News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

grille fasteners

Started by poppa, November 28, 2007, 08:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Does anyone make a "hardware kit" for mounting the grille on a 69 Charger???
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: poppa on November 28, 2007, 08:03:58 PM
Does anyone make a "hardware kit" for mounting the grille on a 69 Charger???

Yes, lots of place hangle them such as:

A&M hightech (bill is a member here "gtx6970")
                           Megaparts
                           Year one
                           paddock   ......etc
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

JimShine

BlueSS454

I got a set of these.  The quality of them was good, however, the fit is another story.  The bolts were a tad too short and would not reach the U clips on the grille.  I had to shave down the plastic snap washers in order to get them to work.
Tom Rightler

JimShine

I had issues as well. On both my car and Lee1, I had to recycle the thinnest spacers as the new kit didn't get thin enough for the center and gave the grille a boxy sort of appearance. I do remember having to source out a couple screws too.

poppa

poppa

Next question now that I have a kit.How do these get installed?? None when I took it apart???

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: poppa on December 13, 2007, 09:42:47 PM
Next question now that I have a kit.How do these get installed?? None when I took it apart???
I have the same problem as you, got the kit (only now I learn it does'nt fit well) and didn't have it before.  My thought was (as I haven't done it yet) that one spacer goes underneath, and one on top.  I looked at pictures on the net and thats the way it looked to me?   I just dug up this thread, scroll way down and look at a picture where you can see the spacers on top of the header piece.  Good luck.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,30425.0.html
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

poppa

I think your right,they go in the big holes on the metal piece,one on top one on bottom.....

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: poppa on December 15, 2007, 05:33:25 PM
I think your right,they go in the big holes on the metal piece,one on top one on bottom.....

yes they go into the holes in the metal grille  ....

here are some pics for ya  1 is the 2 pieces
                                     2 this is the side that the bolt head will be on
                                     3 this side will meet up with the u clip on the grille itself
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

poppa

Thanks 1hot68,most helpful....