News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bulb holders for back of dash. Where can I find them and a few other things

Started by Spartan, August 30, 2005, 05:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

I stripped down my instrument cluster, removing all the switches and lights before I sent it out for restoraton.  I see one of my bulb holders that twist into the back of the dash has a broken tab and is not seating properly.  Where can I find a replacement for these things? Its just one that is broke.  I will probably replace all the bulbs since I have them out. 

I also saw my dash dimmer switch has some green build up on the copper spring that rides along the electrode when you spin the knob.  Is this going to cause some resistance/heat and what can I clean them up with?

Since I have the light switch, wiper etc, is there any more work/cleaning/lubricating that needs to be done to these items before I get the cluster back?

Thanks in advance.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

8WHEELER

I had the Clock Doc in TN do a couple of my dash face & gauge rebiuld, they do great work and have
those twist in bulb holders there, most of these out fits have them give your place a call they probably
have them as well or could get some. I also got some off ebay.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Spartan

Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

71_deputy

as for the bulb holders- there is gotta be a auto scrap yard near ya with thousands of the things.  take your broken one and happy hunting!!
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

blackcharger

Quote from: 71_deputy on August 31, 2005, 07:03:05 AM
as for the bulb holders- there is gotta be a auto scrap yard near ya with thousands of the things.   take your broken one and happy hunting!!

if not, give me a shout, I've got extras. cost of shipping.
  Dave    LL675@aol.com

Spartan

I'll try to find them.  I take it they are the same that are used in other madels too.  Thanks guys.

blackcharger

Nacho-RT74

Buddy they are used on A LOT of cars, so look at your local parts dealer shop. I can find them here even on gas stations stores.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

8WHEELER

Keep in mind while looking for them there are 2 different sizes, take your old one with you.
I have never found one the correct size in any parts store...........

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Spartan

Chryco Psycho

use a scotch brite pad to clean the coil in the dimmer / headlight switch

Spartan

Ya, I noticed mine had dirt and green copper build up.  One thing I found on my headlight swich was one prong was loose. The little clips on each side are loose too.  Anyone ever had this problem or how to fix it?  I know the switch works but the prong I can push in and out.  I am assuming the small "L" shaped pices wedge the prong in position but I cannot push them in enough to hold the prong in place.

Spartan

On these holders, NAPA here had replacements so I I tried them out and it fit great.

cudaken

Dave, you got mail.

Mine the tab's broke off.

Cuda Ken
I am back

bad1032

Spartan

Ya, 5/8 is what I purchased.  I saw Texas Acres had some listed on the website for $3 ea. Figures I find it after I went out and found some new.