News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger Front GRILLE Repair

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, June 22, 2007, 03:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do I repaira front grille for a 69 Charger?

Buy a new piece for 400.00
9 (28.1%)
zFix it yerself !!!
23 (71.9%)

Total Members Voted: 32

GeneralLeeTESH

:cheers: OK-I bet a lot of you 69 Charger guys DO NOT want to pay 375.00 plus 25.00 shipping on a new PLASTIC center grille piece. Well- Repair it then!. ABS plastic loves being married to Fibreglass and BONDO!

Step 1:  Take the good half of the grille, stick aluminum foil on front of the good side and pour 1/2" thick BONDO. Let this "mold" dry.
NOW-remove ALL the Aluminum foil !!!
Step 2:
Next day-Add fiberglass without the releasing agent! Using a scotch brite wheel,shape the piece of Repair-panel you are making;then, mold it to fit as shown.

Step 3: Fit/glass the new piece into place !

Step 4:
Stay tuned for more pictures (tomorrow ) !!!
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

:2thumbs:Wait-there is more... :2thumbs: :Twocents:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

:o The marriage of Plastic/glass together in 1/8" thickness...

More Pics of progress tomorrow...
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

:2thumbs: nAs my 5 year old Molly says..."Daddy-use POSSICLE Stix"...
O.K.  Here goes.... :scratchchin: :lol: :Twocents: :smilielol:
The TESH

AirborneSilva

70charger_boy

Damn Tesh, why did you let out our little secret???  We could've made millions

Charger_Fan

Popsicle sicks ain't just for popsicles anymore, I guess. :smilielol: Cheaper than a new grille, too. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

TUFCAT

Looks like a lot of work.....  Good thinkin' though  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Chatt69chgr

I don't think I would try what you have done but I applaud your efforts.  It's refreshing to see folks doing things like this.  I really enjoy threads of how folks have tackled restoration issues and solved them to their satisfaction.  Everyone can't pick up the phone and order a $300 or $400 part.  Sometimes, that's where Yankee ingenuity comes in.

GeneralLeeTESH

Got the HEMI emblem embedded within the LEFT Headlight Door. Gettin'er dun... :2thumbs: :cheers:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

more... :eek2:
The TESH

AirborneSilva

GeneralLeeTESH

The TESH

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

Red Ram

Oh...OK. Lots of creativity. Looks like fun.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

GeneralLeeTESH

;)Look- My dotter-Miss Miss Molly en I had to go GOLD Panning down on the creek them Duke Boyz jumped-JUST to AFFORD the fiberglass en BONDO necessary to have Cooter put the General back together for this weekend's race: www.sovren.org
The TESH

TUFCAT

Cute pic of your daughter!!!  :icon_smile_wink: Now, that's cool  ;) ;) ;) Helpin' Good 'Ol' Dad.  :2thumbs:

GeneralLeeTESH

gettin her dun... :cheers:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

:cheers:
Chrome trim is next.
CHECK Out the embedded HEMI emblem in LH Door. It is from the new MAGNUM
for 2006 and available at any CDODGE dealership parts counter for $ 15.00. I simply embedded a small aluminum plate within the HL door and then stuck the emblem on(it comes supplied with double sided sticky tape).
-TESH :scratchchin:
The TESH

Charger-Bodie

looks about 1 million times better good job dude!! :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............