News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wondering have you used filler on your pillars?

Started by Mo Power, July 20, 2007, 08:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo Power

OK I was thinking about using metal filler which is almost like bondo but its metal and I was wondering if anybody has used this kind of filler.
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

Drop Top

Yes I use this kind of filler in places like this all the time. Its tuff to get used to but once you learn how to use it its not bad. It drys really hard you'll have to block it down with at least 36 grit. then seal it and finish it back off with plastic filler.

JimShine

I used it on the A pillar and sail panel seams on Drop Tops suggestion and that stuff looks as good today as when I applied it almost 2 years ago. I also ground out some areas I knew had more than a skim coat of bondo and used the metal to metal. I can tell now as areas of bondo are visable that I couldn't see before. The metal to metal is still perfect.

440AirForce

Anyone have a link to purchase the metal filler??
Whether or not I'm good at English is inimportant!

JimShine

You can probably get it locally and save shipping. It was at most of my local car parts stores in the bondo section.

The70RT

I just got done using it around my back window and sail panel area where the factory filler was. Like everyone is saying you just have to put a skim of bondo afterwards. There is metal to metal and all metal. It seems to be pretty equal to me. I used some on my camper and never painted it yet and has set outside for years with just primer and is still holding up. :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Silver R/T

I've used metal-to-metal body filler. I liked it, it was very smooth sanding.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722