News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If would happen sooner or later

Started by Drache, August 18, 2005, 12:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

DOH has hit the pop ups lol! I received this popup three different times!   :icon_smile_evil:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Telvis

BrianShaughnessy

You'd prefer the Hello Kitty screensaver perhaps?  ;D
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Drache

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on August 18, 2005, 12:46:11 PM
You'd prefer the Hello Kitty screensaver perhaps?   ;D

I'd like to not have pop ups! I clicked the popup but it takes you to some page which tried to download spyware onto my computer! I'm not saying that I don't liek the screensaver, just that I don't like the popups featuring it and then trying to download crap onto my computer.  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

LahTera

You can tell Windows XP not to allow pop-ups.  Click the following link for a quick tutorial to fix that:  http://groups.msn.com/AlaskanCreations/popupdisable.msnw.

LahTera

LahTera

Note:  That fix only works with dialog box pop-ups, not Internet Explorer pop-ups.

LahTera

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

LahTera

Bummer!

Don't know how to do it in '98.   :-\

LahTera

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

LahTera

Why did I have a feeling you were going to say that?  LOL!

What are you, a Linux nut?  LOL!  Actually, I hear good things about them. 

If not Linux, Apple?

Come on, clue me in!

LahTera

Drache

Well considering you've missed three versions of windows lol!

ME

:P
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bananabeast

whats a good way to prevent pop-ups nothing seems to work . I get about 3 of em every min. or so
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

MichaelRW

Quote from: 69bananabeast on August 18, 2005, 04:04:42 PM
whats a good way to prevent pop-ups nothing seems to work . I get about 3 of em every min. or so

Switch to Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/about/
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

tomonty

Quote from: MichaelRW on August 18, 2005, 04:26:36 PM

That or you can install the Google Toolbar which has a built in pop up blocker...located here: http://toolbar.google.com/?promo=mor-tb-en
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Charger_Fan

Quote from: MichaelRW on August 18, 2005, 04:26:36 PM

:iagree: I've got Firefox on my home confuzer...I think I've witnessed ONE popup in a little less than a year. :boogie:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

Netscape is about the same.  Been using it for several months, and I get very few popups.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Drache

If you are getting popups no matter what websites you go to and if you are getting them every three minutes or more, download an anti spyware program. You just might have a spyware program that instantly sends you pop up messages.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Silver R/T

who else hates when they drive their 68 and get asked "hey dude is that DOH car?"
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chargerguy74

I've had people come up to my 72 and yell "hey! Dukes of Hazzard!"
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

69bananabeast

im on this my space thing and some 16yr girl asked  me if mine was a 68 and  her display pic saw a GL :-\  and she had pics from the movie all over her files . Found out why she asked me if was 68 , one of her friends left a comment sayin he thought it was a 68 . had to lay out pictures and show her how diff they are since she thought they wouldnt be diff since they were a year off.   Kids these days  :rotz:
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Andrew

weird

iv got googletoolbar, in the 5 months iv had it, its blocked 155 popups

it also has other useful things like autofill, spellcheck and translate

and if you click on the name of any us street, ittl show you a map

bull

I get pop-ups sometimes when I think about Daisy. ;D

IBsmokin

Drache stop being cheap, go to walmart, fork out the 36 bucks and buy Webroot's Spy Sweeper, and Presto, no more pop ups!!!!

IBsmokin

holy!!!! smokes!!!!! man Drache, windows 95, dude man, you need to get out of the dark ages, you know you can get computeres pretty cheap these days,   does you computer look like this bro?

I also found a computer of Drache on his dinasaur