News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aligning quarter glass, got a question

Started by Dino, September 14, 2018, 10:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I was sitting in the car adjusting the quarter glass. When I closed the door the front edge of the glass did not run parallel to the stainless steel trim on the door glass. There was also no more than 1/4" overlap on the ss trim seal. So I adjusted the glass so now it runs parallel, but the overlap was still not good. I then loosened the 3 adjustable bolts on the regulator and slid the whole thing forward. I closed the quarter window and it's still parallel but now I have no overlap at all! Am I supposed to slide the mechanism toward the rear to make the glass go forward? Seems unlikely but I figured I'd ask before I screw it up even more.

These are power windows by the way.

Added a pic. Red circled bolts made the glass edge parallel wit the door glass. White circled bolts I moved forward to have the quarter glass move forward, but it went toward the rear.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BLK 68 R/T

Up stop preventing the glass from rolling up all the way? how does it fit against the roof rail weather stripping?

Dino

It's up pretty tight against the top seal. Maybe a bit too tight...

Up stops are all loose and I can wiggle them around with the window up.

timmycharger

Glad to see you are back at it Dirk!   I referenced this thread many times when I did mine, maybe it will help?

Good luck!

Mike

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,98556.0.html

BLK 68 R/T

Reply #9 in the link above....the time has come  :lol:

It can be quite tedious to get the windows to all seal together.

Dino

:lol:

This would be easier with an extra pair of hands so I'm gonna have a buddy come over and help.

BLK 68 R/T

When I did mine, I seem to remember there being an adjustable stop in the regulator itself?? or was that in the door regulator only?

green69rt

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on September 14, 2018, 04:34:24 PM
When I did mine, I seem to remember there being an adjustable stop in the regulator itself?? or was that in the door regulator only?

I think it's only in the door.  I tried to find one in the quarter and didn't see any.

For Dino, those three bolts you moved to the front to close the gap, they work with the nut I'm pointing to in the picture.  Move one and the other needs adjustment.  So, adjust one just a hair because mine were very sensitive.  Move one to make things better then go to the other and adjust it 1/16" to make it better.  Back and forth till you get old, then about one more year and you're done.  In the end I got my pass side perfect, still have got the driver side to be parallel but I'm sick of working on it.  It seals and that's going to have to be enough for now.

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: green69rt on September 14, 2018, 05:04:07 PM
Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on September 14, 2018, 04:34:24 PM

I think it's only in the door.  I tried to find one in the quarter and didn't see any.

Thanks! I couldn't remember which one or if both had them.

Dino

Thanks green! I tightened the one you're pointing at before I loosened the others. So that's where I went wrong huh? I guess I'll have to loosen all of them and try again.

green69rt

Quote from: Dino on September 14, 2018, 06:34:52 PM
Thanks green! I tightened the one you're pointing at before I loosened the others. So that's where I went wrong huh? I guess I'll have to loosen all of them and try again.

That's what I did.  Loosen and adjust one, then tighten it and adjust the other, rinse and repeat  :icon_smile_big:

Dino

Alright! Both sides are aligned. Glad that's over!

green69rt

Dino

Yep, luckily the driver's side was waaay easier. The passenger side took a few tries but eventually it popped into place. On to the next task!