News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 07, 2009, 10:42:30 PM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 07, 2009, 11:06:54 AM
QuoteNeed a couple nice rains.

:yesnod: rain baby rain . i got cabin feve real bad too .  :dance:

We took the 69 runner out today. The new 383 runs great, but it's still leaking a little coolant at one of the exhaust bolts. Also took the 79 Trans Am out for a drive. The cudas got their turn last weekend.
Sandra and I spent a little time looking at the 70 Satellite today. We're thinking about moving it into one of the shops and starting teardown for the Superbird transformation. I'll let her work on it while I work on the daytona clone. That'll keep her busy for a while.  :yesnod:
LIME LIGHT    :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  SUBLIME
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on February 06, 2009, 08:59:31 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on February 06, 2009, 10:11:05 AM
  it's going to be 70 degree's here today !  So i drove the birdible to work today .  Figures I need to keep breaking this new motor in , Its running great .

Looking good Stuart :2thumbs: I think with the nice weather i will get my Daytona out this weekend for cruising, i never drive it in the winter as i dont like using wing deicer :icon_smile_big: Jay.
bring it on up to KC lets cruise

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on February 07, 2009, 10:43:47 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on February 07, 2009, 10:42:30 PM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 07, 2009, 11:06:54 AM
QuoteNeed a couple nice rains.

:yesnod: rain baby rain . i got cabin feve real bad too .  :dance:

We took the 69 runner out today. The new 383 runs great, but it's still leaking a little coolant at one of the exhaust bolts. Also took the 79 Trans Am out for a drive. The cudas got their turn last weekend.
Sandra and I spent a little time looking at the 70 Satellite today. We're thinking about moving it into one of the shops and starting teardown for the Superbird transformation. I'll let her work on it while I work on the daytona clone. That'll keep her busy for a while.  :yesnod:
LIME LIGHT    :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  SUBLIME

She wants to paint it sublime, but I keep reminding her that she already has a sublime car. We sold her hemi chal convert that was painted in the custom yellow that she created, so I might talk her into that color. I wanted tor-red, but my other 71 Cuda is a factory tor-red car so it has to go back that color. I'm trying to not double up on any colors. It's tough choosing just the right color. I think I blew it on the daytona clone. I'm just not digging that big ole black car...yet.

Here's a pic of the yellow color that she created. I think that it would look good on a superbird. Kind of a cross between lemon twist and curious yellow. She called it "Curious Twist". It really stands out when you see it in person.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

WingCharger

Quote from: moparstuart on February 12, 2009, 10:58:56 AM
  here is a satelite convert for sale ,  could be a great superbird convertible

http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ebaymotors/1970-Plymouth-Satellite-GTX-Tribute-Convertible-Project_W0QQitemZ270342979565QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6415QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
That must have been a really rare car originally. A convertible car, with A/C, and a SLANT SIX! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Must have wanted to be comfy but nothing else. :yesnod:
I would love to own that car put back original. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

hotrod98

I don't know what the converts are bringing nowadays, but to me the price seems high. I can buy a decent Roadrunner hardtop car around here for that kind of dough.
I passed on a real nice low mileage garage kept 70 Satellite 383 car for 9 grand a couple of years ago.
Stuart, is this the current value of the converts?

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 12, 2009, 07:03:18 PM
I don't know what the converts are bringing nowadays, but to me the price seems high. I can buy a decent Roadrunner hardtop car around here for that kind of dough.
I passed on a real nice low mileage garage kept 70 Satellite 383 car for 9 grand a couple of years ago.
Stuart, is this the current value of the converts?
they are rare , only like 2000 of them made ?  so to see them avalible is rare but that being said i gave 5k for mine 12 years ago in worse shape  ?

BigBlockSam

QuoteI work on the daytona clone

YES!   i'm dying to see that car done. :popcrn:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

If I had painted it red, it would be finished by now. I'm that way with projects. Black is such a pita. Now that I'm having to paint my brother-in-law's 69 Runner black, I'm just burnt out on black already. I almost pulled the tona clone into the booth last week to re-paint it red, but I talked myself out of it. I think the black will be awesome once everything's finished.
Just won't be able to drive it between April and October due to the heat.  That leaves March and November. :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteBlack is such a pita.

:yesnod:  and it's so hard to keep them clean. after i did the r/t black. i swore i won't do a balck car again but man! when there clean, they look real good !
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

it's a beautiful  70 degrees here today , put the top down on the birdible and drove it to work today .

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on March 06, 2009, 12:35:18 PM
  it's a beautiful  70 degrees here today , put the top down on the birdible and drove it to work today .

Did the engine blow up?  ??   :shruggy:   :nana:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 06, 2009, 02:09:09 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 06, 2009, 01:02:35 PM
you funny    so far so good

Good, i cant wait to see it in 2-1/2 months.   :2thumbs:
just called yesterday and made my resevations @ apple valley residential suites

We are coming up thursday so My wife can hit the cross stitch store in minnetonka again  ( but i'm sure that paul will be a no show again ) LOL  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on March 06, 2009, 02:31:19 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on March 06, 2009, 02:09:09 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 06, 2009, 01:02:35 PM
you funny    so far so good

Good, i cant wait to see it in 2-1/2 months.   :2thumbs:
just called yesterday and made my resevations @ apple valley residential suites

We are coming up thursday so My wife can hit the cross stitch store in minnetonka again  ( but i'm sure that paul will be a no show again ) LOL  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Hey do you want to stop in for a beer after the stitch store?   :cheers:   You will only be 2 miles from my house.  I should have my new garage up by then and you can be the first to set foot in it.

moparstuart

we shall see , I wasnt planning on making the trip to the stitching store , so who knows   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:    IS THIS GOD     AWEFUL OR WHAT                                 

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: LOTS OF PEOPLE OUT IN CONVERTIBLES  TODAY                                   
                                                                                      SAW THIS VETTE AT THE GAS  STATION TODAY

BigBlockSam

QuoteIS THIS GOD     AWEFUL OR WHAT 

i would luv to see you driving that car  :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 06, 2009, 08:19:14 PM
QuoteIS THIS GOD     AWEFUL OR WHAT 

i would luv to see you driving that car  :smilielol:
I  WENT TO POST PICTURES AND THAT WAS IN MY KIDS FILE , he has three lebaronconvertsi hope he is not           planning on that paint job

hotrod98

If you see me driving that car..call the police, I've been kidnapped and someone has a gun to my head.....

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 06, 2009, 08:32:40 PM
If you see me driving that car..call the police, I've been kidnapped and someone has a gun to my head.....
larrysomeone stole your daytona truck and chopped and lowered it
   saw it at world of wheels sunday

66chargerkid

Quote from: moparstuart on March 06, 2009, 08:15:27 PM
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:    IS THIS GOD     AWEFUL OR WHAT                                 
This is the ppg pace car.
It was a factory race up 87 lebaron convertible set for the nascar speedway as a pace car.
THere were three of them
One went to the chrysler museum, one went to chryslers private collection, and one went to PPG industries to use as a show car.
THe car has over 250 whp and is very fast.
I put pictures of the car in my file cause I was planning on dropping a 250hp+ motor in my lebaron convertible and convertible flex needs reinforcement.
THerefore I was going to copy the roll bar off the back (which is very functional).
BUT ANYWAYS!
I changed the oil on the bird today  :2thumbs: :drive: :dance:
:boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

BigBlockSam

can you do photoshop? put  your dad behind the wheel .  :smilielol: