News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jessie from dodge-charger.com

Started by Charged, August 27, 2005, 06:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charged

I know this might be a touchy issue, but I just dont understand. What was the deal with Jessie (charger) and dodge-charger.com? Ive heard so many tales of him ripping people off and this and that, but I just cant see that happening. Can somebody enlighten me here? What exactly did he do...if anything? After spending 4-5 years on that site, VERY regularily...I kinda would like to know what happened. But so far, Ive been left without an answer, and Im sure many others have been as well. Kinda like to have closure on it.

If you like, feel free to private message me your thoughts.

Thanks
Charged

bull

Nobody knows really what happened to him personally. All we know here is that he took money for a bunch of T-shirt orders that were never delivered and he took donations to run this site and then ignored the site comepletely. He then went AWOL and told nobody anything. The site imploded, very few people got any T-shirts and we haven't heard a word of explanation from Jesse for about 8 months. That's it in a nutshell.

JR

Didn't he also sell his 68 Charger on Ebay??
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

bull

Telvis

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1968 Charger B5

i was wondering what happenmed to that site for ahwile i couldnt figure out what happened, or if my computer sucked......that stinks about the old site people loosing some cash and what not......so whos in charge of this site now?
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

Silver R/T

troy is with help of CP and others

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

did anyone ever get any of the decals Jessie was advertising?..

TruckDriver

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 28, 2005, 07:16:46 PM

I think that was another fund Jesse advertisment.

I am just waiting for Jesse to show his face here..................... THAT will be interesting! :popcrn:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

twilt

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 28, 2005, 07:16:46 PM
:lolexplode:     heres a couple  for Jesse :moon: :nutkick:

TheGhost

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on August 28, 2005, 07:23:42 PMI am just waiting for Jesse to show his face here..................... THAT will be interesting! :popcrn:

Don't hold your breath.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Steve P.

I don;t KNOW this,,,, but I think the only thing that could have turned Jesse that way is drugs.. Again,, I DON"T know this. What else would put a spin in a guys head like that??

He loved his site.
He loved his car.
He was on every day for most of the time..
The last year or so it all fell apart.. He sold his soul in my opinion..

It's really a damn shame..  Jesse was a good friend to many of us.. He obviously made some bad decisions and I'm sure he isn't just out having the time of his life on a few bucks that were sent in..

Maybe this should just be put to bed..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TruckDriver

Quote from: Steve P. on August 28, 2005, 09:46:20 PM
I don;t KNOW this,,,, but I think the only thing that could have turned Jesse that way is drugs.. Again,, I DON"T know this. What else would put a spin in a guys head like that??

He loved his site.
He loved his car.
He was on every day for most of the time..
The last year or so it all fell apart.. He sold his soul in my opinion..

I thought of that a long time ago, I have seen it happen a few times to friends. I was afraid to say it though because of all his supporters.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Steve P.

Well,,,, I also heard that he IS a member here.. Of course he has changed his name and info.. :icon_smile_wink:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

In memory of Craig Denham 2005
-------------------

Wakko

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 28, 2005, 03:48:44 PM
hmm this gonna be interesting

No offense, but I disagree.  There's been no new information on Jesse in months.  Even Troy hasn't heard from him last time someone asked him.  Honestly, what's done is done..can't we just leave it alone?   I think Troy added this smiley specifically for Jesse threads: :horse:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Silver R/T

no it was about 06 turd, hmm any news about new '06 'charger' lol just kidding

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charged

Quote from: Wakko on August 29, 2005, 12:38:12 AM
..can't we just leave it alone?   I think Troy added this smiley specifically for Jesse threads: :horse:

Dude I dont know if Im mistaken, but Im damn near taking that personally...offensively. So look here champ, I was there something around 4-5 years. I spent many hours there. And I met alot of people there. I slacked off during the final days because of outside reasons...priorities more important than chillin on a website. So I missed what happened. I was never told and never heard anything about it other than shaky rumors.

I think the oldtimers deserve an oppurtunity to get closure as to why that site died. Including newcomers who thought alot of it. And to do this all without having some jackass be a jackass about it. As a matter of fact, Ive recieved a couple P.M.'s already telling me that when I hear something about it, to let them know. So keep your mouth shut, eat your donuts, and allow some of us to find this out. Im leaving this as this and only this, to say no more to you about it. So sit your ass right there in that seat, cut the keyboard wire and bitch about it to your wife and kids.

Charged

Wakko

Quote from: Charged on August 29, 2005, 01:02:17 AM
Dude I dont know if Im mistaken, but Im damn near taking that personally...offensively. So look here champ, I was there something around 4-5 years. I spent many hours there. And I met alot of people there. I slacked off during the final days because of outside reasons...priorities more important than chillin on a website. So I missed what happened. I was never told and never heard anything about it other than shaky rumors.

I think the oldtimers deserve an oppurtunity to get closure as to why that site died. Including newcomers who thought alot of it. And to do this all without having some jackass be a jackass about it. As a matter of fact, Ive recieved a couple P.M.'s already telling me that when I hear something about it, to let them know. So keep your mouth shut, eat your donuts, and allow some of us to find this out. Im leaving this as this and only this, to say no more to you about it. So sit your ass right there in that seat, cut the keyboard wire and bitch about it to your wife and kids.

Charged

Settle down over there.  My post was not directed at you for asking about the old site or Jesse, but to the people that just keep rehashing the same stuff over and over again.  Would I like to know where my money went?  Of course.  Would I like to know if Jesse is being an asshole or just dealing with some hard times we don't know about?  Of course.  The fact remains that no new information has been provided by ANYONE in months.  I'm sure if someone hears from him that we'll all know about it in enough time it takes to type it out.  This site does have a search button that will bring up other posts asking these same questions, I suggest that we ALL use it.   As far as you attempting to make a personal attack on me simply because you misinterpret my post, I don't have a wife, I don't have kids, my keyboard is wireless and I don't eat donuts.  Let's rise above that stuff, ok?   Here, have a beer.  :)   :cheers:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

itsbacon

donut jokes never get old. copper.

Steve P.

Wow,,, I was writing Charged a funny/nasty note... I think he would have gotten a kick out of it, but your answer just made mine look stupid... Good thing the site tells you that someone just blew all your funny shit out the window..

Oh well,, have one on me too..... :cheers:

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

8WHEELER

I went to several car shows with Jesse and his wife at the time, and he was a great guy and very nice
and loved Chargers as much as anybody here. Then the breakup, he lost his wife his child his place to
live his income and no computer access, then having to sell his car. If that happend to me I don't know
that I would handle it well, so I hope to hell it never happens.

I am not saying I am still in his corner but I along with others would like to talk to him and really see what
is going on, and yes I paid $80+ dollars for four T-Shirts and never got them like many others and
I am at this point not happy about that for sure, INMO he should had at least sent the T-Shirts out
regardless of the website issues.

I am sure we will never see or hear from him again, after the death threats he was getting before the
site went down, like I said I am upset about the shirts as well but getting death threats will really make
a guy think and maybe just say to hell with the hole thing like it seems to have done compounded 
with everything in his personal life as well. I wish the site could come back and he could come back
but boy at this point I sure don't see how that could happen.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

FastbackJon

Hmmm...

From what I remember (in a nutshell)...

Site was running great.
Jesse was online almost every day, very active, working a decent job in management, had a good girlfriend.
Jesse gets bunch of orders for shirts.
Then he left his girlfriend for another girl.
Quit his decent paying job to not work.
Moved into another house with irregular computer/internet access.
Site starts having domain problems, but they get corrected.
People wondering where shirts are, some people are mad, Jesse not around.
Jesse runs low on cash (has irregular/no job) comes online to sell his '68 440 Charger R/T clone on eBay
Visits the website, explains a little bit about what has happened, apologizes, promises the shirts will be sent right out, people are relieved
Also puts up a couple "freebie" posts, for people to guess a certain amount of something to win a prize
Car sells for over $15,000 to some guy in the Seattle area
Jesse disappears off the website again
Website goes offline (the most recent time)
Jesse (still irregular/no work) has no cash to fix it, asks former girlfriend to pay, that person doesn't have cash for it either
Website stays offline
People flock to cuda-challenger and the 70 registry and other boards
Troy tries to fix and can't fix the old site, so he starts this one and older people drift in
Jesse recently started new business selling stuff for other people on eBay
Still hasn't sent out shirts or got back on those prize threads
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV