictures feature.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

70sixpkrt

That is perfect. Thanks!!!!  :2thumbs:

Mefirst

test

TruckDriver

PETE

psykicpup

Dodgecharger guy can you do an avatar for me too & may be a sig pic if you have time
I'll post a couple of pics for you to chose from
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!