News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Water or Antifreeze?

Started by 70sixpkrt, July 07, 2007, 12:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

OK, sonds a nice combo... distiled water and water wetter ( or purple ice )... well at least as the advertising states.

Never have seen that down here or maybe I didn't pay attention of those. Will search If I can find locally.

Now... where to find distiled water ? LOL... I won't buy 2 DOZENS of small bottles used to batteries LOL. They are not cheap down here.

Anyway, can be used with regular water with same results ?... redline demo doesn't says anything about distiled water thought, althought I know distiled water definitelly would help!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

Either one can be used with your usual coolant mixture, be it water or antifreeze.  If you can't find it down there pm me Nacho.

bull

Quote from: is_it_EVER_done? on July 16, 2007, 04:21:26 PM
In EVERY case, failure was due to either the poor design of some engines (high points in the cooling system that trap air, which allows oxidation, as well as radiator designs that don't allow all the air to be removed from the system), running the coolant at to low a level (allowing air into the system which allows oxidation), or improper/shoddy maintenance by the owners and/or mechanics. Think about it! If DEX had ANY inherent problems, would it still be used after nearly 20 years? Consider the cost of warrantee repairs to the manufacturers. The fact is that there is no better soulution.

This paragraph right here tells me that Dex is no good. Do they somehow expect the average consumer to know which engine and/or radiator designs are inferior? That's crazy. Who's going to go out of their way to do that research when they can just go buy something that works? It's the coolant-maker's job to work with what's out there, not to make something that ruins engines and then blame the engine- or radiator-manufacturers when they go bad. That's like producing ecoli-tainted beef and then blaming those who get sick for not having a tough enough stomach for it.

hemihead

If Dex is so great why would GM settle ? Anyway, the only ones to gain in this , like all Class Action suits, is the Lawyers. Each person will probably get $8.04
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

bull

Quote from: hemihead on December 24, 2007, 04:06:24 AM
If Dex is so great why would GM settle ? Anyway, the only ones to gain in this , like all Class Action suits, is the Lawyers. Each person will probably get $8.04
:yesnod: Enough money to buy one gallon of Prestone.