News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 dodge charger 500 with 440 motor on AZ craigslist

Started by petercharger, February 09, 2008, 03:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runninhorn

whooops, didnt mean to step on another member's toes, just wanted to get this wrapped up.

The70RT

Quote from: runninhorn on February 19, 2008, 12:53:56 PM
whooops, didnt mean to step on another member's toes, just wanted to get this wrapped up.

Looks like your wrap had the color greeeeeen.......Ya snooze ya looooose........... I bet that you are gonna be happier than hell with the car. Especially when the prices go back up.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

Get that avatar changed!   :icon_smile_cool:

Welcome to the C500 club  :2thumbs:

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 19, 2008, 01:43:09 PM
Get that avatar changed!   :icon_smile_cool:

Welcome to the C500 club  :2thumbs:

Paul
in St. Paul

Yeah,, no kidding.. maybe something like this..  Maybe a wee bit smaller...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BigBlockSam

cONGRATS .  :cheers:  I CAN ONLY DREAM OF OWNING A REAL AERO CAR . THERE GETTING RARER EVRY DAY.  :boogie:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 19, 2008, 02:29:55 PM
cONGRATS .  :cheers:  I CAN ONLY DREAM OF OWNING A REAL AERO CAR . THERE GETTING RARER EVRY DAY.  :boogie:
rarer and more expensive
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RAC95054

Quote from: runninhorn on February 19, 2008, 12:53:56 PM

Yes, I spent the weekend debating this one, as it is a really nice car, but I guess I decided I would stay commited to a 4-speed car (Ready top sell yet, Troy?  ;D).  I owe learical1 at least a 12-pack of beer for making the trip to inspect the car (how would you like me to pay??).   :cheers: 

Congrats on the purchase, and from all I've read in this post, it sounds like it will have a great new home, and offer some healing therapy at teh same time (I truely sorry to hear about your mother... I lost my dad when I pretty you, so it's difficult, I know).  Keep us posted on any work you do on it, and post more pictures, too!
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

learical1

Quote from: runninhorn on February 19, 2008, 11:45:27 AM
who else is after it? I fedex'ed the deposit an hour ago.

you can fed-ex the beer to:

Bruce Lear
6952 W Potter Dr
Glendale AZ 85308

:cheers:
Bruce

moparstuart

Quote from: learical1 on February 19, 2008, 03:33:35 PM

Bruce Lear
6952 W Potter Dr
Glendale AZ 85308

isnt there a federal interstate transport law ????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RAC95054

Quote from: moparstuart on February 19, 2008, 03:38:08 PM

Bruce Lear
6952 W Potter Dr
Glendale AZ 85308

Yeah, I'll just send a check and instructions.  ;)

learical1

Quote from: RAC95054 on February 19, 2008, 03:41:41 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on February 19, 2008, 03:38:08 PM

Bruce Lear
6952 W Potter Dr
Glendale AZ 85308

Yeah, I'll just send a check and instructions.  ;)

It too bad there weren't two 500's, but you can't both buy the car.   :pity:
Bruce

RAC95054

Quote from: learical1 on February 19, 2008, 03:49:19 PM

It too bad there weren't two 500's, but you can't both buy the car.   :pity:

That would have been nice.  I really appreciate you going over there, Bruce.  That was a big help in me deciding.  I'm glad runninghorn will give it a nice home.  Hopefully "my" car will turn up one day soon.

-Russ

69_500

Well there are 3 500s in that same area of AZ right? Oh thats right but the other 2 aren't for sale. And only one of them is a 4 speed and its definately not for sale.

I'll be giving the seller a call tonight on the car, to see which weekend is best. Ideally this one coming up as the high in Indiana is only going to be 25 on Saturday and I'm sure its warmer in AZ.  :lol:

RAC95054

Quote from: 69_500 on February 19, 2008, 03:56:51 PM
Well there are 3 500s in that same area of AZ right? Oh thats right but the other 2 aren't for sale. And only one of them is a 4 speed and its definately not for sale.

I'll be giving the seller a call tonight on the car, to see which weekend is best. Ideally this one coming up as the high in Indiana is only going to be 25 on Saturday and I'm sure its warmer in AZ.  :lol:

There is other C500's for sale in that area??  Can you be so kind as to share?   :P

learical1

Quote from: RAC95054 on February 19, 2008, 04:01:46 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on February 19, 2008, 03:56:51 PM

There is other C500's for sale in that area??  Can you be so kind as to share?   :P

The brother of the owner of the 500 for sale has my old Hemi 4-speed 500, and it's not for sale.  There might be another one in the Greater Phoenix area, but not that I'm aware of.  30+ years ago, there were 2 others, but I have no idea of they're still here.
Bruce

69_500

There is 3 500's in that same area of town. However there is only 1 of them that is for sale. Oddly enough all 3 of them are Green cars. 2 440 cars, and 1 HEMI car. Like learical1 said though the HEMI car is most definately not for sale. The other 440 car was a major project car 2-3 years back and I don't think a whole lot has changed on it since then.

RAC95054

Ah.  OK.  Thanks for clarifying.  Of course, please do let me know if any do pop up for sale (the 4-speed, mainly).

69_500

No problem. Only downside though is that i'd love to own a 4 speed car as well. But then again talking my wife into allowing me to have 2 cars isn't that likely unless its a really good deal. I'll keep ya informed though if I come accross any for sale.

learical1

runninhorn, let me know when you're coming to town, maybe we can get the Perry Bros. to bring my old Hemi 500 over, I'll bring the delapidated photo albums and we can have a good ol' time!
Bruce

RAC95054

Quote from: 69_500 on February 19, 2008, 04:41:28 PM
No problem. Only downside though is that i'd love to own a 4 speed car as well. But then again talking my wife into allowing me to have 2 cars isn't that likely unless its a really good deal. I'll keep ya informed though if I come accross any for sale.

Thank you!  I really appreciate it.  :cheers:

runninhorn

sure thing learical. Im debating on driving out to get it or not. $900 white glove enclosed transport Tempe to Dallas door to door, so I may just have the truck pick it up. But ill let you know if I come out, definately want to get together.

So when I get this car back, I need to make a list of things to replace/fix/go thru to make it road worthy to drive around town. Ill start the list, please add to it so I dont miss anything--

plugs
wires
distributor
gas tank
fuel lines
brakes

learical1

check the tranny, it drove in and out of the garage fine, but it never had to upshift.  It could be fine, but if it were me, I'd drain it, check the filter for particulates, and hopefully button it back up refill and cruise.

Tires looked good, not much to check with the electronic ignition, idled fine, didn't overheat while sitting, but you might what to replace the thermostat, just as a precaution, and a fresh fill of antifreeze.  that's all that comes to mind offhand.
Bruce

runninhorn

RAC95054

Flush the brake lines, and add new fluid.  Check them for rust, especially if it has sat a long time.  Check the pads, too.  Make sure the belts and hoses have no age cracks.  Might want to lube all the front suspension, too.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: runninhorn on February 19, 2008, 06:05:33 PM
sure thing learical. Im debating on driving out to get it or not. $900 white glove enclosed transport Tempe to Dallas door to door...

Another Aero Car is coming to the Metroplex!  :cheers: Congrats!  :2thumbs:

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,