News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

360 question ???

Started by Highbanked Hauler, April 08, 2007, 06:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Roughly  How much  HP. can you get out of a 360 CI. if you go nutty and just build it for the track.?? :image_294343:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

golden73

If you stroke a 360 you can get a lot of power out of them. I have seen builds that get 550+hp. But at the point you should start worrying about the integrety of the block.

Chryco Psycho

with an R3 block & stroker kit 700 +

Challenger340

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 11, 2007, 01:03:10 AM
with an R3 block & stroker kit 700 +

You mean like this Engine ?

This one is back for it's 300 pull interval freshening. 408 Cubic Inch R-3 Block, INDY heads @ 685 H.P. Carbed only.
I'll put it next to a "stock" 360 block that is prepped/stroked to 408 inch, with main girdle, for comparison.[/img]
[/img]

See the differences ?
If you're thinking of approaching this H.P. level, the R3 Blocks are the only way to go. I put the "stock" type prepped block in just for comparisons, but really, I only build the stock blocks to around the 550 H.P. level.
Must past that, and it's not "if", but "when" they'll let go.

Either way, find somebody who knows Mopars to machine & build, PERIOD, they ain't a "cheb" !
Also the Different Piston & Rod combos, RACE Vrs. "pump gas" streeter.[/img]
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Highbanked Hauler

Yea,  685 HP would do it and then some. My idea is to get around the HP of a NASCAR Hemi.  Something that can push a 3900 lb.  69 Charger stock car  180 MPH  and no don't ask why because I don't have a logical answer yet. :icon_smile_tongue:.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Challenger340

OK, I won't ask "why", but I will ask "what for" ?

Where can a guy go that fast ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Highbanked Hauler

Fair enough, as you have probably already figured I am NOT an engine builder. :rotz: I am building a"  vintage stock car" replica out of a 68 Charger body and though a Hemi would look correct the cost would be  prohibitive and as I understand you and others have said you can get brutal HP out of a small block. I may be wrong but I think there is an interest comming up in "old" race cars. A guy I know has to do with Road Atlanta and he said they have vintage car races which draws a lot of interest.Ultimately I would like to  be able to get out on an oval track and be able to run a few hot laps.If it happens great, if it don't,  O well it was fun anyway.    Thanks for putting up the pix of the two blocks, its that type of stuff I am not familiar with.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

mikepmcs

ssshhhaaaaaabbboinnnngggoinngggoinnggggoinnggg!!!!!!!!!!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?