News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger Registry Question

Started by Armycopter, September 22, 2020, 06:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armycopter

Hello, I am new to the world of Chargers and I was wondering if there is an active registry for the 1969 model? I did find one online (website) but it seems to be really old and not finished. I couldn't find any way to look up cars. My goal is to find out some more history on the car I now have. It came with the original dealer bill of sale from 1969 but nothing in-between. Curious who else owned it or may have registered it in a registry. Thank you, Mark
1969 Charger

Just 6T9 CHGR

Shawn (aka Ghost) is running the Registry now which I started back in 2005.

PM him here on the site for more info....click the link for his info

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=71 
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Armycopter

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 23, 2020, 04:48:15 AM

Thank you!!
1969 Charger

66FBCharger

Will this site ever return for everyone to be able to look at all the stats and data that was accumulated? It seems like it has been off line for a long time.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Challenger340

Ghoste inbox is full.... seems that ass clown absconded with the '69 registry ?

What's his full name besides 'shawn' ? (aka ass hat)

I mean after ALL the overtures... offers to help and assist with the 69 Registry to get it back up and running..... by SO MANY PEOPLE over literally YEARS ?  it's just mind boggling.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Armycopter

Quote from: Challenger340 on August 22, 2021, 08:30:43 AM
Ghoste inbox is full.... seems that ass clown absconded with the '69 registry ?

What's his full name besides 'shawn' ? (aka ass hat)

I mean after ALL the overtures... offers to help and assist with the 69 Registry to get it back up and running..... by SO MANY PEOPLE over literally YEARS ?  it's just mind boggling.

Yup, I agree. It sure would nice if we had access to this data.
1969 Charger

66FBCharger

Quote from: Homerr on August 24, 2021, 04:10:33 AM
Don't tempt me.
Homerr it would be great if you could take the '69 registry back or start a new one. If no one has access to the data, it doesn't help anyone.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto

Homerr

I'm working on another one now, to be released in a month or two.

Maybe after that I can work on a 69 registry.

426HemiChick

Looks like this is DOA.
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

66FBCharger

Quote from: Armycopter on September 23, 2020, 07:15:35 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 23, 2020, 04:48:15 AM

Thank you!!

Just 6T9CHGR,
Do you have copies of all the info you had when you ran the registry. It would be great if someone could bring this important resource back for all to see!

Challenger340

I'll just put this out there....
If someone(not Ghoste) wants to pick up re-starting the '69 Registry, I would be willing to donate financially to help with costs/time involved.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

69F8C500

I'd be willing to bring it back, I'm just not sure on how to go about it. Do I make a website? I'm familiar with spreadsheets, that's the way I would do it.

Dano 1

I'll throw my hat into the ring as also willing to help with the registry if/when we can make it happen.
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Homerr

I'm willing to make something like the '68 Registry I created for '69s, and it'd be the same open concept. 

As far as I know the 69 Registry that Ghoste maintains has owner info, etc. that I know a lot of owners don't want out in the open on the internet.  Even a VIN number being posted is a touchy subject to some.  But I don't want to go against an owner's wishes anyway.  It would be great to receive a file of the existing 69 Registry where owner info was omitted (and VINs that owners want omitted) that I could put into a 69 open registry I put together.

As far as creating an 'open' registry, I just want to document the cars.  I wouldn't be much better than Ghoste at communication with past owners looking for their old car.