News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jessie from dodge-charger.com

Started by Charged, August 27, 2005, 06:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charged

I know this might be a touchy issue, but I just dont understand. What was the deal with Jessie (charger) and dodge-charger.com? Ive heard so many tales of him ripping people off and this and that, but I just cant see that happening. Can somebody enlighten me here? What exactly did he do...if anything? After spending 4-5 years on that site, VERY regularily...I kinda would like to know what happened. But so far, Ive been left without an answer, and Im sure many others have been as well. Kinda like to have closure on it.

If you like, feel free to private message me your thoughts.

Thanks
Charged

bull

Nobody knows really what happened to him personally. All we know here is that he took money for a bunch of T-shirt orders that were never delivered and he took donations to run this site and then ignored the site comepletely. He then went AWOL and told nobody anything. The site imploded, very few people got any T-shirts and we haven't heard a word of explanation from Jesse for about 8 months. That's it in a nutshell.

JR

Didn't he also sell his 68 Charger on Ebay??
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

bull

Telvis

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1968 Charger B5

i was wondering what happenmed to that site for ahwile i couldnt figure out what happened, or if my computer sucked......that stinks about the old site people loosing some cash and what not......so whos in charge of this site now?
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

Silver R/T

troy is with help of CP and others

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

did anyone ever get any of the decals Jessie was advertising?..

TruckDriver

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 28, 2005, 07:16:46 PM

I think that was another fund Jesse advertisment.

I am just waiting for Jesse to show his face here..................... THAT will be interesting! :popcrn:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

twilt

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 28, 2005, 07:16:46 PM
:lolexplode:     heres a couple  for Jesse :moon: :nutkick:

TheGhost

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on August 28, 2005, 07:23:42 PMI am just waiting for Jesse to show his face here..................... THAT will be interesting! :popcrn:

Don't hold your breath.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Steve P.

I don;t KNOW this,,,, but I think the only thing that could have turned Jesse that way is drugs.. Again,, I DON"T know this. What else would put a spin in a guys head like that??

He loved his site.
He loved his car.
He was on every day for most of the time..
The last year or so it all fell apart.. He sold his soul in my opinion..

It's really a damn shame..  Jesse was a good friend to many of us.. He obviously made some bad decisions and I'm sure he isn't just out having the time of his life on a few bucks that were sent in..

Maybe this should just be put to bed..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TruckDriver

Quote from: Steve P. on August 28, 2005, 09:46:20 PM
I don;t KNOW this,,,, but I think the only thing that could have turned Jesse that way is drugs.. Again,, I DON"T know this. What else would put a spin in a guys head like that??

He loved his site.
He loved his car.
He was on every day for most of the time..
The last year or so it all fell apart.. He sold his soul in my opinion..

I thought of that a long time ago, I have seen it happen a few times to friends. I was afraid to say it though because of all his supporters.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Steve P.

Well,,,, I also heard that he IS a member here.. Of course he has changed his name and info.. :icon_smile_wink:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

In memory of Craig Denham 2005
-------------------

Wakko

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 28, 2005, 03:48:44 PM
hmm this gonna be interesting

No offense, but I disagree.  There's been no new information on Jesse in months.  Even Troy hasn't heard from him last time someone asked him.  Honestly, what's done is done..can't we just leave it alone?   I think Troy added this smiley specifically for Jesse threads: :horse:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Silver R/T

no it was about 06 turd, hmm any news about new '06 'charger' lol just kidding

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charged

Quote from: Wakko on August 29, 2005, 12:38:12 AM
..can't we just leave it alone?   I think Troy added this smiley specifically for Jesse threads: :horse:

Dude I dont know if Im mistaken, but Im damn near taking that personally...offensively. So look here champ, I was there something around 4-5 years. I spent many hours there. And I met alot of people there. I slacked off during the final days because of outside reasons...priorities more important than chillin on a website. So I missed what happened. I was never told and never heard anything about it other than shaky rumors.

I think the oldtimers deserve an oppurtunity to get closure as to why that site died. Including newcomers who thought alot of it. And to do this all without having some jackass be a jackass about it. As a matter of fact, Ive recieved a couple P.M.'s already telling me that when I hear something about it, to let them know. So keep your mouth shut, eat your donuts, and allow some of us to find this out. Im leaving this as this and only this, to say no more to you about it. So sit your ass right there in that seat, cut the keyboard wire and bitch about it to your wife and kids.

Charged

Wakko

Quote from: Charged on August 29, 2005, 01:02:17 AM
Dude I dont know if Im mistaken, but Im damn near taking that personally...offensively. So look here champ, I was there something around 4-5 years. I spent many hours there. And I met alot of people there. I slacked off during the final days because of outside reasons...priorities more important than chillin on a website. So I missed what happened. I was never told and never heard anything about it other than shaky rumors.

I think the oldtimers deserve an oppurtunity to get closure as to why that site died. Including newcomers who thought alot of it. And to do this all without having some jackass be a jackass about it. As a matter of fact, Ive recieved a couple P.M.'s already telling me that when I hear something about it, to let them know. So keep your mouth shut, eat your donuts, and allow some of us to find this out. Im leaving this as this and only this, to say no more to you about it. So sit your ass right there in that seat, cut the keyboard wire and bitch about it to your wife and kids.

Charged

Settle down over there.  My post was not directed at you for asking about the old site or Jesse, but to the people that just keep rehashing the same stuff over and over again.  Would I like to know where my money went?  Of course.  Would I like to know if Jesse is being an asshole or just dealing with some hard times we don't know about?  Of course.  The fact remains that no new information has been provided by ANYONE in months.  I'm sure if someone hears from him that we'll all know about it in enough time it takes to type it out.  This site does have a search button that will bring up other posts asking these same questions, I suggest that we ALL use it.   As far as you attempting to make a personal attack on me simply because you misinterpret my post, I don't have a wife, I don't have kids, my keyboard is wireless and I don't eat donuts.  Let's rise above that stuff, ok?   Here, have a beer.  :)   :cheers:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

itsbacon

donut jokes never get old. copper.

Steve P.

Wow,,, I was writing Charged a funny/nasty note... I think he would have gotten a kick out of it, but your answer just made mine look stupid... Good thing the site tells you that someone just blew all your funny shit out the window..

Oh well,, have one on me too..... :cheers:

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

8WHEELER

I went to several car shows with Jesse and his wife at the time, and he was a great guy and very nice
and loved Chargers as much as anybody here. Then the breakup, he lost his wife his child his place to
live his income and no computer access, then having to sell his car. If that happend to me I don't know
that I would handle it well, so I hope to hell it never happens.

I am not saying I am still in his corner but I along with others would like to talk to him and really see what
is going on, and yes I paid $80+ dollars for four T-Shirts and never got them like many others and
I am at this point not happy about that for sure, INMO he should had at least sent the T-Shirts out
regardless of the website issues.

I am sure we will never see or hear from him again, after the death threats he was getting before the
site went down, like I said I am upset about the shirts as well but getting death threats will really make
a guy think and maybe just say to hell with the hole thing like it seems to have done compounded 
with everything in his personal life as well. I wish the site could come back and he could come back
but boy at this point I sure don't see how that could happen.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

FastbackJon

Hmmm...

From what I remember (in a nutshell)...

Site was running great.
Jesse was online almost every day, very active, working a decent job in management, had a good girlfriend.
Jesse gets bunch of orders for shirts.
Then he left his girlfriend for another girl.
Quit his decent paying job to not work.
Moved into another house with irregular computer/internet access.
Site starts having domain problems, but they get corrected.
People wondering where shirts are, some people are mad, Jesse not around.
Jesse runs low on cash (has irregular/no job) comes online to sell his '68 440 Charger R/T clone on eBay
Visits the website, explains a little bit about what has happened, apologizes, promises the shirts will be sent right out, people are relieved
Also puts up a couple "freebie" posts, for people to guess a certain amount of something to win a prize
Car sells for over $15,000 to some guy in the Seattle area
Jesse disappears off the website again
Website goes offline (the most recent time)
Jesse (still irregular/no work) has no cash to fix it, asks former girlfriend to pay, that person doesn't have cash for it either
Website stays offline
People flock to cuda-challenger and the 70 registry and other boards
Troy tries to fix and can't fix the old site, so he starts this one and older people drift in
Jesse recently started new business selling stuff for other people on eBay
Still hasn't sent out shirts or got back on those prize threads
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

8WHEELER

HMMMMMMMMM Jon, he told me she left him  :shruggy: :shruggy:
You living in that area would no better than anybody else, but everything I said is what he told me.

Interesting, maybe that explaines how he had a new girl friend so fast then, I still did not see
him as that kind of guy 3yrs ago did you??

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Shakey

I recall her finding another guy also.  Read that on the old board!

RECHRGD

Jon is right.  We took Beth for a ride in the Charger earlier this year and she was still hurting and had no new boyfriend.  She also stated that Jesse wasn't giving her one thin dime for support of his daughter they had together, even after the sale of his Charger.  From what I've heard I think Steve P. is on the mark.  Too bad.
13.53 @ 105.32

FastbackJon

I think you and Steve P. are correct too, Bob. He had the money, it went somewhere... up in smoke?

Quote from: RECHRGD on August 29, 2005, 10:20:41 AM
Jon is right.  We took Beth for a ride in the Charger earlier this year and she was still hurting and had no new boyfriend.  She also stated that Jesse wasn't giving her one thin dime for support of his daughter they had together, even after the sale of his Charger.  From what I've heard I think Steve P. is on the mark.  Too bad.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

JimShine

Disgusting. I had let it go and chaulked it up to him being a wimp and not being able to deal with life like a man. Now it shows all we knew was bullshit. I am outraged.

Troy

One of the reasons all these threads were locked before is because people who knew nothing were making accusations with no basis in fact. Try to only post what you know - not what you're guessing at. When I started this site I debated a lot about whether I would allow it to become a Jesse bash-fest. The fact still remains that nobody really knows exactly what happened. I'll try to post what I know when I get home later on.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dr. V

Troy is right, this could get out of hand fast, but we are all adults here, so we will keep the rumors down but if anybody has any true knowledge, like Dan, we are all ears.   :icon_smile_cool:

Charger_Fan

I too would like to hear true facts in this matter. The whole thing's a sad situation & I will be genuinely saddened if it turns out that drugs was the reason.

As others have stated, we are all adults, so let's all try to keep the flaming down to a minimum & post only what is actually known.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RECHRGD

Troy, I never posted anything during the Jessie bashing era even though I knew of certain things that would have countered all of the excuses people were making for him.   I liked him. He has been to my house and vise versa.   I agree that enough is enough and no purpose is served by continuing speculation as to his personality or honesty.   But when you connect all the dots, there's not too many scenarios that look good.   I hope he turns himself around, there's a hell of a nice guy in there somewhere.   I will go forward and sin no more.      Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Stormhammer

well I think thats what this thread has turned into - a very mature speculation thread - nobody has bashed him  :yesnod: and I love that fact

drugs?  :rotz: would've never known - I guess I've been outta the loop on this one  :icon_smile_dead:

FastbackJon

Well I know stuff that I've heard from his ex-girlfriend, who he has a kid with. She knows him better than anyone on here. It is just hard to judge how much stuff she tells me that I should keep proprietary, to my self, and how much I should let out.

I don't want to slam him directly on the website in front of all the members, and I don't want to appear like a big mouth, so I just try to keep it at a minimum. I wasn't even going to reply to this thread until I saw that other people had.

I'll agree with Bob, when I used to know him, when he was with Beth, he was a cool guy. I went over to his house a few times, got some pictures of our '68's together, had dinner, went to car shows, etc. But after everything happened, it's just like....he's a different person.

Shakey

Quote from: RECHRGD on August 29, 2005, 10:20:41 AM
Jon is right.   We took Beth for a ride in the Charger earlier this year and she was still hurting and had no new boyfriend.   She also stated that Jesse wasn't giving her one thin dime for support of his daughter they had together, even after the sale of his Charger.   From what I've heard I think Steve P. is on the mark.   Too bad.

Shame on you guys - taking advantage of a vulnerable woman like that!   

So, tell us - who scored or did you both!   ;D

Ponch ®

Regardless of what you think about how Jesse handled the situation with the old site, t-shirts, and decals; I think it's in very poor taste for people to publicize certain aspects of his personal life that are, in the grand scheme of things, irrelevant and better kept private.

Let the sleeping dogs lie.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Stormhammer

Stormhammer

Quote from: Iceman on August 29, 2005, 02:49:27 PM
Regardless of what you think about how Jesse handled the situation with the old site, t-shirts, and decals; I think it's in very poor taste for people to publicize certain aspects of his personal life that are, in the grand scheme of things, irrelevant and better kept private.

nah - I dont think this shirt is so much about that as to more of the fact of... what the hell happened to him  ???

and I can understand FastbackJon's reasoning - I back you up fully 100% - but if by any means you can rephrase or clue us in on what happened without necessarily giving it away, it may be helpful?

41husk

OK, troy said only facts, Jessie was obducted by allians (and I dont mean Mexicans without green cards) His brain was sucked out to be used for expieriments and replaced with an allian brain.    There that should once and for all solve all of the questions about what happened to him and explain his strange behaviors as far as the running of this site.   Please let me know if I can help out with any other pressing issues :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ponch ®

Quote from: Stormhammer on August 29, 2005, 02:52:49 PM
- but if by any means you can rephrase or clue us in on what happened without necessarily giving it away, it may be helpful?

"Delicate personal problems". That's all we need to know. Anything more than that is gossiping for its own sake.   
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Shakey

Maybe he's got the clap and he is too ashamed to come around?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 41husk on August 29, 2005, 02:55:51 PM
OK, troy said only facts, Jessie was obducted by allians (and I dont mean Mexicans without green cards) His brain was sucked out to be used for expieriments and replaced with an allian brain.    There that should once and for all solve all of the questions about what happened to him and explain his strange behaviors as far as the running of this site.   Please let me know if I can help out with any other pressing issues :icon_smile_big:
We can all relax now, thanks Man! :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

FastbackJon

Regardless of what you think about how Jesse handled the situation with the old site, t-shirts, and decals...

Or should you have said "didn't handle..."

The site, yes we are sad to lose it. But this one is almost as good, if not better. But the fact is that he owes a lot of people their money back or their shirts, or the shirts themselves. It would suprise me if he came though this late in the game with either of those. If I had bought a shirt (at $20 each?) or multiple shirts, I would be mad and wondering what happened to a high profile person I sent my money to, especially if I didn't live in the same city and couldn't get ahold of that person by email or the phone.

Just disappearing with hundreds of dollars of other people's money is not cool in my book.

Ponch ®

Quote from: FastbackJon on August 29, 2005, 03:23:36 PM
Regardless of what you think about how Jesse handled the situation with the old site, t-shirts, and decals...

Or should you have said "didn't handle..."

The site, yes we are sad to lose it. But this one is almost as good, if not better. But the fact is that he owes a lot of people their money back or their shirts, or the shirts themselves. It would suprise me if he came though this late in the game with either of those. If I had bought a shirt (at $20 each?) or multiple shirts, I would be mad and wondering what happened to a high profile person I sent my money to, especially if I didn't live in the same city and couldn't get ahold of that person by email or the phone.

Just disappearing with hundreds of dollars of other people's money is not cool in my book.

so that makes it ok for people to say that he's doing drugs, that he left his wife for another broad, doesnt pay child support? Really, is that necessary?

Mefirst

Im just gonna wait until he shows up, sooner or later he will, and I just hope he has the balls to be a man and write down an explanation about everything that happend.. As for some of the posts here in this thread.. :rotz:

One thing I would like to know.. These death/kill threats, are they true or false or just someones wild imagination? If this turns out to be true, well here is my -FK U !! to the person who is so dumb and fukced up in his mind that he would threaten to kill a person over a damn T-shirt..

/Tom

Charger4404spd

:iagree:

Considering all that has been said about Jesse, whether true or not, I am sure a prayer for oud Mopar brother wouldn't hurt a thing. Then those without sin, let them cast the first stone!

Neal_J

Troy:

Any chance you can lock or delete this thread??

I'm saddeded by the loss of the old Jessie, the old board plus the t-shirt and decal money.   I'm also somewhat curious about the circumstances.   HOWEVER, its none of my business and I just don't think it's right to air someone else's personal business in such a public forum.

Certain facts aren't gonna change:   the old Jessie, the old board and the money are all gone.   Does it really matter what clearly unpleasant personal matters in Jessie's life caused that outcome???

Move on, folks.  

Peace,

Neal

Stormhammer

I think a lock should be in effect as well as a sticky - just to prevent more threads asking the question

enough was explained for me - as they put it "delicate personal problems" arose, and thats enough of an explanation for anyone on a public forum

twilt

what is so delicate about stealing other peoples money?  he is a liar and a thief.  that is fact.  thats all i need to know.

Drache

Wow... there are more rumors flying around here than in a female beauty sallon!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

FastbackJon

Quote from: Iceman on August 29, 2005, 03:28:04 PM
so that makes it ok for people to say that he's doing drugs, that he left his wife for another broad...

Well they were never married if that makes you feel any better...

:icon_smile_big:

Ponch ®

Quote from: twilt on August 29, 2005, 05:03:27 PM
what is so delicate about stealing other peoples money?   he is a liar and a thief.   that is fact.   thats all i need to know.

that he may be, but that's not what we mean. You can bash him all you want (or rather, as much as Troy will put up with it) about the shirts, the site and the decals. It just ain't right to bring up his personal and private matters on this board.

FastbackJon

I agree that his personal matters have no place on this board so long as HE doesn't mix his own personal life with other people's money. If he had just disappeared without the whole shirt thing, then we all would have been right to just leave him alone.

But that's not what happened. He brought it upon himself by choosing to mix his personal and private matters with the website members by taking a large amount of money from the members and not getting back to anyone. So people have a right to know what happened to him and why, at least a little bit anyway.

Maybe if this thread gets long enough, he'll come on here and defend himself? lol

Maybe he doesn't even care now??

He's never done anything bad to me personally, always been pretty cool. I never ordered a shirt the first time around, but he gave me one for free and I wore the heck out of it. That level of respect that I had for him was why I stuck up for him when he disappeared before he sold his car when no one got their shirts.

But then he came back online right when selling his car, promised everyone that everything was in order and that they would be shipped out immediatly. I honestly thought he would come through then. But months later, Jesse gone, money gone, one site down the drain, and no shirts shipped, I'm done sticking up for him, he's on his own.

Ponch ®

Quote from: FastbackJon on August 29, 2005, 05:18:52 PM

Well they were never married if that makes you feel any better...

:icon_smile_big:

Who are you, his biographer or something? Why do you keep posting this stuff?

YOU and the other yentas are the ones mixing his personal life and other people's money. Assuming he did steal the t-shirt money, then that's all that needs to be said - He stole it and that's that. I feel bad for the people who sent him money and didnt get their shirts, but at some point they have to write it off as a bad experience and move on. Does it make a difference WHY he stole it? No.

FastbackJon

Quote from: Iceman on August 29, 2005, 05:48:16 PM

Who are you, his biographer or something? Why do you keep posting this stuff?

Good job! The book is due out in a month. 362 pages, hard bound, with a softcover coming later. Watch for me on Oprah to promote it to the book club. All of the proceeds will go towards this site. Do you want the first signed copy?

:lolexplode:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Neal_J on August 29, 2005, 04:48:31 PM
Troy:

Any chance you can lock or delete this thread??

I'm saddeded by the loss of the old Jessie, the old board plus the t-shirt and decal money.  I'm also somewhat curious about the circumstances.  HOWEVER, its none of my business and I just don't think it's right to air someone else's personal business in such a public forum.

Certain facts aren't gonna change:  the old Jessie, the old board and the money are all gone.  Does it really matter what clearly unpleasant personal matters in Jessie's life caused that outcome???

Move on, folks. 

Peace,

Neal

Just like a car wreck, everyone's gotta slow down to look at it. 

Jesse and I talked at the last D-C.com get together and a few emails after that.  What we talked about should be left at that, nobodies business but ours.
I'm a little surprised people kept ordering after his first disappearing act. 

Ponch ®

Quote from: AllBlueRT on August 29, 2005, 06:08:18 PM

you know the old saying: "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice......." :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: AllBlueRT on August 29, 2005, 06:08:18 PM
I didn't. :icon_smile_tongue:

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Khyron

Quote from: AllBlueRT on August 29, 2005, 06:45:20 PM
It's easy for me to say that :o   But I didn't get my prize shirt. :P :icon_smile_big:

How bout someone coming up with a phrase on a shirt pertaining to the fact shirts were received this time ??? :icon_smile_big:

I already did that :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charged

Alright, I suppose the grand answer concerning Jesse and the site has been taken care of. I can say that I personally have closure on it and I hope others do as well.

Thanks for helping me understand
Charged

Big Lebowski

Before this gets locked, lets have a grand total of what this total loser got from us....I'll start. Jessie owes me $73.68 or 3 T-shirts. :flame:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Troy

I hinted earlier that this site wasn't to be used as an avenue to bash Jesse but I guess I should have been more clear about that. I have my reasons and the main one is that I don't think the personal life of anyone should be up for discussion - especially if they aren't here to refute any claims. If Jesse wanted to air out all of his problems to the world then he would have done so and either asked for help/support or told you all to take a flying leap. As it was he chose to keep things under wraps. I've stated on many occasions how I feel about the t-shirts and how that deal fell apart so I'm not going to bother covering that again.

Here's some history and exactly what I know:
* I started reading the site near the beginning of 2003, really liked the tech information and the way people treated each other. I officially joined in December of that year when I needed to start asking questions.
* In April 2004 the site suffered a major crash. Jesse installed the new forum software (with no old data) and added a chat room. I caught up with him there and volunteered to help recover the old site and he trusted me to not screw it up. We communicated mostly through chat and AOL Instant Messenger over several days He seemed like a really decent guy who was very concerned about the site and everyone on it. Jesse told me that he was currently unemployed and also some of his other problems but I felt awkward because I barely knew him. I promised not to say anything to any other members and I felt it was his right not to bring it up.
* Once I had the database restored I deleted my access to the site. He made a lot of upgrades over the next couple of weeks and everybody was happy (even though the most recent backup was 2 1/2 months old it was better than losing it all).
* April 3rd was the last email I got from him. After that, he slowly disappeared from the site. Looking back on it I guess he had started drifting away a while before then but I hadn't noticed.
* He was completely gone by late June/early July. I was having discussions about it with Neil and Chris at that time and we all seemed to know that he wasn't working. The Off Topic section was getting out of hand and the suggestion came up about me being a mod *if* anyone ever got in touch with Jesse.
* In September and October the site started acting up and running slowly. Jesse wasn't around and people were wondering why I didn't fix it. Well, I had deleted my access in April. Chryco and I were discussing the possibility of relocating the site at that time to a more stable environment.
* In early November Jesse reappeared. On November 9th he asked if I wanted to become a mod (thanks Chris!) and it became official on November 12th. The site was still dragging and generating random errors. About this time Jesse offered t-shirts for sale and then promptly disappeared again.
* On January 4th the site suffered a massive slowdown. At the time I thought it could have been an attack or that it was hacked but I had no access to investigate. The error messages became more frequent and the site was almost unusable. Load times were over 5 minutes per page. Complaints were rampant (most directed at me). Chris, Neil, Todd Wilson and I were sure to exchange phone numbers "just in case". All attempts to contact Jesse failed (I had neglected to get good contact information when he was around in November).
* It was determined that something needed to be done. I managed to piece together enough information to regain admin access to the site and, with Chris and Neil's blessing, I started to perform backups, regular maintenance, and adjust server settings to deal with the load. The site traffic had been steadily increasing for over a year and it just couldn't keep up. The site got noticeably faster but it still wasn't what I would consider as speedy.
* Near the end of January the shirts hadn't shown up and the natives began to get restless. All sorts of accusations were thrown about (some at me) and tensions were high. The rumors of the demise of the site were everywhere you looked.
* On February 24th the domain name expired and over the next three days the site slowly became inaccessible as the DNS servers stopped listing it. There was a mad scramble to find Jesse or at least get the word to him that things were about to be lost. During this time I happened to be unemployed as well (didn't know that did you?) so I had lots of time to track down rumors on all of the other Mopar sites. I was able to talk to Beth and FastbackJon to get Jesse's attention and solve the domain name issue. He still didn't post which caused a whole new barrage of speculation.
* Nothing relevant to this story but I met Neil (Chryco Psycho) in person in March!
* Almost exactly one year after I got started in this whole mess, the site went down on April 5th, 2005. This time it was a bit baffling as nothing worked at all. Through some detective work by Todd Wilson it was determined that the site was shut off intentionally due to non-payment of the hosting bill and it was 2 months overdue. No one knew how to reach Jesse and the site stayed off for more than a week.
* On April 13th Jesse's Charger showed up on eBay. I was able to reach him through the seller's account. He explained his situation and assured me that the shirts and hosting bill would be paid for with the money from the car. He seemed disappointed at the way people were talking about him and said he wasn't sure about spending much time on the site because of the attitudes.
* Once the site came back up he also gave me all the passwords and access to everything on the web server. We talked again via email for several days while upgrading the forum to the latest software release and performing other updates. We even discussed adding memory to help combat the slow page loads. The board was much faster at that point and we decided to hold off on any hardware upgrades. Jesse apologized about the shirts and his absence from the site and explained that the money from the car would get him out of a financial jam. He even offered some decals for sale and some free t-shirt contests. Everyone was happy again.
* His last login was May 8th.
* Went to the Chryslers at Carlisle show in July and met Chris for the first time and Neil again. We discussed the site, Chargers, and had a great time.
* On July 13th the site performed its last vanishing act. It was due to non-payment of the hosting bill again. I spoke to Beth and she assured me that she could get the site turned back on (the one thing I had no control over was money). Days went by and I heard nothing else. I spoke to Chris and Neil and everyone was feeling a bit used and frustrated after all we had been through. We agreed to keep trying though.
* The next weekend I had lost all hope of seeing the site restored. I ran the idea past Chris and Neil that maybe it was time for a fresh start. On July 18, 2005 at 01:50:44 AM I made the first post on this new site and Neil was already online. As far as I know, none of us has heard from Jesse in that time and the old site is still out of commission.
* All in all, Jesse was practically gone for the last 18+ months that the site was running.

In all of my contact with Jesse he treated me well and seemed like a genuine type of guy. I never asked about his personal life because I didn't feel like I needed to know about it to survive. One thing to remember is that, without him, most of us would have never met and probably wouldn't be here today. He put in countless hours and a lot of his own money into giving us a place to discuss our favorite cars. The sheer amount of features on the site becomes a bit overwhelming when I try to duplicate them. I do not agree with outcome of the t-shirt orders. However, many people used his own site for over 7 months to blast him about what was going on. It's been 9 months - I don't intend to allow it to drag on forever. I think that's everything and I hope that's a fair accounting of how things occurred.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.