News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

500 Final back after two years in body shop prison

Started by XXHEMI, December 10, 2006, 03:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXHEMI

Quote from: hpmike on January 24, 2007, 10:05:43 PM
Where's the motor and trans?? :-*
You know Mike I keep asking myself the same question. How long can it take to build a motor! Is it done yet??

69_500

hpmike

Here is a useful tip...

Make sure that the engine is completed right before it is to be put in the car.   I have seen too many fresh motors have problems from sitting around, while the car is process of restoration.  Stuck valves, valve spring issues, dust/sand getting into motor, rings sticking,etc.

Don't worry Ed,,, we are right on schedule.. Would have been easier if I wasn't doing all these darn A12 6 pack motors :icon_smile_dead:

69_500

right on schedule? How long was the schedule? Just kidding.

XXHEMI

Quote from: hpmike on January 25, 2007, 08:30:53 PM
Here is a useful tip...

Make sure that the engine is completed right before it is to be put in the car.   I have seen too many fresh motors have problems from sitting around, while the car is process of restoration.  Stuck valves, valve spring issues, dust/sand getting into motor, rings sticking,etc.

Don't worry Ed,,, we are right on schedule.. Would have been easier if I wasn't doing all these darn A12 6 pack motors :icon_smile_dead:
Mike I am sorry for all the pressure! But I going to act like one of my customers! I want what I want and I want it know! Only kidding you are doing a great job! Anyone in the Northeast that needs HP work done Mike is the man to see. I know its not a Charger but he has put my A12 Roadrunner where no man has gone before with a wedge motor and redline tires 11.38@123MPH He's amazing ! Anyone out there thats tired of the same old car show stuff needs to look into F.A.S.T Racing lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no Chargers out there yet?? Sorry for changing the subject.

firefighter3931

Quote from: XXHEMI on January 27, 2007, 08:55:52 PM
Mike I am sorry for all the pressure! But I going to act like one of my customers! I want what I want and I want it know! Only kidding you are doing a great job! Anyone in the Northeast that needs HP work done Mike is the man to see. I know its not a Charger but he has put my A12 Roadrunner where no man has gone before with a wedge motor and redline tires 11.38@123MPH He's amazing ! Anyone out there thats tired of the same old car show stuff needs to look into F.A.S.T Racing lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no Chargers out there yet?? Sorry for changing the subject.

Nice A-12, beautiful and FAST.......no pun intended  ;)

Didn't Dwayne massage the heads and spec out the custom roller ?

Ron

Ps. Nice job on the 500  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69_500

So Ed, why don't you run one of your 500's in FAST now that you have 2 again?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: XXHEMI on January 27, 2007, 08:55:52 PM
There is no Chargers out there yet?? Sorry for changing the subject.

Woah there Ed!   Well OK technically no Chargers in the F.A.S.T. class but last November I was in the Factory Stock class @ E-Town remember?  I came in 12th outh of 25 or so cars in the class  :cheers:
It is truely amazing what can be done to these cars to run on skinny bias ply tires.  Mike definately has the touch when it comes to pumping up these cars to do it at the track.  I'm sure the motor for the 500 will be killer as well.....gonna run that car in the class as well?

I had a blast at that race.  Sadly I didnt get to see much of the F.A.S.T. class run because we were always in the staging lanes behind you.  They definately need to have a day by itself...waaaaayy too many Corvettes & Mustangs running as well.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XXHEMI

I did run the T5 charger at one of the local FAST races. But that was a one time deal. .Numbers matching motor 4spd ? I need to keep those cars in one piece. It ran a 14.22 @101 MPH ?? needs some tuning! Chris sorry I forgot about you racing your Charger it does look like it belongs on the track though! And Ron yes Dwanye did his magic on the heads. I think he picked us up 50hp. Hope to get a mopar closer to the front of the pack this year. :yesnod:

69_500

Hoping to see a Mopar up at the front of the field this year in FAST.

And hoping to get a glance of the R6 500 once you get it all completed.

firefighter3931

Quote from: XXHEMI on January 28, 2007, 02:10:10 PM
And Ron yes Dwanye did his magic on the heads. I think he picked us up 50hp. Hope to get a mopar closer to the front of the pack this year. :yesnod:

Thanks for the confirmation Ed.....i remember reading something to that effect in a thread on Moparts.  :yesnod:

Good luck this year.....hope you crack the 10.9x barrier with the A-12.  :icon_smile_cool: That would be amazing given the intake & exhaust manifold limitations, not to mention the skinny bias plies. Talk about mission impossible ! That car is just so cool !  :devil:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

XXHEMI

Does anyone have an NOS or close to NOS passanger side headlight bezel. I have two extra  drivers sides if anyone needs

Thanks Ed

69_500

Which part of the bezel are you talking about Ed? Just curious? I have some spare parts for a 500 grille in my garage.

XXHEMI

Quote from: 69_500 on January 29, 2007, 06:55:21 PM
Which part of the bezel are you talking about Ed? Just curious? I have some spare parts for a 500 grille in my garage.

I need the head light suround

69_500

I'll look tomorrow in my garage. I think I have an entire grille assembly in the garage. You don't need the extension piece that goes from the bezel to the fender do you? I know I don't have one of those. And I know that I don't have the rubber piece that goes over that extension. If I'm not mistaken I thought that Charger Aficianado had an entire extra grille for a 500 as well.

XXHEMI

A little progress. Hemi's in!

XXHEMI

Another

XXHEMI

daytonalo

What brand engine paint did you use ? Did you use clear on it or not ?

XXHEMI

I used the Early Hemi PPG stuff that Badalson sells. But I did use a hardener (he does not recomend) which does make it glossy. But much easier to keep clean. After start up it will tone down (I hope).

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tan top

:bow: wow .......... looking real nice....  awesome job :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69_500

Looking good Ed.

What are your intentions with this 500? Are you going to run it in FAST? Or show it? Or just have it to enjoy and drive? You have too many choices considering you already have another very nice 500 as well.

XXHEMI

No FAST intended for this one. I will bring to all the big shows though.

FJMG

Real quality work, beautiful car. I noticed that your 500 has 2 battery cooling holes. Is this common for 500's? Most daytonas (but not all) that I have seen, seem to have only one. I had inquired about this on the "my smart old man thread".