News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Talladega restoration pictures

Started by jonw29, December 26, 2006, 11:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

You're going to just tease us with those little thumbnails?

jonw29

I will try to post more.I am not the most computer literate person.I am however very pleased with the results.It is a tribute to my body guy,he is very picky and a stickler for the small things.The was that you see it is after being painted on fri,base/clear and not yet rubbed out.

jonw29

More

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

Quote from: BigBlockSam on April 14, 2008, 09:58:23 PM
looks goooooooooooooood!  :2thumbs:

Looks very good!   :2thumbs:

Has anyone started a thread on this Talledega meet in 2009 yet?  I'm planning on being there with my C500.   :yesnod:

I owe pettybird (Doug) a bottle of antifreeze.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemigeno

Jon,

Good to see the car progressing - looks great also!

Thanks for posting the update/pictures, we're gluttons for stuff like that around here... :yesnod:

tan top

:yesnod: looks nice ..like the color  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger_Fan

Man, that's beautiful! :drool5:

Thanks for the larger pics too, those thumbnails were killin' me.  :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

jonw29

Be patient with me and the pictures.I am a rookie when it comes to posting photos.Thanks very much for the compliments,I tip my hat to my body guy.He has put in a ton of work.350 hrs of body work and 367 of metal work.He has put a complete floor,trunk area,tail light panel and a roof.If I did not have the original eng/trans I would have thrown the towel in long ago.I told him that I only had the money to do it ! time and I wanted it as good as I could get it,I am more than happy thus far.As I have stated he put a lot of work into the metal/body work and the paint looks good.The only thing that I have done is chase parts and send him the money.I will post more as progress continues.Jon Wood

jonw29

I am going to leave work early on fri and go to pick up my car.It is ready for me at assemble.I have a pretty good idea where every spare moment and satuday will be spent. :yesnod:

jonw29

Home at last.My last post did not work out as planned.But now it is home and the fun begins.I am going to leave on thus for Carlisle All Ford this weekend.I am 42 and it is my 1st trip.Pretty sad huh!!!.After I get back I start reassembly.

jonw29

The reality has set in.The  :drool5: and :icon_smile_big: that I felt when I first brought my car home has now turned to  :flame: , :brickwall:, :'( and :shruggy:.The things that I did not see or could not see after paint have reared their ugly head during reassembly.I have to ask GOD for help to handle it in the correct way with my body guy.

moparstuart

I hope he takes care of you and makes it right , Have you aproached him yet  ?

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jonw29

I have not yet.I was soooo furiuos last night when I found it,I would have strangled him with my bare hands.I am going to make sure that I don't find anything other surprises.I had to cut the 1/4 ext off of it.He had seam seales those to the car.I had to take them off in order to put on a gimp mldg and a piece of chrome.He does a super job on Mopars (this is his bread and butter)it was his 1st Ford.I saw the type of work that he did and I chose him.If he takes care of these,I will have no problem.

notabird

it doesn't matter what he usually works on ,
that just isnt right.

jonw29

You are right.I just did not understand why the 1/4 ext was adhered to the body knowing that there was a mldg to go on it.Its puzzling

bzabodyn

that is inexcusable after the reported 700+ hours of metal/body work... good luck and hopefully he makes this right for you and gets you the end result he should have in the first place - I'm sure you paid him a pretty penny...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

jonw29

Aero426

4speed

that what i don't understand people who do that kind sh@! really gets me mad iam in the same business,the guy i work for he and i worry so much about making every last thing rite on the car inside and out of the car so when people get there car home they don't find any surprises,hope you get things taking care of good luck,harold

4speed

Quote from: jonw29 on July 10, 2008, 09:02:32 AM
I have not yet.I was soooo furiuos last night when I found it,I would have strangled him with my bare hands.I am going to make sure that I don't find anything other surprises.I had to cut the 1/4 ext off of it.He had seam seales those to the car.I had to take them off in order to put on a gimp mldg and a piece of chrome.He does a super job on Mopars (this is his bread and butter)it was his 1st Ford.I saw the type of work that he did and I chose him.If he takes care of these,I will have no problem.
it doesn't matter wether its a ford,mopar,chevy body work is body work we do mopars to but some times some thing else come in and we treat it the same way and to be honest you try to look at it as if was your car,heres couple of pics of to we dun 68 hemi bee QQ1 ,71 gto covert 455 4speed azteck gold thanks harold

jonw29

4SPEED I feel the same way.What sets a restoration apart is the preperation of things are not seen.I am making sure that I don't have any other surprises and I will contact him.JW

jonw29

My comment that I made about my body guy that he usually does Mopars and this was his first Ford may been misunderstood.He has undercoated and seam sealed as a Dodge would have been.The work that he did is great.

4speed

JW please keep us imform on this an keep the pics coming on this cool car,thanks harold

jonw29

You and your guys do some very nice work by the way.JW