News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Most $ & optioned 69 4 speed Hemi Daytona

Started by nascarxx29, October 23, 2007, 06:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

Had this saved on my computer when it was sent to me.And at Million 500 hundred thousand probably most exspensive daytona .It was Dave J and Bill J old car.Wonder if it ever sold?

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

it looked like a really cool car.  here are a couple pics from mopar nats '04:

nascarxx29

Thats the one of 2 hemi daytonas Dave J had .Long before that it was J Soneffs.And that car came from the same AZ dealership as the old Don Hicks black hemi 4 speed daytona
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

41husk

Oh its green!  I'm afraid thats a deal breaker, and I was just getting ready to reach for my check book :smilielol:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

that add was like 2 years ago  now it's worth  3 million according to the add  and yes it the most popular color dark green 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemigeno

moparstuart

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on October 24, 2007, 01:11:57 PM
neither was being sarcastic    sorry

No worries, I only said something because my R/T is "supposed" to be F8 Green.  As you can see, it is anything but that color at the moment.  I keep telling my wife that F8 was considered a very stylish color back in 1969, and she points to the calendar as if to say "It ain't 1969."

moparstuart

i like the color of yours now      green was popular back then and a heck of alot of them where green
      and i know your a numbers guy     but I like it now and it will loook better next to the daytona  ha ha ha

69_500

Gene, your still trying to make it sound like you really want to paint your car F8 green. Come on you can be honest with us here, you want to leave it V2 right?  :nana:

hemigeno

You're right, I would prefer V2 even with the obvious "Yee Haw" connection.  However, at least right now I can blame a previoius owner for the color change.  That keeps the rabid numbers guys (lots of whom are way more dogmatic about things than I am) at bay.

There's something else to consider here though -- my wife hates F8 Green.  So, if I paint the car back F8, she'll be more likely to approve swapping out this one for a different car.  There is a guy from Canada that has an awesome R4 4-speed '69 HemiCharger which would look even better than my current R/T when parked next to the Daytona.  Been trying to talk him into selling that car to me for a couple of years now.  If that falls through, she might even go for upgrading to a second Daytona.  Guess I can't play the color card and then go after this F8 HemiDaytona then, eh?

moparstuart

gene's pulling a troy and trying to trade up
     wings are so addictive

Moparmatty

Quote from: hemigeno on October 24, 2007, 04:30:15 PM
You're right, I would prefer V2 even with the obvious "Yee Haw" connection.  However, at least right now I can blame a previoius owner for the color change.  That keeps the rabid numbers guys (lots of whom are way more dogmatic about things than I am) at bay.

There's something else to consider here though -- my wife hates F8 Green.  So, if I paint the car back F8, she'll be more likely to approve swapping out this one for a different car.  There is a guy from Canada that has an awesome R4 4-speed '69 HemiCharger which would look even better than my current R/T when parked next to the Daytona.  Been trying to talk him into selling that car to me for a couple of years now.  If that falls through, she might even go for upgrading to a second Daytona.  Guess I can't play the color card and then go after this F8 HemiDaytona then, eh?

Is the Canadian car you are talking about stripe delete and in Ontario Gene?

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on October 24, 2007, 04:42:37 PM
  gene's pulling a troy and trying to trade up
     wings are so addictive

Thanks no lie......  Especially when my last name is Hawkes.... get it? Wings = Hawkes..  Sorry, couldn't resist.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

Quote from: Moparmatty on October 24, 2007, 05:28:18 PM
Is the Canadian car you are talking about stripe delete and in Ontario Gene?

It's not the same car -- maybe I should be asking you where the one in Ontario is...   :icon_smile_big:

moparchris

Here's more obscure history that no one cares about.  The green Hemi Daytona was originally owned by an English teacher at my old high school in Scottsdale Az.  At the time the car had a 70 charger front end on it and a dealer installed white top.  Since there was no air and its REALLY HOT here, the white top was probably installed to help the interior stay a little cooler.  She sold the car the year before I started high school ('77)  to a local politician.  He died unexpectedly in his early 40's from a heart attack.  The car then went to Jay S. up in Denver.

hemigeno

Quote from: moparchris on October 25, 2007, 01:48:47 PM
Here's more obscure history that no one cares about.  The green Hemi Daytona was originally owned by an English teacher at my old high school in Scottsdale Az.  At the time the car had a 70 charger front end on it and a dealer installed white top.  Since there was no air and its REALLY HOT here, the white top was probably installed to help the interior stay a little cooler.  She sold the car the year before I started high school ('77)  to a local politician.  He died unexpectedly in his early 40's from a heart attack.  The car then went to Jay S. up in Denver.

Gotta be this car then:

abebummy26

Geno you know what else the V2 goes with?                                                                           

The truck lol  :yesnod: :nana:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

moparstuart

69_500

If your refering to Gene's truck then V2 doesn't go with it. As the truck is painted R4 red.

Hey now Gene you can't go talking all crazy like and saying you want 2 wing cars. Leave some out there for me and Troy.

moparstuart

two's ok  but those horders with three and 4 that need to stop ha ha ha I know several

abebummy26

I know its a different color but it still looks good on the truck :yesnod:  :2thumbs: I have seen the truck in person, but I have not seen the charger but he told me they were different colors at the time.

69_500

I guess I shouldn't say much due to family ties. heck when I was 10 I thought everyone had a yard full of wing cars. If a person didn't have at least 4 we didn't go visit them.

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on October 25, 2007, 04:17:25 PM
race the truck geno  race the truck

:smilielol:

I'll take on Dale Jarrett and the UPS truck anytime...   :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: 69_500 on October 25, 2007, 04:29:06 PM
Hey now Gene you can't go talking all crazy like and saying you want 2 wing cars. Leave some out there for me and Troy.

Have no fear, that's not very likely to happen.  I'd have to:
1.  Get done with the Daytona restoration 
2.  Recover from that financial drain 
3.  Spend a commensurate amount on things that my wife & rest of the family have an interest in
4.  Actually start a restoration on the R/T
5.  Have the car in F8 trim around long enough that my wife would get tired of looking at it
6.  Lobby for the winged upgrade
7.  Find either an outright buyer for the R/T or someone who wanted to work out a partial trade for a 2nd Daytona

Not a very likely scenario, and the odds pale in comparison to those of Troy's or yours.  It never hurts to dream though, does it?

Quote from: abebummy26 on October 25, 2007, 03:06:03 PM
Geno you know what else the V2 goes with?

The truck lol :yesnod: :nana:

Lincoln, the two colors (R4 & V2) go together better than R6 and V2 would...  The truck's original color was much closer to R6 than R4 (it might have even been a little darker than R6), but I wanted the truck to match the Daytona.  If I'd have painted the truck V2, everyone would have assumed it was an old Highway Department truck!  Now that we have taken this thread WAY off course... 

A 4-speed HemiDaytona looks good in any color IMHO.