News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen charger guys post your pics

Started by mikesbbody, December 03, 2006, 07:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Yea, the silver wheels look better.  :Twocents:

mikesbbody

I agree with Foreman and ACUDA the silver wheels look better IMO have you thought of going for a 17 front and a 18 rear? have you thought of going wider in the rear like 275 or wider?
Awesome 72 btw along the lines of what I want to do with my 72  :2thumbs:

defiance

I disagree - I think the black ones look better if you only consider the wheels.  The grey/silver look better in the pics, but only because they've got a lot more sidewall on the tires.  If you got some meatier tires on the black ones, I think that would be a much better look overall.  Thin sidewall tires just don't look right on these cars, IMO. 

charger_cody

Quote from: defiance on February 17, 2010, 07:49:55 AM
I disagree - I think the black ones look better if you only consider the wheels.  The grey/silver look better in the pics, but only because they've got a lot more sidewall on the tires.  If you got some meatier tires on the black ones, I think that would be a much better look overall.  Thin sidewall tires just don't look right on these cars, IMO. 

Agreed.  :yesnod:

mikesbbody

I think if the silver ones were black, then that would be better still  :Twocents: I dont like the spinner things on the black wheels I agree with defiance about the tires I like 50 plus sidewalls 40-45 can be ok but prefer more if possible. 72Charger400 do you have the specs on the black wheels width and backspace etc? thanks  :2thumbs:

SG1022

72Charger400

Quote from: mikesbbody on February 17, 2010, 05:31:05 PM
I disagree - I think the black ones look better if you only consider the wheels.  The grey/silver look better in the pics, but only because they've got a lot more sidewall on the tires.  If you got some meatier tires on the black ones, I think that would be a much better look overall.  Thin sidewall tires just don't look right on these cars, IMO.  

I think if the silver ones were black, then that would be better still  :Twocents: I don't like the spinner things on the black wheels I agree with defiance about the tires I like 50 plus sidewalls 40-45 can be ok but prefer more if possible. 72Charger400 do you have the specs on the black wheels width and backspace etc? thanks  :2thumbs:
Hey guys thanks for the input. Both tires are about 27" tall but, the wheel to tire/ratio on the silver ones look better. For bigger than stock wheels 17's are probably the best and 18's are the limit IMO. The silver wheels are 05 Mustang Gt wheels and the black ones are 09 Bullitt Wheels. The Gt's are 8" wide with a 6.295" backspacing and a 1.771 (45) offset and the Bullitts are 8.5" wide and have an 6.82" Backspacing and a 1.968" (50mm) offset. I had to use a 2'' adapter to make either of the wheels fit. The cars been sitting with the silvers for a long time so i had to switch it up a little.(For motivational purposes) :lol: Im undecided on which looks better, i like the classic look of the silver but the black is more aggressive. Also I plan to put on wider tires with taller sidewalls in the future, but these tires haven't even been driven on so they stay for now. I've been trying to find a cool center cap for a while if you have any ideas let me know.
1972 Dodge Charger 400 C.i
1964 Dodge Polara

defiance

It's all good - I'm in a similar boat.  I love my black wheels, but my tires are too low profile...  but they're goign to stay that way for now :)  Next time I'll get them a bit fatter.

monkele

On the final lane......  :cheers:

71383bee

71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

mikesbbody

I've always loved your Charger JPL very cool  :2thumbs:

Scotty Dave

JPL

Quote from: mikesbbody on February 20, 2010, 04:14:24 PM

Thanks, and as you can tell, I love to post the pics! :smilielol:

mikesbbody

Quote from: JPL on February 20, 2010, 05:18:24 PM
Quote from: mikesbbody on February 20, 2010, 04:14:24 PM

Thanks, and as you can tell, I love to post the pics! :smilielol:

That's what this thread is for keep em coming  :2thumbs:

monkele

It still goes on.....  :icon_smile_big:

russg

Just realized I hadn't posted my car in here yet.. 73 SE with 383.  Very reliable fun weekend car that I tinker with when I can.  Hopefully paint this Spring.. can't decide if I want to stay with this color combo or go to flat / hot rod black.

73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

mikesbbody

Nice 73 russg  :2thumbs: you say it hasn't been posted here before, but I'm sure I have seen it in another thread? or am I thinking of another Charger?

russg

I've been posting on the forums.. just forgot to add my pic to this 3rd gen thread. Thanks!
73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

mikesbbody

russg, maybe I saw it in your avatar in another thread you posted in I love the black wheels, and the white stripe  :2thumbs:

oldrock

those wheels look alot like my son's 72 charger. I've always like the black wheels on white cars but looks really good against the red color scheme too  :2thumbs:

Quote from: russg on February 21, 2010, 03:25:50 PM
Just realized I hadn't posted my car in here yet.. 73 SE with 383.  Very reliable fun weekend car that I tinker with when I can.  Hopefully paint this Spring.. can't decide if I want to stay with this color combo or go to flat / hot rod black.

JohnnyBee

mikesbbody

I never get tired of seeing your Bee Johnny  :2thumbs: for those that don't know, Johnny has his own site 71superbee.com and it's fricken awesome! he also has a yellow 71 Bee and I think... (correct me if I'm wrong johnny) a 3rd 71 Bee?

Wicked72

Beautiful beasts! I cant wait to get mine posted when completed. Ill be posting a build thread very soon tho!  :eek2:
:drool5: :popcrn: keepem coming!
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Khyron

AHHHHHHHHHHH! it's comming right at us!!!!!!!!!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.