News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Huge Number Of PitBulls are sentence to die next week

Started by IBsmokin, August 23, 2005, 09:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

Like I said before, this is one of those topics that people have a preset opinion on, and you are not going to change that. When it comes down to it, I guess I value human life over a dog's. It's not an issue of "Don't take away my rights", those rights that you do cherish in this country were bought with a price, just think about that, and maybe defending a dog that kills innocent people might seem kinda silly.

TheGhost

Quote from: lumpy on August 29, 2005, 10:36:16 PMI value human life over a dog's.

As do I, and fully believe that if a dog viciously attacks a person, it should be put down.  However, don't fully blame the dog.  Everyone is so quick to point to the dog, and ignore the neglectful owners, the idiot people that trespassed, etc.

Hell, my dog even bit me once.  I still got the scar on my hand.  Yet, he still lives with me.  It's been 3 years since it happened, and he's yet to even snap at me again.  Frankly, I deserved the bite, too, and I'm the first to admit it.  I stepped on his leg, pretty hard, on accident, and he was defending himself.  I wonder how many cases of dog attacks started by some dumbass pestering a dog?  I've witnessed a couple of 10 year olds poking a dog with a stick, through the fence.  The dog was not happy about it, and, if the fence wasn't there, the kids probably would have gotten mauled.  But, they deserved to be, because of their actions.  Little kids constantly run up to my dog when I take him for walks, even though they don't know him, and for all they know, he could be a vicious animal.  Luckily for them, he's just about the friendliest damn dog I've ever seen.  Both of those show you that parents need to do a better job supervising, and teaching their kids about proper behavior around dogs.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

CFMopar

QuoteI gotta chime in here, I guess if you want a dog like that because you think you need protection or something, maybe you've got some other issues. I love dogs, don't think my 3 pound Yorkie could hurt anything if she tried, but maybe if she was raised by some white trash skinhead nazi punk teenager she could be the first Killer Yorkie!!! You can say what you want about bad owners and all, but it really is the dog.

A mail man in my area got his thumb taken off by a chewawa (how do u spell that damn dog name anyways) I say ban them they make to much noise anyways and look like a rat.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Brock Samson

just for the sake of (an) argument...
  let's replace the word "pittbulls" with "guns"...
hows that grab ya?.   ;D

lumpy

Quote from: Thread_Marshal on August 29, 2005, 10:47:43 PM

A mail man in my area got his thumb taken off by a chewawa (how do u spell that damn dog name anyways) I say ban them they make to much noise anyways and look like a rat.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

twilt

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 29, 2005, 10:47:53 PM
hows that grab ya?.  ;D
wouldn`t bother me much. However, our forefathers (here in the U.S.)  didnt put anything in the constitution protecting our "right" to own a pit bull. For better, or
maybe for worse, they did put some crap in there about the right to bear arms. 
Hmmm. i can see it now, bumper stickers that say " if PB`s are banned, only criminals will own PB`s".

TheGhost

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 29, 2005, 10:47:53 PM
hows that grab ya?.  ;D

Once again, it's the gun owners fault, not the gun itself.  Gun's can't pull their own triggers.  But, enough of the off topic.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

twilt

Quote from: Lowprofile on August 29, 2005, 09:59:45 PM
Quote from: twilt on August 29, 2005, 09:42:05 PM
67% of all serious dog attacks ( ones that result in severe injury) involve less than 1% of the dog population. that less than 1% being pitbulls. what else do i need to know?

Your facts, for starters. Don't believe all the tripe the mass media feeds you.
According to the AKC High strung breeds like Golden Retrievers, Different types of Lap Dogs, and Blue Healers/ Border Collies are responsible for the majority of dog bites in the US.
That being said.......You do not punish the Breed of dog because of the laziness/carelessness of the owner. Yes, the bite of a pit bull is devastating, but after investigating these attacks, most agree that the person attacked were either bothering the dog or were someplace where they didn't belong.
This is ,to say the least , a touchy subject.
my statement had nothing to do with which dogs bite. It has to do with which ones viciously attack causing severe physical injury.

lumpy

Chargerguy74

I think this is stupid. If I had a pitbull and they told me I had to bring it in to get put down, I'd tell them where to go.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

ChargerBill

While they're at it I think they should spay and neuter the friggin owners too!! The majority of those idiots are the main reason they are being put down. I mean, c'mon IBsmokinganga, you KNOW that white trash meth heads, bigots, pot growers, etc... are training these dogs to be killers. I won't discount that the dogs have a predisposition to aggression and fighting, but in the hands of a good owner they MAY be OK dogs. Truth is though, these dogs have instincts and IMO are not a good choice for a pet. Most people looking SPECIFICALLY for a pit bull or canary dog etc.. are looking for vicious dogs in the first place. Anyone with kids (in their right mind) wouldn't choose a pit bull over one of the thousand other breeds out there.

BTW: Never have heard of a Collie mauling a kid to death...have you?
Life is a highway...

ChargerBill

Quote from: Ghost on August 29, 2005, 09:02:36 PMDude.   That's like saying, let's ban all people from driving, because a few people drive drunk.

Ghost, it's actually not the same thing at all. Cars must meet safety regualtions and if they don't they get fix it tickets or eventually don't get relisenced. You cannot drive a Sherman Tank down the street can you? Also, there are speed limits for safety...and anyone speeding can and will be ticketed. if they are speeding in excess of a certain amount and deemed dangeruos to public safety they will be arrested and their car impounded. A drunk driver will go to jail and have his/her lisence taken away. there are rules regarding driving for public safety...I see this as an issue with the same intent. Owners have shown that they cannot be responsible or simply CHOOOSE not to be responsible and for public safety the government has stepped in. Besides, if any dog ever even lunged at my kid it would be dead in a second!... So either way, the dog loses and the stupid owner gets off scott free...there's NO justice in that. Have you noticed that Canary Dogs are illegal...hmmm, I wonder why?...
Life is a highway...

Shakey

Quote from: Ghost on August 28, 2005, 07:07:33 PM
Quote from: twilt on August 28, 2005, 06:49:27 PM
i understand and respect your point about the "fault" being in the owners, not the dogs.   However, when 2/3 of all serious dog attacks are attributed to 1% of the dog population...... its no wonder that there are people who want to take action. Its a hell of a lot easier to ban the breed than eliminate the bad apple owners.     

I have never been attacked, or even felt threatened, by a Pitbull.   Ever.   However, I was attacked by a Cocker Spaniel when I was 5, which ripped my ear open.   All dog breeds have some bad apples.   You just hear about Pitbulls more, because they are bigger, more powerful dogs, bred for fighting, when the breed first started.

Then I see this on the next page:

Quote from: Ghost on August 29, 2005, 09:05:11 PM
Quote from: lumpy on August 29, 2005, 09:02:44 PM
I'm sure there are some pretty nice Grizzly Bears and Wolverines out there somwhere, they just need a good home :yesnod: :yesnod:

That's different.  Those are NOT domesticated animals.   Now your arguements are getting rediculous.

I say make the Pitbulls extinct.   There are many other types of breeds for the dog lovers.

CFMopar

wouldnt losing your thumb count as severe?  Try doing stuff without your thumb today  ;)

lumpy

Hey Amigo, theese is what i think about your post........... "Protect The Ankle Biters"

TheGhost

Quote from: ChargerBill on August 30, 2005, 12:50:41 AMHave you noticed that Canary Dogs are illegal...hmmm, I wonder why?...

What the hell is a Canary Dog?

TheGhost

Quote from: Shakey on August 30, 2005, 07:09:22 AM
Quote from: Ghost on August 28, 2005, 07:07:33 PM
Quote from: twilt on August 28, 2005, 06:49:27 PM
i understand and respect your point about the "fault" being in the owners, not the dogs.  However, when 2/3 of all serious dog attacks are attributed to 1% of the dog population...... its no wonder that there are people who want to take action. Its a hell of a lot easier to ban the breed than eliminate the bad apple owners.   

I have never been attacked, or even felt threatened, by a Pitbull.  Ever.  However, I was attacked by a Cocker Spaniel when I was 5, which ripped my ear open.  All dog breeds have some bad apples.  You just hear about Pitbulls more, because they are bigger, more powerful dogs, bred for fighting, when the breed first started.

Then I see this on the next page:

Quote from: Ghost on August 29, 2005, 09:05:11 PM
Quote from: lumpy on August 29, 2005, 09:02:44 PM
I'm sure there are some pretty nice Grizzly Bears and Wolverines out there somwhere, they just need a good home :yesnod: :yesnod:

That's different.  Those are NOT domesticated animals.  Now your arguements are getting rediculous.

I say make the Pitbulls extinct.  There are many other types of breeds for the dog lovers.

Fine.  Ban new breeding.  But, don't put down every Pitbull that is alive.  How would you like it if someone came to your house, and said that they had to kill the family pet that you had for 10 years?

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

lumpy

CFMopar

Quote from: twilt on August 30, 2005, 05:40:23 PM
or you could read these facts.     http://www.city-journal.org/html/9_2_scared_of_pit.html

Think the key quote here twilt is this

"Pit-bull owners had converted the little park in front of our apartment building into a dog-training ground, where they goaded their animals into attacking one another or taught them to hang from tree branches to strengthen their jaws and their tenacity."

Problem owners done and done. If they banned pitbulls those same people would do it with rotwillers

As for a Canary dog...  ??? this site is pretty good for dog breeds and I dont see it. http://www.canadasguidetodogs.com/breedalpha_abc.htm#c

ChargerBill

Perro de Presa Canario AKA: Canary Dog...very vicious breed...a couple years ago in the news two of them got out of an apartment and entered a neighboring apartment and mauled a woman to death then proceeded to tear her body apart. They are large Bull Mastiff sized and fighting Pit Bull temperment type dogs.
Life is a highway...

Brock Samson