News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BMW uses a 69 Charger in new commercial.

Started by JR, August 31, 2017, 04:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

The marketing team for the new BMW i3S wanted to demonstrate the acceleration of their updated electric car. They ended up making a commercial with a 69 Charger and a stop light drag race to demonstrate. A pretty awesome burnout from the 69 is featured.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/08/30/video-bmw-i3s-drag-races-dodge-charger-prove-point/

And the commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOh-tlm24U

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Lennard

It's filmed in the Netherlands with a Dutch owned Charger.  :scratchchin:

70 sublime

Interesting

Of all the cars in the world they could have put up against the electric they chose a Charger because everyone every where knows what that car is  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

paironines

Plus to the world every 69 Charger is the General Lee.

F8-4life

Seemed like they were using the 69 charger as watching bait, and less to show an acceleration advantage.

Baldwinvette77

i honestly wonder if there is anyone at all who would watch this and prefer the Bmw to the charger.. like even one person  :eek2:

Mike DC

Quotei honestly wonder if there is anyone at all who would watch this and prefer the Bmw to the charger.. like even one person

Visit any city between San Fran and Seattle. 

cbrestorations

pretty much what I want to do to every douche in a BMW, Mercedes, Prius or any other douchie car out there. Rattle their windows, hurt their safe space ears, and fill their pansy lungs with burning rubber as I leave the light. I think 1000hp open dumped exhaust should do the trick

Lennard

Quote from: cbrestorations on August 31, 2017, 12:03:13 PM
pretty much what I want to do to every douche in a BMW, Mercedes, Prius or any other douchie car out there. Rattle their windows, hurt their safe space ears, and fill their pansy lungs with burning rubber as I leave the light. I think 1000hp open dumped exhaust should do the trick
:lol:

Mr. Lee

Quote from: Lennard on August 31, 2017, 07:36:04 AM
It's filmed in the Netherlands with a Dutch owned Charger.  :scratchchin:

It's Jeroen Pereboom's  Charger Lennard  ;)

Saw the car for real at the Zandvoort racetrack, it's a great car  :2thumbs:

Look here:  http://www.charger.nl/pereboom.htm

Lennard

:thumbs: You'd think that a German based car manufacturer would use one of the many second generation Chargers that are in Germany and film it there.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I see he added the '68 headlight bezels....nice touch :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

alfaitalia

Yes....spotted that and would like to do the same..just try finding a set in the UK. :brickwall:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Mikesmoparperformance

Awesome this show the 69 charger is the basass car in the world! It so cool to see it ad the stoplight it could easy has won from the BWM :smilielol:
You can see the Charger was not on full power.. :slap: Yes a Electric car has more power.. :scratchchin: but the Charger can be quicker the dragrace could be longer filmd. :popcrn: :cheers:

The BMW i3S comes with a couple of improvements over its 'regular' brother. The S has a 40mm wider track and sits 10mm lower. At the same time, the electric motor on board is different, sending out 184 HP and 270 Nm (200 lb-ft) of torque to the wider wheels the i3S comes with. The end result is a car that reaches 100 km/h (62 mph) in 6.9 seconds, 0.4 seconds faster than its brother. However, as the video points out, the most impressive acceleration bout happens up to 60 km/h (37 mph), a speed reached in just 3.7 seconds.

Therefore, while back in the day the Charger would seep fear into the hearts of those lining up against it, when it comes to electric cars, even an i3 doesn't shy away from challenging it. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 31, 2017, 04:01:02 PM
I see he added the '68 headlight bezels....nice touch :thumbs:

I have allways wondered why not anymore on 69s or later setups ( aside cost )! Even hard to notice, its still noticeable the naked area there with headlight doors open still in the dark and lights on!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: alfaitalia on August 31, 2017, 04:58:42 PM
Yes....spotted that and would like to do the same..just try finding a set in the UK. :brickwall:

Well I don't think you'll find that in UK, but just in case!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/361994571757
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mr. Lee

Quote from: alfaitalia on August 31, 2017, 04:58:42 PM

Just buy them new and ship them over:

www.classicindustries.com/shop/all-years/dodge/charger/parts/exterior-trim/grill-components/

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Lennard on August 31, 2017, 03:41:01 PM
:thumbs: You'd think that a German based car manufacturer would use one of the many second generation Chargers that are in Germany and film it there.

Really ? BMW's is a German based manufacturer ?  :scratchchin:

Lennard

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 04, 2017, 02:47:53 PM

Really ? BMW's is a German based manufacturer ? You're a f.i.    :smilielol:
I would love it if you'd call me a fucking idiot in my face, keyboard cowboy.

Edit: I see that you edited your initial reply.  Dumb ass.

BMW is based out of Munich, Germany.

XH29N0G

I just saw this.  The commercial is inspired.  :yesnod: :yesnod:  and funny  :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Thanks.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

BDF

Euro ads are way better than ours  :2thumbs:
The BMW museum in München is awesome!  :cheers:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Lennard on September 04, 2017, 02:56:46 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 04, 2017, 02:47:53 PM

Really ? BMW's is a German based manufacturer ? You're a f.i.    :smilielol:
I would love it if you'd call me a fucking idiot in my face, keyboard cowboy.

Edit: I see that you edited your initial reply.  Dumb ass.

BMW is based out of Munich, Germany.
[/q

OK ASSHOLE. I WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU TOO.

Lennard

Come to my neck of the woods and we'll make it happen, keyboard warrior. Although I see in your profile that you're 60 years old. I can't kick an old guys ass. Sorry

alfaitalia

You have us all wondering....we me anyway :icon_smile_big:...what was in his first reply (before he edited it)that bugged you so much!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Lennard

Quote from: alfaitalia on September 05, 2017, 10:07:25 AM
You have us all wondering....we me anyway :icon_smile_big:...what was in his first reply (before he edited it)that bugged you so much!!
I quoted him before he changed it so you can read it. He called me a fucking idiot for saying that BMW is a German based company. It's the truth, but even if I was wrong... why would I be a fucking idiot?