News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So a Hemi for my C500 arrived today........ Updates on page 8

Started by PocketThunder, June 24, 2007, 10:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

Sorry I couldn't stay and see you awaken the giant. That was pretty fun meeting some of the guys. Wish we would have gotten a pic of the front of Pauls house. We had three second gen Chargers and a '66 Impala. Our own little car show. Glad you got it running. Now to get everything else back in it so you can drive it. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Lurker

1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

THE CHARGER PUNK

exterior going to be joe dirt mix match look? thats gonna be 1 neat car to see passing on the highway for sure :yesnod:

PocketThunder

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on July 03, 2007, 11:36:09 AM
exterior going to be joe dirt mix match look? thats gonna be 1 neat car to see passing on the highway for sure :yesnod:

You bet Brewster.. i'm looking for shag carpet for the floors and a footprint gas pedal.  So far i have $120 into the car(minus purchase price ofcourse)  I should have saved that wing i bought from Dane a couple years ago.  Then i could be closer to the Joe Dirt car.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

THE CHARGER PUNK

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: 69_500 on July 02, 2007, 07:42:48 PM
Man talk about fuel economy in a 500, if you drop that 2.76 peg leg behind the /6 you'll be up around 24-26 mpg I'll bet. Cruising in style. :0

And he even has a little aerodynamic help being a C500 over a regular Charger.......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

MsMopar

A slant six! OMYGOD! Well, at least it's on the road. :yesnod: More than I can say for my 500! Congrats my friend.  :2thumbs: Looking forward to seeing you in Milwaukee. I'd like to have my car there too. Just depends on how long it takes to get the Hemi ready for the transplant. MsMopar

PocketThunder

So i made a trip to Wisconsin to my Dads shop where i have my SE parts car parked along with some other crap and i was able to get the things i needed for the C500.  So, i'll keep this on page one with a couple more pics.  Oh and i closed my permit on my house addition so now i am working on the C500 starting Tuesday night.

Paul
in St. Paul

Pic 1:  Got the brake m/c bracket.
Pic 2:  Got a pile of bumpers to sort thru.
Pic 3:  Got a pile of seats to sort thru.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

timmy

PocketThunder

I fit up the drive shaft off of the 4 door coronet and i have two questions.

1)  How far should the center of the u-joint be from the end of the transmission housing?  I'm pretty sure this is a 904 trans on a slant-6.  (There wasnt any other auto trans mated up to a /6 was there?)

2) the u-joint on the back end of the driveshaft is 3-1/4" wide, and i discovered that the dana rear accepts a 4" wide u-joint.  I guess i need to call the driveshaft shop and ask if they have a u-joint saddle(?) for a 4" u-joint and have them cut off the 3-1/4 and weld on a 4".  is this correct?

Paul
in St. Paul

PocketThunder

After some searching on moparts in the tech section guess what i found?  The answers to my questions.   :brickwall:

1) the driveshaft for a dana rear is 1.12" shorter than for a 8-3/4.  So i need to have the driveshaft shop cut this down. 

2) the rear u-joint comes in two sizes, 7260 or 7290, i have the 7260 on my shaft, the dana is a 7290, i can get a conversion u-joint at napa to solve this problem.

Paul
in St. Paul

Howie

I have one of those hilside hemis only the block is aluminum. Drive on! :icon_smile_cool:

moparstuart

that must be one of those australian  hemi's
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

My friend John came over tonight and helped me swap out rear ends.  I put the 8-3/4 peg leg 2:76 in the C500 and the dana will go into the 68.  We got the peg leg in and the u-bolts tightened up and the driveshaft fit perfectly.  So i'm good to go in that dept.  But now the 68 is disabled, but only for another week or so till i can get down to my dads shop next weekend and get the dana cleaned up and gone thru.  Then the 68 should have a little more kick to it.   :2thumbs:

I got the correct accelerator cable in the mail today.  Thanks to Ron (firefighter) and SlantSixDan from the slantsix forum for helping me get the right cable ordered.  :cheers:  So i'm close to driving the C500 out of the garage.  :yesnod:

Paul
in St. Paul

Aero426

Keep it going.    We need to get Danny and Ms. Mopar to bring their cars to MKE and we will have FOUR 500's present.

69_500

4 present? Hmmm, I'm thinking maybe 5. Or do know if Jerry is coming to the show or not? I just figured he would come up with Jim.

73ChargerSE

Dumb question, but are 500 fenders just regular 69 pieces?  Or are they the 70 fenders like the Daytonas?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 73ChargerSE on August 11, 2007, 01:26:41 PM
Dumb question, but are 500 fenders just regular 69 pieces?  Or are they the 70 fenders like the Daytonas?

regular 69 fenders, hood valance ect. grille stuff is the diff. on the front of the car.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69_500

The grille and the A pillar trim are the only 2 unique pieces on the front end of the car. However if you look close at a C500 you will see that the origional headlight brackets are still in these cars behind the Coronet grille.

73ChargerSE

Yeah, I remember seeing some pictures of the regular headlight buckets.  Carry on :)

moparstuart

dumb question here too ??  do they mount right in those regular buckets
???????????????????????????????

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on August 17, 2007, 01:10:20 PM
  dumb question here too ??  do they mount right in those regular buckets
???????????????????????????????

Nope, they mount in the 68 Coronet grille buckets that sit right in front of the regular charger bucket location.  Remember the regular Charger location is recessed back a little.  And the Coronet grill locations is flush with the front of the hood and fenders.

---------------------------------  formerly Mike D style

As of last night I have the brakes bled and working great and the exhaust is in and working great.  I called Haggerty and put Liability on it and increased the agreed value to $25,000.  So Saturday I am driving this out the door for the first time since I bought it from Hans 3½ years ago (already!) 

Paul

moparstuart

ok so my next dumb question is if i buy a 68 coronet grille i will also need buckets to right off that car or is it includes in the grille  ???? sorry not a coronet guy   but want that look on the 69 charger before it get the daytona nose treatment way down the road maybe .   

69_500

glad to hear that your going to be driving the car that soon Paul. Good luck.