News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The PET thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, July 20, 2005, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

OMG, they are too gorgeous.
Mrs. Fred

p/s dog's got to do what a dog's got to do.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Brads70

Mauve66 twister and Vader sure are cute!  :2thumbs:

Here is a couple more pictures of the litter , We almost chose the brown one .. he is very cute also. Total of 7 in the litter.

mauve66

after the digging in the other pic i put up a fence, you would think that would of been enough but no, can get in but can't get out..........
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Brads70

LOL, looks tough to get too mad at them!

mpdlawdog

may have lost the charger but gained a new "future" partner....his name is Bear...now 6 month old sheppard...his dad is a k9 officer and his mom works for a private security company...he should be a good one!  Bears named after a good friend of mine, Bobby Summers dog.  Bobby (worked for a local sheriffs department) passed away a few years ago...his Bear also passed away two years ago....thought it was a fitting name....
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

skip68

Glad to see you stuck around Ldawg.    :2thumbs:  nice looking dogs. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

twodko

Indeed what Skip said. :2thumbs: I've always had an affinity for German shepards. Decades ago when I was about 1 or so our family Shepard pulled me out of a creek near our home. His name was Duke and was an ex-police dog.

What does the Mighty Khan this about little Bear?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

69rtse4spd

mauve66

he's gotta grow into those ears...........
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Fred

Quote from: mauve66 on November 29, 2012, 04:46:57 PM
he's gotta grow into those ears...........

If you bend them forward a bit, they can be used as a sun visor.  :lol:

Sweet dog.  Gorgeous, very alert pup.  :2thumbs:

69Charger_440

Look what my dog caught!!

Actually, it was already dead and by the looks of it, the coyotes or something have started gnawing on it.  

Lennard

Bobs69

Do predators always start eating at the hind end of their prey?

lisiecki1

Quote from: Bobs69 on December 28, 2012, 05:58:09 PM
Do predators always start eating at the hind end of their prey?

They generally use the quickest/easiest access points to the inside.

Buzzards do the same. 
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Ponch ®

Ok, question for you animal savvy folks...

One of my cats, Dot (older male),  went in for vet visit, had some teeth pulled, and was given meds.

Anyway, so he comes home yesterday, and the other cat, Indy (younger female cat), starts hissing and growling at him on sight and has jumped him several times. We have had to separate them and keep them in different rooms so Indy doesn't kill Dot while he's still high on meds/recovering. Plus, shes got a good 3-4 pounds on him as far as size goes.

My common sense conclusion is that this is b/c he went to a strange place and came back smelling different, possibly like other animals - but are there any other possibilities? They've always gotten along until now.

Has anyone had this problem before? How long does it last? Any way of "helping" them get through it?

Indy (L), Dot, (R)
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Musicman

Typical female... He went out without her, then came back hammered, smelling like he was out having a good time with someone else,  and now she's pissed.  :lol:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Musicman on February 15, 2013, 04:36:55 PM
Typical female... He went out without her, then came back hammered, smelling like he was out having a good time with someone else,  and now she's pissed.  :lol:

:haha:   :smilielol:

oh sh*t...hadn't thought of it that way. makes perfect sense. :2thumbs:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 15, 2013, 04:26:04 PM

Has anyone had this problem before? How long does it last? Any way of "helping" them get through it?

Same exact thing happened with 2 cats we used to have, 1 male & 1 female. If I recall, it went on for a couple of days & then stopped. Neither got hurt, it seems to be mostly noise & puffing themselves out for threats. Kind of funny to me.   :lol:

If you want to take their minds off fighting each other, let someone you know with a hyper toddler stop by.   :smilielol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

JB400

Probably jealousy.  I would suggest feeding your female first for a couple days.  Also, set her on your lap (if she likes being held).  Show her some affection, then him.  Pretty soon, she'll get over it.

Ponch ®

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 15, 2013, 05:39:29 PM
Probably jealousy.  I would suggest feeding your female first for a couple days.  Also, set her on your lap (if she likes being held).  Show her some affection, then him.  Pretty soon, she'll get over it.

Ok, but what about the cat?

Fred

Maybe if you give him a bath and get him smelling his normal self again...........all will be well.  :scratchchin:

71ChallengeHer

Let, the one that went to the vet lay on some of your clothing you wore. SHe smells like the vets and other animals. Once that smell is gone , they will be buddies again.  :2thumbs:

JB400

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 15, 2013, 05:44:19 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 15, 2013, 05:39:29 PM
Probably jealousy.  I would suggest feeding your female first for a couple days.  Also, set her on your lap (if she likes being held).  Show her some affection, then him.  Pretty soon, she'll get over it.

Ok, but what about the cat?
I could be wrong, but I think this works on most female species  :lol:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Fred on February 15, 2013, 05:44:29 PM
Maybe if you give him a bath and get him smelling his normal self again...........all will be well.  :scratchchin:

ever tried giving a cat a bath? It'd be like trying to get bull to drive a 4 door charger!

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 15, 2013, 05:45:31 PM
Let, the one that went to the vet lay on some of your clothing you wore. SHe smells like the vets and other animals. Once that smell is gone , they will be buddies again.  :2thumbs:

My co-worker was telling me to rub a towel/blanket on Dot and then rub it on Indy, then have them switch rooms.

Fred

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 15, 2013, 05:52:56 PM
Quote from: Fred on February 15, 2013, 05:44:29 PM
Maybe if you give him a bath and get him smelling his normal self again...........all will be well.  :scratchchin:

ever tried giving a cat a bath? It'd be like trying to get bull to drive a 4 door charger!

Actually the wife's pretty good at it. We have two Burmese. The best way is to hold the cat by the scruff of the neck (tightly) with one hand and wash with the other or else it might take the two of you to do it. Held in that position you'll find that the cat will put up very little struggle and pretty much cop it.
Under the circumstances I'd say it's worth a shot.