News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GO CHIEFS !! Other team talks welcomed.

Started by ACUDANUT, December 03, 2007, 05:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

the bad part about it ponch is that  the raiders couldnt beat anyone out of the division. an awesome feat to beat everyone in the division both times they played them :yesnod: got to give your raiders that one :2thumbs: ok, thats the last nice thing i can say about the raiders :nana: got to get ready for the playoffs
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bull

Quote from: The70RT on January 02, 2011, 07:22:58 PM
Best team in the division but a worse record....and not even a winning record...just like a Raider fan  :pity:

But, they still kicked KC's butt twice and totally dominated them this round. :lol: KC fans can rip on them all day but this year it rings hollow when they're 0-2 against the Raiders. :nana:

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 02, 2011, 07:23:46 PM
the bad part about it ponch is that  the raiders couldnt beat anyone out of the division.

Except for the Rams and Chickenhawks of course, right? :nono:

The70RT

Ok the Raiders are better.....i will drink out of a black koosey for the rest of the season  :nana:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

At least it's black. :2thumbs:

1970 was a good year for you. Your Charger was new and it was the last time KC was in the Super Bowl. And they won! :cheers:

The70RT

Yeah yeah, don't remind me  :cheers:

472 R/T SE

So what does ol' greasy Al do when a coach brings a resemblance of a winning attitude?  He fires them.  ESPN is saying Cable's contract will not be renewed.   ;D

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 02, 2011, 09:05:02 PM
So what does ol' greasy Al do when a coach brings a resemblance of a winning attitude?  He fires them.  ESPN is saying Cable's contract will not be renewed.   ;D

That wouldn't surprise me one bit. True or not, Al's a jackass.

ACUDANUT

I think our season is done.   :brickwall: We can't beat the Ravens.   ::) We don't look like a Play off team at all.   :RantExplode: The Raiders killed us.  :RantExplode:

The70RT

Like we been saying all these years - there's always next year  ::)

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on January 03, 2011, 10:51:06 AM
Like we been saying all these years - there's always next year  ::)
:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: glutten for  :brickwall:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on January 02, 2011, 10:26:00 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 02, 2011, 09:05:02 PM
So what does ol' greasy Al do when a coach brings a resemblance of a winning attitude?  He fires them.  ESPN is saying Cable's contract will not be renewed.   ;D

That wouldn't surprise me one bit. True or not, Al's a jackass.

that would be a stupid move...but since we're talking about Al, I'm assuming that its going to happen. It's a shame too, cuz there are a lot of good unemployed or soon to be unemployed coaches out there that could be an improvement over Cable, but none of them are dumb enough to wanna deal with Al's senile ass.

With our luck, the Raiders are going to end up with a proven loser like Norv Turner or Marty Schottenheimer or, in another one of his experiments, Al will hand the team over to yet another unproven character with no head coaching experience.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 03, 2011, 01:47:56 PM
that would be a stupid move...but since we're talking about Al, I'm assuming that its going to happen. It's a shame too, cuz there are a lot of good unemployed or soon to be unemployed coaches out there that could be an improvement over Cable, but none of them are dumb enough to wanna deal with Al's senile ass.

With our luck, the Raiders are going to end up with a proven loser like Norv Turner or Marty Schottenheimer or, in another one of his experiments, Al will hand the team over to yet another unproven character with no head coaching experience.

Davis would never hire a "brand name" coach like those guys, at least I seriously doubt it. Has he ever done that? It always seems to be some crapshoot schmuck from the ranks who Al views as a yes-man. Cable is a good leader and has been building a basis for a good, cohesive team (despite Al's best efforts to undermine that) and I think if they would give him him for another 3-4 year contract the Raiders would have a decent shot at a Super Bowl appearance. They've improved greatly over the past couple years IMO.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on January 03, 2011, 03:22:16 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on January 03, 2011, 01:47:56 PM

Davis would never hire a "brand name" coach like those guys, at least I seriously doubt it. Has he ever done that? It always seems to be some crapshoot schmuck from the ranks who Al views as a yes-man. Cable is a good leader and has been building a basis for a good, cohesive team (despite Al's best efforts to undermine that) and I think if they would give him him for another 3-4 year contract the Raiders would have a decent shot at a Super Bowl appearance. They've improved greatly over the past couple years IMO.

they still need stability at the QB position. Going back and forth as they did this season almost worked out, but they need to have one guy and stick with him. Maybe a Carson Palmer type that is a decent QB but needs a fresh start with a new team.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

nvrbdn

the problem with it is these arent the raiders of old, used up hasbeens from other teams. these guys have talent and could easily be contenders soon with the right guidence. enough that they scare me.  a few minor tweeks and these guys will be hard to beat under the right guy. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 03, 2011, 04:04:10 PM
the problem with it is these arent the raiders of old, used up hasbeens from other teams. these guys have talent and could easily be contenders soon with the right guidence. enough that they scare me.  a few minor tweeks and these guys will be hard to beat under the right guy. :yesnod:

Yeah, Lane Kiffin had me worried cause he was starting to change the direction even with a bust QB thrust upon him.  When you suck for so many years you end up with a team full of underachieving talent w/o guidance.  

If Greasy Al was smart he'd go after Jeff Fisher.  

I guess we got lucky in only sucking for 3 years.  The current team was built by Herm Edwards & Carl Peterson & it took a new coaching staff to utilize the talent.  

Years ago Dick Jauron built the Bears team that Lovie Smith has performing.
Same with the Lions & Jim Schwartz.  That's what the Raiders need is someone like Schwartz to have them in the playoffs right away.  I don't want to see it happen but it's all a cycle.  Right now the Chargers & Broncos are sliding.  

I can only hope our GM keeps us winning for the next decade or more.  No more rebuilding in my lifetime.

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 03, 2011, 06:25:14 PM
If Greasy Al was smart he'd go after Jeff Fisher.  

There's only two things wrong though. Al isn't smart and Jeff Fisher isn't a kissass.

Actually, Al is smart but he's smart like Hitler was smart. Smart enough to take control of an empire (to varying degrees) but too dumb to delegate and listen to wise people who can understand and implement the simplistic ease of common sense. In other words, he's a micromanaging control freak.

472 R/T SE

Wow, it's confirmed Cable isn't getting his contract renewed.  You poor fans.   :-\

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5989707

learical1

Quote from: bull on January 02, 2011, 01:12:09 AM
I still hate the Seahawks. I HATE, HATE, HATE them. I am a chickenhawk hater.

Chickenhawks???? Call them by their correct, full name: the Seattle Semenhawks.
Bruce

Ponch ®

The70RT

Well I guess I'm going to the game  ::) My oldest son's wife and daughter bowed out. I didn't really want to go but me and my wife didn't do much on our anniversary (12-31) or my birthday (12-29) and is gung ho to go. It will be a party of 9 , me & the wife, 2 sons, grand son, and even my nephew & a couple of his friends that flew in from Va. At one time I was like 33 & 3 at games I went to till i lost track like ten years or so ago. Since then it has been like 3 & 5  :-\ I have been to all 6 home playoff game since the 71 Super Bowl win, so I guess my streak will continue.....but hopefully a win this time.  The most exciting being against the Steelers (94) and the last Raiders game (91) which was the last game for the Raiders QB Marinovich where he was suspended for drugs. Did anyone hear about Ed Reed of the Ravens? His brother was being chased by the Police last night and he drove off in the Ole Miss and they haven't found him yet  :rotz:

nvrbdn

yep, heard that on the news. driving a stolen car. said he got out and jumped into the river. seen him go down and didnt resurface. we just drew for the playoffs, 1 guy per team. the wife got charles and i got cassel, so they better get 2 games. and also they did a write up on my christmas lights in the newspaper here. they talked about the arrowhead with the giant kc in it on my roof for my "kansas city chiefs" stating that it will stay up through the superbowl.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

not bad i guess for a news paper in illinois right across the river from st.louis :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

The70RT

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 08, 2011, 02:37:33 PM
not bad i guess for a news paper in illinois right across the river from st.louis :2thumbs:

Cooooool  :2thumbs:

The70RT

Who dat....I mean them hawks  :shruggy:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: The70RT on January 08, 2011, 07:44:15 PM
Who dat....I mean them hawks  :shruggy:

I'm sort of relieved that the Chickenhawks pulled that off.  It makes the 7-9 record & playoffs a little easier to swallow.  I don't think the 'hawks will make it past next week though.