News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Center Console

Started by joflaig, April 26, 2007, 09:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joflaig

Every 1969 Charger R/T I see almost always has a center console. I've found a nice one for sale w/out the console. This seems to be rare, but in terms of value I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Any MOPAR buffs know the history of console?

resq302

All chargers came with bucket seats.  The console was an optional equipment item at additional cost.  The other option was a buddy seat.  Consoles seem to be preferred over the buddy seat but to me either one is cool. :yesnod:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Of the cars I have registered with full tag info, the ratio of console to non-console cars in my registry is 575 (console) to 158 (non-console)

Welcome to the site & register the 69 :wave:

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

I don't believe there is a big price difference between the two. I do believe the console is more desireable (atleast for the floor shift), but in most cases I don't think it makes a car easier to sell. Unless two similarly equipped cars are presented with that being the only difference.