News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger garage barn find today amazing time capsule

Started by moparstuart, June 03, 2017, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

two of my car together for the first time   

moparstuart

JB400

Mytur Binsdirti

Cool trophy....much better than your standard type of trophy, but it appears that you're storing the cars at an abandoned building.   

jefferson

Man. What an absolute waste. Trailing the charger around instead of driving and enjoying it. Why even bother..

Had to be the one to say it.

moparstuart

Quote from: jefferson on September 26, 2019, 07:32:35 AM
Man. What an absolute waste. Trailing the charger around instead of driving and enjoying it. Why even bother..

Well i havent gotten the good tires on it  , so its still sitting on 40 year old snow tires .  Plus still need belts , hoses  , trans serviced  , rear end services  and a radiator recore most likely  .
  I was just super happy that after 30  plus another 2 years sitting that it started right up and drove up on the trailer .   :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on September 26, 2019, 03:55:38 AM
Cool trophy....much better than your standard type of trophy, but it appears that you're storing the cars at an abandoned building.   
thats the best storage   

ACUDANUT

Quote from: moparstuart on September 26, 2019, 09:05:29 AM
thats the best storage   

Until the homeless/thieves move in.

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 26, 2019, 11:58:07 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 26, 2019, 09:05:29 AM
thats the best storage  

Until the homeless/thieves move in.
OH ITS LOCKED UP   , CAMERA'S TOO 

Kern Dog

After having it 2 years, you haven't done anything to make it roadworthy or anything? Really? Are you going to be another one of those guys that tells people..."I'm going to restore it someday" and that day never comes?   :slap:

Also, not to insult it but.... your title..."Perfect car" ? It sure is nice but I have never seen a perfect car.

moparstuart

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 26, 2019, 08:17:59 PM

After having it 2 years, you haven't done anything to make it roadworthy or anything? Really? Are you going to be another one of those guys that tells people..."I'm going to restore it someday" and that day never comes?   :slap:

Also, not to insult it but.... your title..."Perfect car" ? It sure is nice but I have never seen a perfect car.
well thats your opinion   , i have a life and i have several cars  .  This car is not being abused by sitting outside rusting away like your im going to restore it someday comment  and it needs very little to be road worthy  . The one setting next to it has been sitting since 77 and is no worse for ware . It will have its day .  

chargervert

It is more "perfect "than most 51 year old Dodge Chargers that I have seen over the years!

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70B5Cuda

If it starts and runs and it needs "very little" to be roadworthy, just find some tires, hoses, and belts, and get the thing road worthy!!!! It would be so cool for you to drive it and so cool for others to see it on the road....instead of just on a trailer. It will maximize your enjoyment even if you don't drive it much
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

nvrbdn

I am assuming that as long as nothing is touched or changed, it is still as found minus some dust. So he enjoys showing it as a "as it was on the day it was uncovered barn find". What is so wrong with that? He has his cruising cars, his show cars that he drives. So he enjoys this one as it is. I assume there are still a bunch of people out there that like seeing it in this attire. So the only way others can see this beauty as it was found is to trailer it. Do you Stu. Nothing else matters!!!! :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: 70B5Cuda on September 29, 2019, 11:35:22 AM
If it starts and runs and it needs "very little" to be roadworthy, just find some tires, hoses, and belts, and get the thing road worthy!!!! It would be so cool for you to drive it and so cool for others to see it on the road....instead of just on a trailer. It will maximize your enjoyment even if you don't drive it much
i have tire , belts and hoses for it  we do drive it alittle  but its pristine enough i dont want to spoil that  , I have plenty of other cars to drive and abuse   

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 30, 2019, 05:04:49 PM
I am assuming that as long as nothing is touched or changed, it is still as found minus some dust. So he enjoys showing it as a "as it was on the day it was uncovered barn find". What is so wrong with that? He has his cruising cars, his show cars that he drives. So he enjoys this one as it is. I assume there are still a bunch of people out there that like seeing it in this attire. So the only way others can see this beauty as it was found is to trailer it. Do you Stu. Nothing else matters!!!! :cheers:
exactly   , it won a trophy  for being in its as found condition   ,  the park rangers loved it  .  we have it running and we have changed the brakes  ,  very lucky we didnt have to mess with the fuel system at all  .
Im not usually a huge original guy , but this thing is just so amazing it has me loving it . 

hemi-hampton

Congrats on the Trophy, That's a nice car. I like them Original like that.  :2thumbs: LEON.

moparstuart

Any paint marks factory marks gurus.  They were nasty cleaned up pretty nice.

jefferson

Have u driven it yet
Or is it still sitting in the same spot a year later ?

moparstuart

Quote from: jefferson on August 23, 2020, 10:30:55 PM
Have u driven it yet
driven it a little  , got my redlines installed and this weekend we did all belts hoses  , valve cover gaskets , sucked down the A/C system 
  Doing the tranny service and rear end service tomorrow  .  Then recharger the A/c System  and should make a few cruises  .  Taking it to the Charger reunion next month again.   

moparstuart

anyone got an Antenna Mast for a telescoping Antenna  ???

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on August 23, 2020, 10:43:11 PM
Quote from: jefferson on August 23, 2020, 10:30:55 PM
Have u driven it yet
driven it a little  , got my redlines installed and this weekend we did all belts hoses  , valve cover gaskets , sucked down the A/C system 
  Doing the tranny service and rear end service tomorrow  .  Then recharger the A/c System  and should make a few cruises  .  Taking it to the Charger reunion next month again.   

:2thumbs: