News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What should i do

Started by Slypnslyd, December 09, 2018, 07:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on December 13, 2018, 03:35:40 PM
I dont think turbin wastrying to be an ass. The op asked for an opinion on what to do with the car and posted a... well we will call it less then stellar picture of the said project. 

Of course not. Only an ass would think I was being an ass.

John Milner

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on December 13, 2018, 03:46:42 PM
Quote from: John Milner on December 13, 2018, 12:05:08 PM
I would go for it if the frame rails are all solid and if the title will be easy enough to get.  These days finding an affordable 68-70 Charger is easier said than done.  If you can do all of the work yourself, you won't have a ridiculous amount of money invested in the car.  It starts to get very expensive when you hire the paint/body work done, the engine assembly, transmission/rear axle rebuilding, hire someone to assemble the car, things like that.  Replacing a quarter panel is really not that difficult of a task if you can use a welder.  The hardest part will be tracking down any parts that it might need. An original hood might be difficult and pricy to find.  Correct 69 style bucket seats will be difficult to find and pricy as well.  I bought a car similar to what you are looking at and it is almost on the road.  It is just a driver but I have nowhere near $50,000 in the restoration.  I don't even have $20,000 invested in the whole car.  I didn't hire a single thing other than machine work on my 440 done though.  I personally would rather have a car like you are looking at so there aren't any surprises.  You could go buy a shiny expensive Charger off of Ebay but you wouldn't know for sure what was hiding under the shiny paint or inside of the engine.  I also like working on them though.  If you don't like working on cars, a car like this wouldn't be for you. If you enjoy rebuilding them, I'd say go for it.   

Complete factory frame rails are available and cheaper then a single quarter panel. Budget should be the only deciding factor with a 69 charger. Starting from dead scrstch shell, it is not hard to be over 100 thousand to restore it "properly".

They may be cheaper but I would say that they are probably a little more difficult to install properly.  I would much rather start with a car that only needed a quarter panel installed as opposed to one that needed the frame rails replaced.  I'm just glad my improperly restored Charger didn't need them.

Slypnslyd

I am trying to figure out on how to post pics on this site ... i will show my work and progress
I have been on many forums and have never had members act this way , i understand that
There are a lot of Mopar purists that will dislike things that people do , but again another Charger being saved
Isn't this one of the reasons we are here to save and enjoy and teach the future generations to adore
What's being done to these vehicles be it %100 stock or %100 custom.
I can spend a $1 Or $1000000 to finish my car
Yes it needs work , yes in someone's eyes it's a rust bucket , but remember with time and patience anything can be done who knows maybe it can become one of SEMA's battle of the builders winners or a rust bucket sitting in a garage bottom line i thank all for the compliments and all for the insults ...

Talk to you guys as i progress or need assistance

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Slypnslyd on December 13, 2018, 06:59:52 PM
I am trying to figure out on how to post pics on this site ... i will show my work and progress
I have been on many forums and have never had members act this way , i understand that
There are a lot of Mopar purists that will dislike things that people do , but again another Charger being saved
Isn't this one of the reasons we are here to save and enjoy and teach the future generations to adore
What's being done to these vehicles be it %100 stock or %100 custom.
I can spend a $1 Or $1000000 to finish my car
Yes it needs work , yes in someone's eyes it's a rust bucket , but remember with time and patience anything can be done who knows maybe it can become one of SEMA's battle of the builders winners or a rust bucket sitting in a garage bottom line i thank all for the compliments and all for the insults ...

Talk to you guys as i progress or need assistance

Thats alot of zeros... lol. I love pictures and pissing purists off

hemi-hampton

Go for it & have fun doing it. LEON.

70 sublime

Some hints on the pictures but the size is now up to 400 instead of 200

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,80380.0.html

Just make sure you have a unique name on each picture and if you tried to post it and it did not work you will have to change the name and try again
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

JB400

It's easy to take things on the web the wrong way.

Slypnslyd

Here i my last project

Slypnslyd

Few more

Slypnslyd

Here are some more

Kern Dog

Hey! You got it figured out...Good for you. SCORE !  :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

Nice! How do you get them to hang upside down.   :icon_smile_big:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Slypnslyd

70 sublime

Quote from: Slypnslyd on December 14, 2018, 10:52:28 AM
Hang what upside down?
A couple pictures you posted are upside down
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Slypnslyd

70 sublime they look right to me

Nacho-RT74

I see those also upside down, at least from my PC
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Slypnslyd

Sorry guys but on my phone there the right way

Nacho-RT74

weird stuff coming from phones
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Slypnslyd on December 14, 2018, 11:55:41 AM
70 sublime they look right to me

Nice looking car, some phones flip pictures when posting, no big deal.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi-hampton

The pics are kinda small. LEON.

DanielRobert

I don't post much. Kinda just like to read and learn stuff. I find these forums turn into the same 4 or 5 people trying to humor themselves. You wanted a car, you sound like you know how much these things cost and you decided it's worth it to you to do it yourself. I doubt if the same jokers who always have an opinion on this site restored their cars themselves for some small change. Yes, it can be expensive, but we know that. If no one bought and restored these things, the jokers wouldn't have cars. Good luck to you and enjoy the ride.
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: DanielRobert on December 30, 2018, 09:31:11 PM
I don't post much. Kinda just like to read and learn stuff. I find these forums turn into the same 4 or 5 people trying to humor themselves. You wanted a car, you sound like you know how much these things cost and you decided it's worth it to you to do it yourself. I doubt if the same jokers who always have an opinion on this site restored their cars themselves for some small change. Yes, it can be expensive, but we know that. If no one bought and restored these things, the jokers wouldn't have cars. Good luck to you and enjoy the ride.

Yes, i do my own work. Does that still make my humor and opinion invalid to you still?

DanielRobert

Not really speaking to you(that I know of). If your doin your own thing, great. And if someone else wants to do their own thing, thats great too. The whole "what should I do" thing is a matter of the knowledge of how much it'll cost( positive and negative). Opinions are great....when offered to help out someone instead of ripping on them. Again, not speaking to you (that I know of)
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am

Slypnslyd

Not to trash anyone buying them or building them we should just be glad another one is being saved no matter what there will alway be trash talk and praise either way I'm not offended by people's remarks , opinions , likes and dislikes I'm here to enjoy building and sooner or later driving what we all enjoy our 2nd generation Chargers Or whatever is in your garage .

DanielRobert

1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am