News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

whats the correct fusible link?

Started by wreckova68, September 22, 2005, 06:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wreckova68

Ive got a 1968 stock 383.   Some kinda master fuse (see picture) has been put in by the bulkhead/firewall - it failed and I lost the engine and all electrics.  Ive been advised this should be a fusible link but I dont know whether it should be a blue fusible link  ???or a yellow one.  Can anyone tell me what are the rating differences for the blue and the yellow and which I should use?

Ghoste

It's hard to see that pic.  Can you downsize it at all?  As to the color, I believe your car should have a blue one.

wreckova68

wow! so that's what attachments should look like - not! Sorry about the overblown pic - thanks for the reply, I'll stick the blue one in and give her a go/

purple70rt

Here is one I just sold off of a 70 coronet. It's blue also.

Silver68RT

How do you get the fusible link pin out of the connector?  I've got a '68 Charger, and the fusible link wire corroded and broke off at the back of the connector.  I can't figure out how to get the pin out so I can replace it.  Also can't seem to find a ground strap on the engine anywhere.  Where should it located on a '68 Charger with a 440?  The car has been sitting for a long time, and I'm working on getting it running again.  The wiring's in pretty bad shape, so I'm bound to have some other questions as I go along.

Thanks,

Doug
Silver68RT

Nacho-RT74

I never have known about rate differences on fuse link labeled with colors.

I installed a double fuse link on my car since I'm, running a higher amp alt and added an extra parallel wires up to am and up to starter relay stud. Both are blue and both are different gauges ( both are originals from donors harnesses )

I have a complete fuse link coil to get replaces in case of blows, and it is black, same gauge than the thin one I have. so colors is not rate. GAUGE is rate
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html