News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

this is the most expensive bird clone i've seen

Started by BigBlockSam, October 24, 2007, 12:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

THE CHARGER PUNK

moparstuart

IT'S still a clone and will not bring that much

I did see a convertible clone like mine advertised for 150,000 but never brought it

only got to like 75k and didnt sell

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

wingfan

Super clone job, but to say it's more correct than most original Superbirds and then put on the wrong color decals is a little contradictory. 

62 Max

While we're picking,it also has a 73/74 right side manifold. :o

69bronzeT5

Its deffintley too much for a bird clone but it looks well done. I like it :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

pettybird

Quote from: wingfan on October 24, 2007, 05:08:33 PM
Super clone job, but to say it's more correct than most original Superbirds and then put on the wrong color decals is a little contradictory. 

limelight cars came both ways.  rick edwards' survivor (with 150+K miles on it, anyway) has white decals, too.

"There are very few people alive that can tell that this is not an original Bird."

oh, how about anyone with half a brain and a knowledge of VIN's and fender tags?  oops.  also, what 'range' of build dates are there??? 

quick guess that the car you're looking at is a real bird:

lynch road built
U,V,R code engine
V19, V88 listed on tag
build date B30 (nov. 30)

wouldn't you think the guy who 'restores superbirds for a living' would know all birds share the same build date?

62 Max

Quote from: pettybird on October 24, 2007, 08:47:36 PM
Quote from: wingfan on October 24, 2007, 05:08:33 PM

limelight cars came both ways.  rick edwards' survivor (with 150+K miles on it, anyway) has white decals, too.

Really!

gtx6970

I know of at least 2 FJ5 Limelight birds that are/were original paint with white lettering

isn't there a code on the fender tag designating Bird , like A13 or A11 or something like that

Nice looking car, shame it's a fake .

ps - wrong valve covers to

moparstuart

yes  with ma mopar never say never   there are atleast 2 original lime green birds with white lettering

and they look so awesome with white

pettybird

the only combos i've never seen or heard of are B5/black decals and W1/white decals.  that's just common sense, i guess.

i like the white decals on the lighter colors like yellow and green...  it seems more subdued. 

69_500

I believe that there are 6 of the limelight Superbirds with the white lettering. Also a side note but they are all sequentia in VIN's as well. One being Rick Edwards, one being the Malcom's car, and then 4 others.

moparstuart

69_500

Apparently. There was 1 of the others at Vegas this year. I was looking at the car when Sharron malcom came walking up, and said "Isn't that odd, white lettering on a limelight Superbird." I commented back that it was just like her's. She had to pull out a picture of her car just to check.
We then looked at the VIN and noticed it was 2 digits from her's.

moparstuart

she didnt ever know her own car has white  ?

69_500

Not until she pulled out a little photo album and looked.

She didn't know her own VIN until she pulled out a notepad and looked that one up too.

Maybe I'm just odd, but even I knew the VIN to her car.

moparstuart

pettybird

Quote from: gtx6970 on October 24, 2007, 10:13:37 PM

isn't there a code on the fender tag designating Bird , like A13 or A11 or something like that

not on the fender tag.  lynch road cars barely said anything.  V19/B30 are really the clues you're looking for.

rick edwards' car is in the run of the six sequential limelight cars, but they're not all white decals--he knows of most of the cars and they're both ways.  i can call him if you want to know more--he has those VINs memorized with colors--it's one of his favorite stories to tell...

Ghoste

He has so many stories to tell I have a difficult time believing he could pick any favorites.  ;)

moparstuart

69_500

I'm guessing that you have about 4-5 hours to kill if your planning on calling Rick? :coolgleamA:

Everytime I call him it is at least a 4 hour phone call. Even worse when you run into him at a car show. Well I shouldn't say its bad, as I love talking to him. But once you get him started you might as well  :popcrn:  :cheers:

pettybird

i'm a lucky one.  i've called his house and spent less than 90 minutes on the phone.

autograph requests to the right, please.

he is a great guy, and yeah his stories rock (even the 9th time through.)

nascarxx29

I like all the dash plaques Rick has on his dash .And where the paint has rubbed thin on the drivers door from the arm resting.That car gets around
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Less than 90 minutes on the phone? Did you hang up mid sentence on him?  :smilielol:

I used to call him at least 1 time a month before he sold the Daytona. I tried for probably 8 years to buy that car off of him. Through the 4 hour conversation he would say he would sell it at least 1 time, but by the end of the call he would go back to wanting to keep it. Then one day I called him, and he said he had sold it.

Ghoste

I've parked near him at a couple of shows now trying to get some of his tales on tape but so far no luck.  He is obviously one of those legendary characters that make our hobby so great.