News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

VIN plate fabrication

Started by rudyjrusa, October 03, 2007, 03:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Tilar

Man, that tag looks very good.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

QuicksilverDiecast

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 06, 2007, 11:10:27 PM
The correct Rosette head 8 pointed Rivets are hard to Find, Jerome found a large Stash years ago, Since then they have become easier to obtain from Chrysler workers, ect, ect. LEON.

If any of you who are real ggod with the ORIGINAL Chrysler Parts Books and look thru the 1969 7 70-71 book in I believe it was group 23 body there WAS an actual part number for VIN Tags! So when I worked at the Dodge dealer back then I ordered 1 and sure enough got 1 brand new blank vin tag with NO numbers pressed into it. I would imagine these were available for warranty work when there may have been a need to replace the dash pad on an e body or the steel dash chassis on other cars and the dealer principle had to replace the tag as well most likely having the district rep get Mopar to restamp the plate with the proper numbers verified by both the dealer and Mopar.. The blank tag yes I still have it and is my personal collection, however they were discontinued long ago from mother Mopar.....just a little trivia