News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 grill repair

Started by Paul 500, April 03, 2007, 02:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 500

Whats the best way to repair this missing bit in the grill.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

bordin34

Is a credit card about the same thickness? You can paint one black and epoxy it in there. I dont know if it will work but sounds good to me.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Nacho-RT74

:iagree:
I was thinking about the same... I have done similar jobs.

If you don't have an old credit/debit card, a telephonic card will work too... or double card layer, or single card with a bondo coat.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

kab69440

I'd get another grille and not worry about it. The 68 Coronet center sections go for about 30-50 bucks on eBay.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Ghoste

Except when they advertise them as 69 Hemi Charger 500 grilles.  Those few words seem to increase the value immensely even at swap meets.  :rotz:
(sorry, my cynical side was out this morning and yes, I know they are the same grille, I'm ranting about sellers descriptions)

Paul 500

I know they always list them as charger 500 grills but you can tell the difference between the two.
500 grills are not bent as much as coronet ones, they are more flater and the surround round the headlights are painted all black, on coronet the cross bits are silver.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

Paul 500

The difference
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500