News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The PET thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, July 20, 2005, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Quote from: Fred on February 15, 2013, 05:58:39 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on February 15, 2013, 05:52:56 PM
Quote from: Fred on February 15, 2013, 05:44:29 PM
Maybe if you give him a bath and get him smelling his normal self again...........all will be well.  :scratchchin:

ever tried giving a cat a bath? It'd be like trying to get bull to drive a 4 door charger!

Actually the wife's pretty good at it. We have two Burmese. The best way is to hold the cat by the scruff of the neck (tightly) with one hand and wash with the other or else it might take the two of you to do it. Held in that position you'll find that the cat will put up very little struggle and pretty much cop it.
Under the circumstances I'd say it's worth a shot.

may have to give that a shot, but ill let Mrs Ponch handle it.

Girl cat is still pissed.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

JB400

I doubt that you're going to have overnight results.  It's going to take a week or two.

Fred

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 16, 2013, 10:20:31 PM
Quote from: Fred on February 15, 2013, 05:58:39 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on February 15, 2013, 05:52:56 PM
Quote from: Fred on February 15, 2013, 05:44:29 PM
Maybe if you give him a bath and get him smelling his normal self again...........all will be well.  :scratchchin:

ever tried giving a cat a bath? It'd be like trying to get bull to drive a 4 door charger!

Actually the wife's pretty good at it. We have two Burmese. The best way is to hold the cat by the scruff of the neck (tightly) with one hand and wash with the other or else it might take the two of you to do it. Held in that position you'll find that the cat will put up very little struggle and pretty much cop it.
Under the circumstances I'd say it's worth a shot.

may have to give that a shot, but ill let Mrs Ponch handle it.

Girl cat is still pissed.

Get her to do it as soon as possible. I guarantee it will make all the difference.  And all will be be back to normal.   :2thumbs:  

Fill some warm water in a basin (laundry sink is always good) hold the cat by the scruff of the neck and lower it into the water keeping it in a semi sitting possition (belly up) As long as you keep his head well out of the water he shouldn't feel paniced and after the initial shock of being partially submersed will remain pretty still while you get on with washing him.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU KEEP A FIRM GRASP OF HIS SCRUFF ESPECIALLY WHEN LOWERING HIM INTO THE WATER AS THAT'S WHEN HE'S MOST LIKELY TO PANIC AND WILL TRY SCRATCHING HIS WAY OUT OF THE SITUATION.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

mrsskip68

Put a thick dish towel on the bottom of sink in warm water before you wash the cat. Helps them feel more stable. Tall kitchen gloves are a bonus as welll!!!!  :2thumbs:

The70RT

Just throw it in the toilet with then close the lid and flush it a couple of times  :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brads70

Quote from: The70RT on February 28, 2013, 06:40:37 AM
Just throw it in the toilet with then close the lid and flush it a couple of times  :lol:

I thought thats what those clips on the wall were for at the do it your self car washes? :D

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Brads70 on February 28, 2013, 09:47:06 PM

I thought thats what those clips on the wall were for at the do it your self car washes? :D
your so mean  :slap: 

Brads70

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 28, 2013, 09:47:46 PM

:smilielol:  opps busted!

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Brads70 on February 28, 2013, 09:48:40 PM

yeppers.   :nana:   

Old Tired Rebel

Fred

Very nice.  He looks young.

JB400

Do you have your glasses on? :scope: :poke:

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 01, 2013, 01:02:47 AM
Do you have your glasses on? :scope: :poke:

Why?

:smilielol: Oh yes, I see what you mean.  I stoped reading when I got to dog.

Fred

:eek2:    Oh yes, I see what you mean.  I stopped reading when I got to dog. (short attention span  :icon_smile_big:)

JB400

Fred

Old Tired Rebel

Fred

One of our dogs is getting on. First time ever this morning that he didn't want to go for his walk with the Mrs.   :'(

JB400

That's sad to hear Fred :pity:  Hopefully, that won't be the new norm for him.

Fred

Thanks JB, we're hoping he's just having an off day. He's much loved and we'll do our best for him.  :2thumbs:

Brads70

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 28, 2013, 10:01:06 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on February 28, 2013, 09:48:40 PM

yeppers.   :nana:   

Seeing how I'm in trouble..... I might as well rub it in with this one then?   :nana:

Fred

mpdlawdog

Beautiful dog reb!  Fred don't sweat it...sometimes my partner doesn't want to get out of the front seat of my cruiser to work!  Gets too comfortable
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

Fred

He's a rottweiler and he's pushing 9 years of age and sadly that's coming pretty much to the end of his life span.  Not much we can do about it.