News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Talladega restoration pictures

Started by jonw29, December 26, 2006, 11:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4speed

THANKS,AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR Talladega,Harold

4speed

how are things going.waiting to here :popcrn:

jonw29

I have been on vac this week.I am also making sure that I find no more surprises.JW

jonw29

This is in response to Charger Fan comment about the bumpers.The Ft and RR started out as the same.It was cut into # pcs and re-welded.I finally got my bumper out of storage and was able to take a picture.Sorry it took ssoooooo long.Jon Wood

moparstuart

anyluck with your body man ?    :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jonw29

I am planning to take it over there next sat.I have to work this wk.It is about an hr from my house.Jon Wood

Aero426

Nice photo of the bumper and how it goes together,  Jon.   

pettybird

I get the center cut, but are those cuts or reinforcements by the bracket mounts? 

jonw29

If I am not mistaken.Some had to be taken out to tuck it in at the fenders.It is a pretty tight fit.Also 2 tabs had to be welded in at the top where if the bumper were still on the rear the 1/4 ext would pass through.I will get a picture of it as well.Jon Wood

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Highbanked Hauler

Hey 4speed, when you do a unibody like that Coronet do you paint the underside,inside and under the hood first, then put the tin on and bag everything or do you paint  everything all at once ?? When I did my Charger I did just the outside and even with hot weather reducer it was a problem keeping the clear wet,thats why I ask???  Al :icon_smile_question:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

jonw29

Here is a picture of my ft bumper that was modified.

jonw29

This one is of the un-modified one.

pettybird

wild...I never knew there was that much engineering to it!

jonw29

Quote from: jonw29 on July 10, 2008, 08:08:23 AM
The reality has set in.The  :drool5: and :icon_smile_big: that I felt when I first brought my car home has now turned to  :flame: , :brickwall:, :'( and :shruggy:.The things that I did not see or could not see after paint have reared their ugly head during reassembly.I have to ask GOD for help to handle it in the correct way with my body guy.
This is the week.I am taking my car back to my body guy for the repairs that were documented earlier.I have tried not to be pushy.I wanted it fixed,in a timely manner,I still have to get it back finish re-assembly and engine assembly before NOV 1.Here we go.JW

jonw29

I have a ? for the body experts here on the forum.Would you guys TIG in the repair panel?I don't want to MIG because the car is already painted.Thanks for all of your help.

jonw29

I was FINALLY able to get my car back to my body guy.He apologized 100 times and said he could not believe that he missed it.I also pointed out a few other areas that I had questions about and he affirmed that he would take care of those as well.I have 11 months to get it together and an going to try to take it back 1 saturday and pick it up the next.I am also going to stress about my timeframe and allow me to be finished in time for the reunion.Thanks guys for all of your support and input.JW

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Rolling_Thunder

its good the guy is willing to stand by his work -  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

:yesnod:  Sure is, seems like we've heard too many stories lately about places like Premier Plastics and BK Auto.

69_500

Side note here, but I just noticed yesterday at Walmart but they have a Hotwheel of a Talladega. I didn't know they were doing those. My 5 year old son is the one who saw it first, and said "Look a Talladega Dad". I shook my head, then looked and sure enough there sat a red Talladega in the hotwheel package.

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on December 03, 2008, 08:16:01 PM
Side note here, but I just noticed yesterday at Walmart but they have a Hotwheel of a Talladega. I didn't know they were doing those. My 5 year old son is the one who saw it first, and said "Look a Talladega Dad". I shook my head, then looked and sure enough there sat a red Talladega in the hotwheel package.

yeah dummy me forgot to post that they're out...   I have like 4 of them.  i really, really want them to make them in white! 

they actually did a very nice job with the car, unlike the wings...

WINGR

I found the red one a week or so ago and this morning found the blue one. The red is definitely not the same as the original maroon but the blue is a little closer. Could sure use some stock car  or stock Dega wheels though.

jonw29

I got my car back from the body guy yesterday.I am real happy with the work.Now comes the thrash to get it ready by my 10/28 departure day to Alabama.I will post some pictures as soon as I can.Here we go.JW

Aero426

Quote from: jonw29 on March 12, 2009, 01:10:32 PM
I got my car back from the body guy yesterday.I am real happy with the work.Now comes the thrash to get it ready by my 10/28 departure day to Alabama.I will post some pictures as soon as I can.Here we go.JW

Hi Jon, glad to hear the final fix has been made.   Pics when you can.