News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bear Mace?

Started by ChargerRT440, August 15, 2005, 04:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRT440

Anybody know where I could get some. It's getting really bad(crime) in my city and I need something to protect myself. Anybody wanna ballpark a price for me and maybe some suggestions where I should look.

Drache

first off if mace/pepper spray is legal in your location then I would suggest getting that. A can of bear spray is usually larger than a car of pop. If pepperspray is illegal in your location then don't think it's ok to carry bear spray. If you get caught with it you can be in serious trouble and if you use it against a criminal he can sue you for assualt because of it.

During my time working security and volunteer police I've got one of those metal extending batons that most police forces use and then I've got the handcuffs to boot.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Forgot to mention that pepper spray would most likely be the cheaper of the two. If you live anywhere in Canada though Pepper spray is ILLEGAL and thus if you are caught carrying bear spray you'll be fined for carrying a weapon.

The best place to find it though is outdoor stores that sell hiking,fishing and camping equipment. The stuff I buy is usually about $50 Canadian.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

LahTera

Bear spray -- wow!  I'll be you could get it somewhere up here in Alaska, but I'm not even sure where!  I just make loud noises if I come across a bear -- or shoot it, if necessary.

Just recently, a guy was arrested for wrongfully shooting and killing a bear.   ::)

LahTera

Charger4404spd

Quote from: Drache on August 15, 2005, 04:28:22 PM
first off if mace/pepper spray is legal in your location then I would suggest getting that. A can of bear spray is usually larger than a car of pop. If pepperspray is illegal in your location then don't think it's ok to carry bear spray. If you get caught with it you can be in serious trouble and if you use it against a criminal he can sue you for assualt because of it.

During my time working security and volunteer police I've got one of those metal extending batons that most police forces use and then I've got the handcuffs to boot.

Forget the pepperspray and get a .44 Mag. If your aim if good enough, he wont be sueing you! :icon_smile_big:

LahTera

Yeah, blast from the past all right.  LOL!  Captain and I are hanging in there, despite life!  Hee hee!  How are you, Blue?  It's so good to see you all again!

And ChargerRT440, how right you are!  Personally, I'd like to have a nice 8" barrel .44.  Shot one of my friends' once and it was awesome. 

LahTera

TheGhost

Quote from: LahTera on August 15, 2005, 07:48:02 PMShot one of my friends' once and it was awesome.

:o  With friends like this.....  :lol:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

LahTera

ROFLMAO!!  I was wondering how long it would be before I stuck my foot in my mouth -- or in this case, a gun in a friend's.  LOL!

Best be NICE to me!  Hee hee hee! 

LahTera

IBsmokin

Bear Mace jesus!!! :lol: how big and how many thugsters are you planning on spraying with that, have you seen bear mace before, its the size of a small fire extinguisher!!!  Ask Drache to find you a can, he is in grizzley bear country, get him to snail mail it to you since you can't send anything airmail in airrisol (sp?) cans.  Out in Western Canada you can buy bear mace everywhere.  anyways its about 15 bucks, snail mail will be about 10 bucks, so 25 bucks should do the trick.

IBsmokin

Drache i just read your post. $50 bucks, I bought it in vancouver for 15 bucks 3 years ago.  I am gonna go to canadian tire and see if they have it and how much it is.
I know a place in Boston where you can buy mustard gas in spray, man that shit will bring down a whole slew of hoodlums!!  now that is some deadly illegal stuff!!!

Drache

IBSmokin, the stuff I was talking about is sort of like a mini tear gas launcher and launches a canister of bear spray up to about 50 feet and then goes boom!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

IBsmokin

holy crap!!   ROTFLMAO!!!!     now that will keep the thugsters at bay!!   There you go ChargerRt440, never know when them little ganster will come at you like at ants at a picnic, knock them all off at once with one of Drache's Bear Mace cans,   Thats how drache scores the best prime salmon fishing spots, he goes out along the river until he see's 50 bears at the same spot snacthing slamon out and he knows its good fishing there, and one blast and the spot is his for the next 4 hours!!! LOL

LahTera

Oh, geez, I have a perfect video of a guy taking a bear's salmon.  Wish I could post it here!!!

LahTera

472 R/T SE

Quote from: LahTera on August 15, 2005, 10:12:21 PM
Oh, geez, I have a perfect video of a guy taking a bear's salmon.  Wish I could post it here!!!

LahTera

Is that the old commercial for selling salmon?

ChargerRT440

yeah I found out where at this outdoor outfitters place in town. it's like the size of like a little 2 inch tall by like 1/2" thing for 9.99 cheap enough protection

NYCMille

I could probably use some of that stuff... I saw a New York City rat this morning on way out of the subway that would rip your leg clean off... man it was big bastard. :o

Drache

Quote from: AllBlueRT on August 16, 2005, 12:36:20 AM
Quote from: LahTera on August 15, 2005, 10:12:21 PM
Oh, geez, I have a perfect video of a guy taking a bear's salmon.   Wish I could post it here!!!

LahTera

Is that the old commercial for selling salmon?

I think she means the John West Salmon commercial where the guy kicks the bear in the nuts and takes the fish.

ChargerRT440,
You still haven't answered my question though about where you are located. The last thing we need is our number of members to go down due to being arrested for carrying a restricted weapon... aww hell what do I care I don't work for security and I still carry my baton hooked to me belt.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

my73charger

Wow glad I live somewhere where I don't have to worry about carrying Bear Mace...yikes.  You could just get a set of brass knuckles...

Drache

Quote from: my73charger on August 16, 2005, 09:55:52 AM
Wow glad I live somewhere where I don't have to worry about carrying Bear Mace...yikes.   You could just get a set of brass knuckles...

Once again a restricted weapon. I had to sell my set when I became a security guard cause I was afraid of getting caught with them and losing my security license. Besides when I got to run around with a police issue steel telescopic baton like Wakko's I was happy!

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

my73charger

Quote from: Drache on August 16, 2005, 10:03:48 AM
Quote from: my73charger on August 16, 2005, 09:55:52 AM
Wow glad I live somewhere where I don't have to worry about carrying Bear Mace...yikes.  You could just get a set of brass knuckles...

Once again a restricted weapon. I had to sell my set when I became a security guard cause I was afraid of getting caught with them and losing my security license. Besides when I got to run around with a police issue steel telescopic baton like Wakko's I was happy!

Good to know..funny how people can't do much to be proactive about protecting themselves against thugs.  The system is very reactive instead of proactive.

Drache

Another restricted weapon is "swtich blades" or spring loaded knives. The only people who can use these are police and military, not even my security license allowed me to order one.  :'( OOHHHH WAKKO?! Can you buy me a present? :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Wakko

Sure can, I have half dozen in my closet.  In Florida, automatic knives are perfectly legal, as of June '04.   Expandable batons, aka Asps, are considered weapons and you need to be careful with them, you don't want to carry it concealed.

The pepper spray is the best idea, but check your state laws for the quantity you're allowed to carry.  Down here, only law enforcement is allowed to carry the larger quantities.  Make sure you get pepper/tear gas combination with a decent SHU number (million plus).  If your state allowed you to carry it, I can get some from the police supply store and mail it to ya.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

ChargerRT440

Quote from: Drache on August 16, 2005, 09:49:56 AM
I think she means the John West Salmon commercial where the guy kicks the bear in the nuts and takes the fish.

ChargerRT440,
You still haven't answered my question though about where you are located. The last thing we need is our number of members to go down due to being arrested for carrying a restricted weapon... aww hell what do I care I don't work for security and I still carry my baton hooked to me belt.
I live in Saskatoon Saskatchewan. I know it's illegal and you have to sign a waiver. But I'd rather get in trouble for spraying an attacker with mace then getting stabbed or beaten to death.

IBsmokin

ChargerRT, you live in canada? all this time I thought you was an american, man buddy you live in grizzley bear country to bro.
man dont worry about carrying bear mace around, its not like you would get any jail time for that.
probally wouldnt even get charged, at the most they will just probally take it away from you.

Lowprofile

Bear Mace???? That stuff sucks! It used to take 2 cans to put my Mother in Law down!!  Boy , She was a mean old Beeeotch! :D :D :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL