News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So a Hemi for my C500 arrived today........ Updates on page 8

Started by PocketThunder, June 24, 2007, 10:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

So Timmy (timmy) stopped by today and dropped off a used hemi for my C500.  :ricky: I bought it from Brian (1hot68) down in Iowa.  It was in a Granny 70 Coronet and only has about 70,000 original miles.  I'm gonna bust ass all summer and try to get my C500 in shape for a drive to Milwaukee for Dougs Aero Car meet.  :yesnod:
It was a column shift car so they sent me a 69 steering column also and i will just hook it up in the C500 and have a column shift.  They also sent the brake lines, fuel lines, gas tank, battery tray, battery, engine wire harness, radiator, driveshaft, exhaust, the whole works.  All i need to do is put new brakes in the dana and it should be mechanically ready.
I'll put the dash back in, glass back in, seats back in and i'm ready for a road trip.  This is gonna be pretty cool.  I thought my C500 was destined for a life of storage for a couple more years but Brian hooked me up with the deal of a century.  thanks!  :2thumbs:

I'll post pics as soon as i get them back.  A London Drug just opened up near my house and i'm waiting for the film to get developed.

Paul
in St. Paul  :punkrocka:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

Oh by the way it has a one barrel carb too, which is kind of odd.  :ahum:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

:coolgleamA:

Ok, i cant take the suspence, here are some pics. :icon_smile_cool: 

Oh and we dont really have a London Drug, just poking fun and Punky Brewster.. :poke:    :smilielol: :smilielol:

THE CHARGER PUNK

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

PocketThunder

timmy

THE CHARGER PUNK

timmy

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on June 25, 2007, 05:01:49 PM
your putting a 6 into a c500?  :rofl:

that what it looks like the only charger 500 with a 6 banger and a dana

70charger_boy

:scratchchin: nice.....ah....hemi???  Timmy next time your in a pic you better have one of your hotties with you

timmy

Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 25, 2007, 06:37:23 PM
:scratchchin: nice.....ah....hemi???  Timmy next time your in a pic you better have one of your hotties with you

sorry about not having a hottie in the pic with me

Ghoste

Now don't go getting threads locked over here, we have enough potential turmoil as is.  ;)

69_500

That must be one of those extremely rare "HEMI's" without the only 2/3's of the plugs, and missin one valve cover.  :scratchchin:  :scratchchin:

I will keep my eyes our for any more of those.

Hey if it runs, and you can drive the 500, I say go for it.

Chad L. Magee

Nice, I am probably one of the few that wishes that they would have offered one that year.  I have been thinking on making a Daytona clone (think Jerry Juenmann's) with the /6.  Do you think that would get me a few  :shruggy: :hah: :brickwall: :eek2: :smilielol: at the non-mopar shows?....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

PocketThunder

Worked on cleaning my garage tonight and took all the crap out of the 500 to lighten it up for tomorrows transplant.  :2thumbs:

timmy

it is going to be really fun i cant wait to help you later  on today looking forward to it

Charger1973

Maybe I missed something here.  Why are you puttin a /6 into your C500?   :scratchchin:

Forza

THE CHARGER PUNK

thats gonna be a neat car to see driving i liek the look kinda thrown 2gther wit what ya have 2 make it work :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Charger1973 on June 30, 2007, 01:08:10 AM
Maybe I missed something here.  Why are you puttin a /6 into your C500?   :scratchchin:

Thats what it came with,  its a one of one.  Must have been a mix up at the factory  :shruggy:

70charger_boy

Charger1973

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 30, 2007, 07:28:28 AM

Thats what it came with,  its a one of one.  Must have been a mix up at the factory  :shruggy:

I didnt know that.  Thats pretty crazy!  What were the engine options in C500s anyway?  Just 440 or Hemi?  I dont know much about them really...  but its strange they would end up with a / 6 of all motors...

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Charger1973 on June 30, 2007, 08:04:15 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on June 30, 2007, 07:28:28 AM

I didnt know that.  Thats pretty crazy!  What were the engine options in C500s anyway?  Just 440 or Hemi?  I dont know much about them really...  but its strange they would end up with a / 6 of all motors...

I think hes kidding.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

69_500

He is kidding, but then again his is one of the odd ball 500's that had a 22" radiator in it from the factory.

Speaking of 22" radiator's, they apparently do a good enough job of cooling the 440's as well. As I just looked at a C500 the other day that had a 22" radiator in it, and it was running nice and cool.

Charger1973

You got me.   ;D  Hey 2nd gens arent my thing what can I say.  :shruggy: :smilielol:  It didnt happen to come with a Mod Top too?